Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 01:14 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I heard Putin's approval rating went up this morning.
That was only because Sarah Palin's alarm went off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 06:37 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
And you know this how?

Didn't you say you knew military history?

Certainly not Russian military history.
I know PLENTY about Russian military history - certainly enough to know that the ONLY major war against a significant foe the Russians have fought in the last 60+ years was a battering in Afghanistan so costly in terms of men, equipment, money and morale that it led to the bankrupting of the Soviet Union and the collapse of the Empire.

Prior to that the Soviets' only "victories" were against largely unarmed or lightly-arned civilians in places like Hungary and Czechoslavia.

Since the defeat in Afghanistan, Russians have been involved in several conflicts - all of them involving various sections of the former Soviet Union fighting each other (or more specifically fighting within those sections). NONE of them involved combat against a major foreign foe - not exactly a record to shout about.

Ken

Old 12-25-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The 'revolt' was a coup engineered by the State Department.

Western Ukraine wants to be in the EU. Eastern Ukraine doesn't.

That tingle you have for Obama makes you unable to process information.
Your first statement is utter bullsh*t.
At least you are right on your second statement - and that's for the UKRAINIANS to work out.
Your last statement is more ignorant bullsh*t. I'm apparently so "unable to process information" that I:
1) Called the bottom of the stock market crash
2) Called the bottom of the housing market and its' turnaround
3) Correctly predicted that the UE rate would fall below 6% before the end of this year when even many professionals were saying it wouldn't happen until sometime next year
4) Called the results of BOTH Presidential elections
5) Predicted that the wingnut attempt to defund Obamacare a year or so back would be an utter failure
6) Called the collapse of gold

How many of those did YOU call?
I've got a pretty good track record - and it's not because I "have a tingle for Obama". It's because I LOOK AT THE DATA - rather than basing my predictions on my political preferences or poltical dogma.

Data rules, dogma drools.

There is little evidence to support your claims that the coup was engineered by the State department or that major war between Russia and Western Europe is likely to happen. There will be NO war between Russia and the West - PERIOD. No ifs, ands or buts, and claims to the contrary are simply more wingnut drama queen nonsense of the same type you folks have been spouting off about for the last 6 years ("There will be hyperinflation, the dollar will collapse, Obama will take away our guns and declare himself 'President for Life'," etc, etc, etc). Such claims are just plain stooooopid and show a complete lack of both common sense and critical thinking skills.

Ken

Old 12-26-2014, 10:34 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
1) What does CHINA have do with it?
China's not all that buddy buddy with Russia anymore. We are a MUCH bigger/better trading partner with China than Russia can even dream of.

2) Russia didn't exactly show they "have a stomach to obsorb huge casualties" in Afghanistan. The Soviet Union obsorbed all those casualties in WWII because THEY HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. Hitler was going to exterminate the Soviets in the occupied territories and reduce the remaining back to the stone age (at least that was his plan). When faced with that kind of fate, you have no choice but to take whatever casualties you get.

3) What kind of scenario do you envision where Europe would "obsorb millions of casualties"? That just ISN'T going to happen. In typical wingnut fashion you are being a drama queen again - just as you folks did when you folks claimed that the U.S. dollar was going to collapse, there would be hyperinflation, food riots in the street, Obama would take all your guns and declare himself president for life, black helicoptors would bring in U.N. troops to take over the U.S. - and any manner of other really stupid wackadoodle claims. Your posts here are no different, they are just utter nonsense that have no relationship to reality whatsoever.

I swear, wingnuts are such cowards - afraid of EVERYTHING, no matter how lunatic or insane the claims ideas may be.

Ken
The fact that you cannot debate this topic without resorting to the cowardly act of name calling and hiding behind your keyboard to make rude statements you would not have the courage to say to someone's face shows your true character.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The fact that you cannot debate this topic without resorting to the cowardly act of name calling and hiding behind your keyboard to make rude statements you would not have the courage to say to someone's face shows your true character.
LOL In other words, you have no valid reply.
The fact is, your arguments do not reflect reality in any way, shape, or form. That's why all those outlandish wingnut predictions made over the last few years failed to materialize - and why your predictions THIS TIME will fail to materialize as well. You cannot make accurate predictions when you have an inacurrate view of the world - and the wingnut view of the world is wildly inaccurate. That's why you folks can never seem to correctly predict much of ANYTHING.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies