Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Would You Do?
Continue Choking The Person 34 41.46%
Stop Choking The Person 48 58.54%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:10 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times

Advertisements

It still blows my mind that Americans (especially conservatives) would defend this kind of over the top policing.

Just hope that five armed cops don't jump on you or your family and apply one of these non-choke holds.

Remember, if you tell them you're having trouble breathing that's proof that you are fine and is all the more reason to keep the pressure on.

If a cop says you are under arrest I would recommend that you immediately go rag doll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 07:27 PM

779 posts, read 628,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Thank you. Finally someone has their facts correct.

Many things went wrong here. A person passes away which is sad because he himself could have prevented this from happening by 1. Not doing things illegal as M Brown did. 2. Not resisting arrest and pushing and shoving police who were trying to arrest or talk to him about his illegal activities when he became irritated. 3. Being extremely obese like he was he was in no position to resist arrest. 4. The policeman again was trying to control an out of control person and bad things happened.

Again, this is turned into a race issue when it is clear he was doing something illegal and then resisted arrest and became out of control.

One more time, 93% of all black men who die from violent crimes are caused by other black men, so please stop making every single case an issue.

Why are those 93% black on black deaths not a daily issue? Why are black athletes not wearing shirts asking black men to stop killing each other?

Travon Martin- Issue was he attacked a person, he assaulted an armed person.

Michael Brown - Issue was he job committed a robbery, assaulted a clerk. Then attacked and assaulted a police officer.

This case- Obese out of control person who was illegally doing something and resisted arrest.

Dont forget about cases such as the Duke rape case where the black lady lied about white boys raping her to get attention. Those lives were ruined because of her racist ways of hate towards white people.

Turned out she is a life long welfare case and did not take offers to pay for her college from people who looked like fools not knowing she was a liar and a welfare case.

Just get the facts correct, the mention above is facts and they cannot be denied.

Personally any athlete who is getting paid and wears one of those shirts should be suspended without pay as they are racist themselves knowing it is inciting more hate when the issue was and is nothing to do with a black person who resisted arrest and was unhealthy to begin with.
What do you not get about:
A. Those 96% deaths being an issue and the reason for marches, movements and entire organizations to try and stem the tide of violence?
B. People don't want government sanctioned killings when other methods of subduing can be used.
C.when a cop had been shown to make a fatal error, people want accountability. That is shady would happen to anyone responsible a homicide.

The woman that lied should have been faced with fraud lawsuits and jail time. They may have gone easy on her because she is bipolar with a mental history and was on multiple meds and alcohol. Not sits if they at least sought treatment for her.

We have different voted about 2 out of 3 of those cases but no point in wasting time on that.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:18 AM

23,447 posts, read 23,781,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
If You Were Choking A Person And They Said "I Can't Breath", What Would You Do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I'd say, if you can speak, then you can breath.
This should have been the end of the thread. Why it continued for ten pages is a mystery.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:44 AM

77,713 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Assuming:

- The person has no weapons.

- Five or six of you friends are with you.
That's not the safe word so you keep choking of course. duh.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:16 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,804,283 times
I'd call an ambulance so he could get needed medical attention and to ensure he hasn't choked to death, but might die of medical complications due to obesity.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:20 PM

31,833 posts, read 14,809,134 times
[quote=Workin_Hard;37655881]Uh, because sometimes the "victim" is the one causing the problem? If one can talk then one is not choking. If he could talk, then his airway was open enough to pass air. Had he complied with the officers' lawful order, he'd be out there breaking the law again today. For someone who had been arrested many times before, he should have known how it goes and that he wasn't going to win. He made a choice to resist, and choices have consequences. Next.[/QUOTE]

The victim was unarmed and not doing harm to anyone. He wasn't looking to rob anyone, he was just trying to make a living by selling cigarettes. OMG, let's tackle him to the ground because he resisted arrest. And then when he says he can't breathe they ignore him. Yeah, I want the cops in my community to act like this Fortunately, they are pretty awesome and would never act the bully in cases like this. Yes choices have consequences but if you can't see how the cops went overboard then you have blinders on. And next what???

Old 12-18-2014, 10:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,042,481 times
Quote:
If You Were Choking A Person And They Said "I Can't Breath", What Would You Do?
I'd squeeze harder since my attempt at choking clearly wasn't working.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:22 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,056,257 times
Isn't the point of choking someone inhibiting their breathing?

Old 12-18-2014, 10:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,601,798 times
Are the 28 people who voted they would continue and choke harder....I can only assume you are being sarcastic.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:34 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,413,569 times
Quote:
Assuming:

- The person has no weapons.

- Five or six of you friends are with you.
Choke differently, tighten around windpipe, and suppress the windpipe. Your doing it wrong if they can talk/say "can't breathe"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies