Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 03:02 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
That is just short hand
With Mormonism is the nature of Christ as it is with JWs and INC.
Mormons believe that Christ is God. Jehovah's Witnesses don't.

Quote:
But it includes groups like Oneness Pentecostals into the cult listed faiths
A cult is nothing more than the church down the street from yours that you don't like. It's an ugly word, and it says more about the person using it than it does about those it's directed towards. But hey, if it floats your boat to call Mormons a cult, knock yourself out. As Mother Teresa once said, "For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway." That's pretty much sums up my attitude towards people who call my religion a cult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 03:06 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
I'm pretty sure most of the Democratic Party are Christian Leftist. The difference is they have atheist with loud mouth pieces always looking to hijack the platform.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:09 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Romans 5:20
The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,
or KJB --Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

And we are talking about? _ the saved or non-? should we mock GOD no- and the dead know nothing!- He is very long suffering- and I can tell you this- I have made a lot of mistakes in my life- maybe you are perfect? and He always has loved me, me blessed me beyond measure, and kept me until I understood to do better- He is my Father! Do I reap sure- but I have seen the compassion of the Lord on many who aren't there yet--- you continue to hit people-with your Bible- I'll bake them cookies and help them when they need it-
God is a God of grace. Jesus can defeat all sin.
I am speaking about those who do not repent and continue to sin and believe that grace will cover their sinful nature with no repentance . Those that seek righteousness though the word of God will be changed and overcome sin. Not right away. The new babe in Christ will fall such as a baby learns how to walk. But as they put on the new man , they will walk and become more Christlike as they feed the new nature. Did not Christ say , those seeds of the new nature. Some will fall into stoney ground and not take root.Some will get entangled into the world and will take out the seeds that God has planted the word in their hearts.
We must preach the whole word .

Those that are born of the spirit of God , the word will fall on fertile ground and grow. Did not Jesus teach us that?

Jesus commanded us to walk in Christ, to put on holiness. We as young Christians will have the old nature and the new nature of God. Those that feed the new nature will war against the old nature through the Holy Spirit in us as Paul spoke of. That is the grace the the Lord has bestowed to us. Grace is there yes, but this is for the transformation into the new nature. God is a Good God and loves all of us even when we are sinners. We are as filthy rags compared to God. His mercy is there for those who struggle with their sinful nature , as they strive to put on holiness and become Christlike.

If there is no change in a man no repentance , if they continue to sin and no war of the new nature or the old nature takes place, then the old nature will stay. Grace if not there for those who love sin and say they love God too. That grace is there for those who repent but continue to fall short as the old nature is replaced by the new. This is a slow transformation and sin is no longer the slave master as Christ himself will forgive all sin and the Holy Spirit will defeat all sin if we keep feeding the new nature. Man cannot serve both God and sin. Grace is there for the transformation into God's kingdom.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:39 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are murdering the scriptures.. since when does God murder anyone because they are wealthy? God can bless someone monetarily. The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof. God does not hate the wealthy. He hates the greedy spirit in man who gets their gain with sinful ways such as cheating, lying and stealing it. It is not money that is evil. It is the LOVE of money that is evil.. this wrongful love will create a greedy spirit in man.
Pretty sure there was at least one parable about a rich guy going to Hell while the poor man goes to Heaven. And in Acts of the Apostles, a couple hiding money from the commune is straight-up struck dead for the crime of not consenting to egalitarian redistribution.

If you think Jesus' message was anything other than, "rich people don't go to heaven, unless they give all their wealth to the poor", you aren't reading the Bible. All rich people go to Hell.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Pretty sure there was at least one parable about a rich guy going to Hell while the poor man goes to Heaven. And in Acts of the Apostles, a couple hiding money from the commune is straight-up struck dead for the crime of not consenting to egalitarian redistribution.

If you think Jesus' message was anything other than, "rich people don't go to heaven, unless they give all their wealth to the poor", you aren't reading the Bible. All rich people go to Hell.
So what is rich? When is someone considered rich so they will go to hell? God blesses those who work hard. Read about the fellow who hid his masters money in the ground instead of earning interest on it.. or putting the money to work so there is increase. God blessed those who got more gain.

The rich man who spoke to Jesus , Jesus knew he loved his money more than God. Those who love money and say they have no need of God... this is this generation.. they do not trust God to take care of them. They trust money.

The government has become their god and they have no need to follow Jesus.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:11 PM

The land that was sold was owned by Ananias and Sapphira... they lied to God that they gave all the money from the sale of the property.. It was their money and they could have kept it all, but they lied and said they gave all. They were struck dead for lying to the Holy Spirit.

5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.
3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.
7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”
“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”
9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”
10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:29 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Why did you make this about Islam? Is it really so hard to admit that the Christian faith has problems than whenever someone points it out we have to resort to 'they do it too!'
This is about the left and the left tends to give money to people who do harm to others. As of today we are at war in Iraq, many Christians are being killed for non-conversion to Islam and the left thinks $$$ will help them understand us better. When President Obama said, "America is not only a Christian Nation" this put responsibility into every religions hands to bring good. Yet, who do most rely on to get the job done? Christians happen to be the most giving, as we can see it can be in a good way or naive way.
Quote:
Anyway, many men kill for their faith when converted to Islam. How many? Or better, where does this happen? In the US? In Europe? In Canada? I have no objection that plenty kill for their newly found faith in the Middle East or parts of Africa, but what do you expect?
For your viewing pleasure........are you on vacation too much to know this
USA: Okla. man beheads woman during workplace fight after being fired - NY Daily News
Two Beheadings In America - Muslim Charged - Freedom Outpost

UK:UK Muslim: There Will Be More Beheadings On The Streets Of Britain | MidnightWatcher's Blogspot

Canada:Canada mosque teaches 4-year-olds how to behead
It’s a Shiite school, and it’s commemorating one of the great tragedies in Islamic history, which is the slaughter of the Prophet Muhammad’s family by the caliphate of the time,” said Fatah, who added that he watched these plays when he was a boy growing up in Pakistan.

“The children really go out to participate,” he explained. “Looking at it from a Canadian context, I was deeply disturbed because it means that the indoctrination of 3, 4-year-olds that has been going on for centuries – and which even I as a child in Pakistan thought it to be perfectly normal – how much damage it would do in desensitizing me or my friends or buddies who are now in their 60s as to what is ‘martyrdom’ and why would anyone wish death was a good thing.”

Fatah, who is also founder of the Muslim Canadian Congress, said the play depicts “an immense tragedy that turned the events of Islamic history.”

“Mind you, this happened in the same area that ISIS is conducting the Islamic beheadings, the tragedy which these kids are talking about,” he said. “

Fatah said he doesn’t believe the parents and teachers at the Islamic Jaffari Center were “trying to make the kids into radicals.”

“After all, these are the victims of radicals,” he said. “Most Shiite Muslims today are being slaughtered by fellow Muslims. So that context has to be there. This was not some ISIS or al-Qaida or Taliban type of people.”

Quote:
The most dangerous groups of Islam NEED followers to survive. They're the most vocal evangelists; at least in that part of the world. How one acts once converted to any religion is based on who has converted them. If Bin Laden got you to become a Muslim, they the chances of you murdering someone are quite high. But if Malcom X did it, you won't be doing much killing. Just like MLK would teach you to be a kind and rational Christian while Ray Comfort (look him up if you don't know who he is; he's not excessively famous but he's out there) would get you to be a close minded buffoon.
No, my good fortune in life was having 2 parents who taught me how to judge people that are on the loony side. Religion was never drilled into me, my mom had a hard time convincing us to commit to one particular church once we knew the rules.
One huge problem with Christianity IMO, it is not all one group of people with the same understanding, this may be what makes Christianity so confusing for some people.

Quote:
The issue with most evangelism is that it's not about the person their converting. They need supporters to thrive. They SAY it's about saving the person's soul. But of course that's what they advertise. "We need your money!" doesn't sound nearly as good. The true Christians are the ones who will invite those in need to come to their church without twisting their arm to do it and show them nothing but kindness if and when they do come. Good Christians aren't out to find new members. They lead by example. Same with any other religion. If you need to CONVINCE people that your religion is the best thing for them, it's not the best thing for them.
I agree with you here........not much more to add.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:40 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Mormons believe that Christ is God. Jehovah's Witnesses don't.

A cult is nothing more than the church down the street from yours that you don't like. It's an ugly word, and it says more about the person using it than it does about those it's directed towards. But hey, if it floats your boat to call Mormons a cult, knock yourself out. As Mother Teresa once said, "For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway." That's pretty much sums up my attitude towards people who call my religion a cult.
I'm trying to stay out of theology, but it is the theology which cause Christian elders to label the LDS church s cult.It is not the thought that Mormons will drink kool aid on their president's orders. From the theologian the lay person hears cult and repeats the claim

Old 12-17-2014, 04:58 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I'm trying to stay out of theology, but it is the theology which cause Christian elders to label the LDS church s cult.It is not the thought that Mormons will drink kool aid on their president's orders. From the theologian the lay person hears cult and repeats the claim
Yup, that's how it works alright. Unfortunate.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:29 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yup, that's how it works alright. Unfortunate.
It is more like two too and to. You hear the same word but the message is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies