Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 09:35 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times

Advertisements

Stand out or Assimilate?? Christopher I believe you did well.. as for those wanting to stand out and then P&M about people picking on them in some form or another? You asked for it you got it..

Old 12-18-2014, 09:58 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He changed his name to "Christopher" as though this will make him appear to be less asian or something. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Which is why they're called the "Model Minority" in this country, which is also ironic in itself.
Hateful and unnecessary.

For posters who complain about the term "African American Community" which is such a common term that it is literally a page on the Whitehouse website about Obama and his relationship with said community, you single out a poster and mock him for his race? Seriously?!!

Old 12-18-2014, 10:11 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Hateful and unnecessary.

For posters who complain about the term "African American Community" which is such a common term that it is literally a page on the Whitehouse website about Obama and his relationship with said community, you single out a poster and mock him for his race? Seriously?!!
Stop it. Just STOP trying to create controversy where there is none.

"Christopher" is the one that insulted black people FIRST by describing that non-traditional names that "some" black people name their children as "crackhead". Really?? This was EXTREMELY racist, but no one called him on it.

Oh yeah, he said the first words that blacks learn can be either english or "ebonics", but yet, I see you didn't find anything wrong with this either:

Quote:
In my view, by your definition of privileged, you are privileged too. You are an american by birth. The first word out of your mouth is in English or Ebonic, (doesn't matter to me), your name is in written in English. Whether its a normal name or some crackhead name like Shaqueda, Tamiko or LeDaron or Tekwon. Is still English ( I didn't make up those names).
He also changed his vietnamese name to something more "american" to be "accepted" here as though the people he's trying to impress would view him as less Asian or more "american". To a RACIST it wouldn't matter. They will continue to pre-judge him regardless of what his name is.

He basically insulted the entire black population with stereotypes, but YET, it's amazing that you can find one or two sentences from the people he INSULTED to try and say we're "mocking" him.

The black posters didn't call him a racist for the assinine things he said or how he "mocked" us.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:17 AM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:

"Christopher" is the one that insulted black people FIRST by describing that non-traditional names that "some" black people name their children as "crackhead". Really?? This was EXTREMELY racist, but no one called him on it.

Oh yeah, he said the first words that blacks learn can be either english or "ebonics", but yet, I see you didn't find anything wrong with this either:

He also changed his vietnamese name to something more "american" to be "accepted" here as though the people he's trying to impress would view him as less Asian or more "american". To a RACIST it wouldn't matter. They will continue to pre-judge him regardless of what his name is.

He basically insulted the entire black population with stereotypes, but YET, it's amazing that you can find one or two sentences from the people he INSULTED to try and say we're "mocking" him.

The black posters didn't call him a racist for the asinine things he said or how he "mocked" us.
I'm trying to remain as mute as I can, but I can't help but to agree with this...

Old 12-18-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:

The black posters didn't call him a racist for the assinine things he said or how he "mocked" us.
My first reaction to your first paragraph was to laugh, seriously. Pot/kettle. Thanks, that was rich.

Christopher also said that no one could pronounce his name which is very believable and that he was mocked as a young immigrant. Many people appreciated his story. I'm sure you know many immigrants. I used to have clients that were predominantly immigrant and almost al of them had "American" names that they went by although accounts were set up in their native names. They knew it just made life easier. To continue to mock him for changing his name is petty. Carry on.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
My first reaction to your first paragraph was to laugh, seriously. Pot/kettle. Thanks, that was rich.

Christopher also said that no one could pronounce his name which is very believable and that he was mocked as a young immigrant. Many people appreciated his story. I'm sure you know many immigrants. I used to have clients that were predominantly immigrant and almost al of them had "American" names that they went by although accounts were set up in their native names. They knew it just made life easier. To continue to mock him for changing his name is petty. Carry on.
What about his insults regarding black people that we didn't call him on?

You still haven't acknowledged what he said about us speaking "ebonics" as our first language or that non-traditional names some black families name their children as "crackhead" names.

How does he know the parents are crackheads? Why does he assume that all blacks speak ebonics??

In his own words, he's been in this country for over 20 years, but yet, he's insulted an entire ethnic group and YOU say NOTHING about it. Why?

All of the black posters who responded back to him didn't blast him, but YOU felt the need to blast the two of us for saying what is basically the truth. He changed his name for "assimilation" purposes and to appear less asian. At least that's what HE thinks.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
What about his insults regarding black people that we didn't call him on?

You still haven't acknowledged what he said about us speaking "ebonics" as our first language or that non-traditional names some black families name their children as "crackhead" names.

How does he know the parents are crackheads? Why does he assume that all blacks speak ebonics??

In his own words, he's been in this country for over 20 years, but yet, he's insulted an entire ethnic group and YOU say NOTHING about it. Why?
Then report him. That was rude and uncalled for but I see you repeatedly mocking him for changing his name. I'm glad I don't know people this petty irl because it is tiring. Saying something to Chris will accomplish nothing as he clearly said he was not participating in this thread any more. Carry on.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Then report him. I just see you mocking him for changing his name. I'm glad I don't know people this petty irl because it is tiring. Saying something to Chris will accomplish nothing as he clearly said he was not participating in this thread any more. Carry on.
I have no intention of reporting him. It wasn't a big deal to me. If it was, I would have called him out on it myself, but I didn't.

But it's amazing how you're saying what I'm saying is "petty", but you have absolutely nothing to say in regards to the blatant racist insults he directed at black people with the ebonics as our "first language" and the so-called "crackhead" names he mentioned.

Talk about freaking double standards.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:46 AM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
I have no intention of reporting him. It wasn't a big deal to me. If it was, I would have called him out on it myself, but I didn't.

But it's amazing how you're saying what I'm saying is "petty", but you have absolutely nothing to say in regards to the blatant racist insults he directed at black people with the ebonics as our "first language" and the so-called "crackhead" names he mentioned.

Talk about freaking double standards.
Is Boomhower's dialect "white's" first language? (Obviously not, but this is how easily the racist script can be flipped.) It's ridiculous to assume we all speak ebonics.

In addition, a large percentage of "English" names in this country are not English at all.
The sheer amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Is Boomhower's dialect "white's" first language? (Obviously not, but this is how easily the racist script can be flipped.) It's ridiculous to assume we all speak ebonics.

In addition, a large percentage of "English" names in this country are not English at all.
The sheer amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding.
Could not agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies