Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 07:22 PM

779 posts, read 632,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
The other sinners aren't a highly organized, well connected and well funded interest group whose favorite recreational activity is denigrating and humiliating the majority religion. Thus, they are a bit less of a target for "discrimination," quote unquote.
So you believe that they are only calling them out because they have managed to become organized and change things in their favor?

A bunch of gay people are religious and specifically Christian so that statement isn't even close to true. Normally when I see debates about religion and homosexuality it is only humiliating to the religious person because they are tangling their beliefs up with how they should treat people and what rights to extend to them. It is humiliating to be called out as a bigot and hypocritical but when your behavior shows you to be that way it makes sense.

Their favorite recreational activity is probably hiking, hanging with friends and family, reading and the same thing as everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Maybe they just have anti-gay principles.
Out of their entire religious text you think the only thing that they disagree with wholeheartedly is someone being gay?

Old 12-14-2014, 07:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post

Out of their entire religious text you think the only thing that they disagree with wholeheartedly is someone being gay?
They might not serve known homicidal maniacs also. I don't know. All I know is how people practice their religion should be no business of mine or the state.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:25 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
My boyfriend and I went out to do Xmas shopping today. While we were out, we went to lunch at a family restaurant we'd never been to. We spent about $60 on just lunch.

I know plenty of gay couples who have great jobs and have lots of money to spend. Conservative business owners have made it abundantly obvious that they don't want our business. Do they hate money or are they just stupid?
Generalize a lot? How do you know that some of the restaurants you are welcomed at aren't owned by conservatives?

Old 12-14-2014, 07:32 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
My boyfriend and I went out to do Xmas shopping today. While we were out, we went to lunch at a family restaurant we'd never been to. We spent about $60 on just lunch.

I know plenty of gay couples who have great jobs and have lots of money to spend. Conservative business owners have made it abundantly obvious that they don't want our business. Do they hate money or are they just stupid?
Personally I don't have a problem with it. Not that I want that lifestyle for my two kids but I don't judge others....

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-14-2014 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: trolling

Old 12-14-2014, 07:35 PM

779 posts, read 632,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
They might not serve known homicidal maniacs also. I don't know. All I know is how people practice their religion should be no business of mine or the state.
You said "Maybe they just have anti-gay principles." so I asked you that question because I highly doubt it.

It becomes a business of the state if they openly discriminate against protected classes.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Generalize a lot? How do you know that some of the restaurants you are welcomed at aren't owned by conservatives?
Unlike many bigoted opinions, Conservatives like myself have gay kids.
There are actually many gay Conservatives.

This has nothing to do with conservative opinions.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:40 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,811 times
So the restaurant didn't give you hot chocolate with marshmallows, one straw of course, and now you're sad?

Old 12-14-2014, 08:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
wow rosie, you need to think past your sexual preference. Most people and yes including conservatives don't give a damn who you go into the bedroom with. Stop trying to make something of nothing. Get a life because you really do need something else to talk about.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
So.....what's this an epidemic or something. Making up fake hate crimes in your mind ? Send your story to Rolling Stone magazine, they might print it Seriously though.....most Americans don't care what you do in your personal life. Stop listening to the "professional agitators".
Making up fake hate crimes? Where did I say there was hate crime?

All I'm saying is conservatives have made it abundantly clear they hate gay people. Since conservatives don't want to do business with gay people, they either hate money or have a stupid business strategy. Just thinking out loud.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:57 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Making up fake hate crimes? Where did I say there was hate crime?

All I'm saying is conservatives have made it abundantly clear they hate gay people. Since conservatives don't want to do business with gay people, they either hate money or have a stupid business strategy. Just thinking out loud.
You are projecting images from the media & the culture & saying ALL conservatives hate your lifestyle....you don't see any problem with that ? You made it sound like in your first post that something happened when you went to a new place to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies