Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 01:20 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As the RSVPs in advance of the rally grew to over 6,000, the police - most who probably detest I-594 - decided not to enforce the law. The Washington State Patrol announced there would be no arrests for exchanging guns - not even for selling guns. Seim refused to obtain a permit to hold the rally, citing the right of people to peaceably assemble.
Wow. Another victory. I need to celebrate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 01:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I am a gun owner but would never do that; I believe in the rule of law to much. One can anyone protest others ignoring the law when you do the same thing violence or not. Work to change but do not violate the law. its basics of civilization breaking down.
Actually, an abundance of bad law's passing is the breakdown of society. These political zealots are passing legislation based on personal ideology rather than the Constitution (both state and federal). Politicians gave themselves the luxury of not being held accountable for their actions... how convenient!

The laws need to be changed so that politicians can be held accountable for bad laws they pass, and liable for unintended consequences. After all, they are the protectors of the peoples trust.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
They can protest all they want, but one would hope they paid their citations for breaking the law. Protesting doesn't mean people are immune to being fined. In Portland a protester was fined for getting hit by a car.
I'm just saying... you don't poke a hornets nest with a stick, unless you enjoy pain.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm just saying... you don't poke a hornets nest with a stick, unless you enjoy pain.
As in more peaceful protesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies