U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:08 PM

991 posts, read 537,143 times

Advertisements

This makes me feel all 'tingly' inside!
Not unlike Sissy Matthews and his 'tingle' up the leg thingy!
A Must read to get the whole tingle!

Quote:
Fed up with the passage of an 18½-page incoherent, rambling, unconstitutional gun control initiative that was bankrolled by billionaires, gun owners across Washington state held the largest felony civil disobedience rally in the nation’s history, brazenly titled “I Will Not Comply.” No one was hurt and no stores were looted. Between 1,000 and 3,000 lawful gun owners showed up openly armed at the state capitol in Olympia, Wash., on Saturday to defy the newly passed gun control law, I-594.

Organizer Gavin Seim made the extraordinary nature of the rally very clear, "This isn’t just a protest. We are here to openly violate the law." Attendees publicly transferred their guns to each other in violation of I-591’s background check provisions, and some even bought and sold guns just a few feet away from law enforcement. A fire pit blazed throughout the rally, and at the conclusion, gun owners lined up to burn their concealed weapons permits. A petition was circulated affirming gun owners’ refusal to follow I-594, which ended with, “We pledge our blood. We will not comply.”

As the RSVPs in advance of the rally grew to over 6,000, the police - most who probably detest I-594 - decided not to enforce the law. The Washington State Patrol announced there would be no arrests for exchanging guns - not even for selling guns. Seim refused to obtain a permit to hold the rally, citing the right of people to peaceably assemble.
Over 1,000 Gun Owners Violate Washington
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 02:12 PM

32,951 posts, read 20,141,756 times
Eveen in WA there are people that remember what liberty was like.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:15 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,484,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post

Need to make the new law backfire even further...need to start more swap meets and gun shows....need to amp up legal sales by say, 500%. That would be the last time some politician comes up with a new gun law.....make it backfire....bigtime.....congrats...can't believe they let it go!

Old 12-15-2014, 02:15 PM

10,193 posts, read 6,946,255 times
Damn good show.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:23 PM

18,178 posts, read 12,983,197 times
Thought OP meant Washington DC and suspected the violation was a 1,000 gun owners holding up pictures of guns.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:03 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post

I wonder how many liberals will be angry at civil disobedience?

Old 12-15-2014, 08:12 PM

16,198 posts, read 19,212,349 times
Glad to see that the momentum hasn't settled with the pro-gun stance that the public has been showing for the last couple of decades. I think that we're reaching a critical mass of people that understand that guns aren't the problem, and once that happens, it will be damn near impossible to get an anti-gun law passed.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:23 PM

46,038 posts, read 31,265,047 times
Quote:
Washington State Patrol Trooper Guy Gill said "we're not convinced that handing someone a gun is a violation of 594."

Gill said there are no plans to arrest people for exchanging guns or even selling weapons, but they could forward violations they see to prosecutors.

"Our Number 1 priority is to just make this a safe environment for people to express themselves," he said. "Most of these folks are responsible gun owners. We probably will not have an issue."
Sounds like the police had no issue with this protest, but that doesn't mean no one will receive a violation later for anything they have done.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:38 PM

18,387 posts, read 18,484,519 times
YAY, good for them, stand up to the wickedly corrupt and power-mad government.

Sadly, WA state, my home state, is on the pathway to becoming as lefty as CA......if not more so.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:43 PM

9,434 posts, read 6,305,491 times
Shocking, isn't it? A protest without riots, arson, assaults or looting and some wonder why the police response was different than other protests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or