Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 03:12 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
"The reason this case blew up nationwide is because of so many witnesses going to social media and telling A story"
i actually saw right here on C-D when this was just starting to take off, a video of a guy who said it saw it and was saying "i dont know why that kid was trying to rush that cop" or some such.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:18 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's just it though. Normally the D.A. excludes questionable witnesses from the grand jury procedure right from the start. The prosecutors go in with their strongest evidence, against the accused, not the victim. It's usually done in a day. Throwing a bunch of garbage at the jurors was guaranteed to confuse them, and make it difficult for them to come to any sort of sound conclusion.
The DA should have recused himself or been booted off the case. He clearly did not believe Wilson violated the law, wanted no indictment, so invented his own way of conducting a GJ.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:30 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
"The reason this case blew up nationwide is because of so many witnesses going to social media and telling A story"
You were not there either.

Not all of the witnesses' accounts were that far off. Just as Wilson's account had to have been 'not that far off' from what actually happened.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:31 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I didn't know you were there.

The reason this case blew up nationwide is because of so many witnesses going to social media and telling their story. Then the Police response to the protests, and finally the MSM covering the situation after being forced to by Indie news sites and social media outcry.

At least get your facts straight.
If it is on social media,who are we to question the veracity of the posting? It's all truth.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chupacabras/40527276405

¡madre de dios es el chupacabra!

Old 12-16-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The DA should have recused himself or been booted off the case. He clearly did not believe Wilson violated the law, wanted no indictment, so invented his own way of conducting a GJ.
This we agree on.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
If it is on social media,who are we to question the veracity of the posting? It's all truth.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chupacabras/40527276405

¡madre de dios es el chupacabra!
I don't think you understand

Old 12-16-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
bull. this was a non story. the media and our president who met with Al Sharpton god only knows how many times kept this stired up.

The facts are CLEAR. this was done to stirr up the community and make white folk distrust "violent blacks"

it was done to keep racial tension up. Mike Brown was a bad guy who did a bad thing and died because of it. but it was convienient and gave the powers that be ammo to stirr the pot.

They played on very real fears by black people. Blacks are stopped more often, shot more often and treated unfairly more often by the police. thats an absolute fact.

White people dont understand that unless they have spent time (i mean real time) with the people who are in that situation.

But whites are going to look at a shooting differently. Obama and the team know that. In this case there was no way most white people were going to buy that Brown was gunned down by a racist cop. But when the president and the ATTY GEN speak... well black people are going to listen. add Al Sharpton to the mix and its a powerder keg.
Listen.

I don't know what any of that has to do with the case. The facts.

If you want to complain about the whame stream media or how the other party is screwing you this isn't the thread.

I saw it with my own eyes. I don't need you to tell me why it happened.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:12 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,237 times
Quote:
And your acting like the GJ is an end all, be all to what actually happened.

With that reasoning you think OJ is innocent and that Casey Anthony should go free.

How about you build an argument for yourself instead of cherry picking others. What do YOU think happened at the car since your so sure that you know every detail.
Don't look now but jury's in our justice system are the end all and be all. You got a better system?
What I think happened at that car is what the officer said happened. There is no evidence to dispute it. You seem to think the officer was able to come up with a lie that was completely consistent with the physical evidence, before the forensic report was released.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Don't look now but jury's in our justice system are the end all and be all. You got a better system?
What I think happened at that car is what the officer said happened. There is no evidence to dispute it. You seem to think the officer was able to come up with a lie that was completely consistent with the physical evidence, before the forensic report was released.
That statement right there. I'm going to hold you to it.

Your making a claim that you believe the officer's story 100%. AND that forensic evidence supports it. As well as physical evidence.

I'll hold you to it. I'll prove that point. Right after I get my pizza. (seriously)

Old 12-16-2014, 05:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
That statement right there. I'm going to hold you to it.

Your making a claim that you believe the officer's story 100%. AND that forensic evidence supports it. As well as physical evidence.

I'll hold you to it. I'll prove that point. Right after I get my pizza. (seriously)

Gtown, let me ask you a question?

Why are you so certain that Wilson is lying when NONE of the physical evidence contradicts any part of his story?

Notice I'm not saying the physical evidence "proves beyond all doubt" that Wilson's story is true, but none of his testimony is contradicted by evidence and almost all of it is supported by physical evidence.

Why is that?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies