Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 09:45 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Here we go with this "whitey" term again.

You really need to stop watching those 1970s blaxploitation movies when learning about "black culture".

The "reverse victimization" is pathetic. Stop it. It's embarrassing.
No, the whole debate is now pathetic. Everyone is getting tired of the race issue. You guys can call us racist all day long, we don't care anymore. You have overused the term and used it in the wrong context, thus wearing it out. Sure there is plenty of racism going on and its wrong. But you've called things racist that aren't racist too loud and too often. And I don't know what movies your talking about but down here the word whitey is definitely still being thrown around.....

Old 12-16-2014, 09:48 AM

17,202 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
No, the whole debate is now pathetic. Everyone is getting tired of the race issue. You guys can call us racist all day long, we don't care anymore. You have overused the term and used it in the wrong context, thus wearing it out. Sure there is plenty of racism going on and its wrong. But you've called things racist that aren't racist too loud and too often. And I don't know what movies your talking about but down here the word whitey is definitely still being thrown around.....

I have to agree with the bold statement... It's annoying.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:53 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
I am African American, and I agree w/the OP and ATG5.

My interests and concerns may coincide with other African Americans (or blacks, in general). But by no means do I consider us to be one collective "community." We are not one entity with one thought, one mind, one soul, one purpose.

My community consists of the people around me and our collective rights and interests...These include blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, and just about everyone else. It can and never will be completely inclusive of just skin color.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:04 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Everything that I've said was "racism" IS racist, in addition to being ignorant and offensive.

If there is no central "white community", then there isn't one for blacks either.

Again, haven't heard ANYONE refer to whites as "whitey" in MY lifetime. I only read hear the stupid term on THIS site.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:07 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times
Quote:
Everything that I've said was "racism" IS racist, in addition to being ignorant and offensive.

If there is no central "white community", then there isn't one for blacks either.

Again, haven't heard ANYONE refer to whites as "whitey" in MY lifetime. I only read hear the stupid term on THIS site.
Where do you live? Its regional. And I don't use it, I get called it. Last time was while filling up my gas tank about a month ago, a car drove by and a guy yelled it out of his window along with some other drivel.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:10 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh, you didn't know?

Each individual black person, such as you and me are supposed to control the actions and attitudes of the 40 million African Americans in this country. Whether it's a race baiter like Sharpton or whether it's a young thug (some races' new favorite word to describe blacks) knocking off a liquor store for some cigs, we, as the African American Community, are held responsible for each and every one of their actions! All 40 million. We must be held accountable if we want other races to stop stereotyping us based on events that we had nothing to do with, no influence over or have nothing in common other than checking the same box for "race" on any given form.

Of course, this doesn't apply to certain races, even in the event of, let's say, a guy goes on a killing spree and murders 6 people.

Because in situations like that, it's never about the race or considered domestic terrorism.

No sir, it's:

1) Mental illness (PTSD, Aspergers, etc)
2) Individual problem (that guy was just crazy)
3) Societal problem (stricter/more lax gun laws)

But throw a turban on his head and give him a long black beard and then bam - it's an Islam/Muslim problem.

'Murica.
I could not agree more. The main reason I mostly avoid this and the politics and other controversy forum is I get sick and tired of the ignorant generalizations. It gets tiresome. No matter what the situation is, it's a guarantee that someone will bring up Sharpton or Jackson or blame Obama somehow. Where was I when Sharpton and Jackson were appointed spokesmen for the entire black race? I must have missed it.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Where do you live? Its regional. And I don't use it, I get called it. Last time was while filling up my gas tank about a month ago, a car drove by and a guy yelled it out of his window along with some other drivel.
I live in NYC and I also lived in Los Angeles for several years and never heard the blacks there refer to whites as "whitey" either. We don't call whites anything, but "whites". That's it.

Maybe "whitey" and "crackas" are southern racist stereotypes, because I've never heard them in real life.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:11 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
Quote:

I've never, ever heard this, either. Of the people I do hear use it, it's usually whites (when referencing what they state people of color say about them). Perhaps it is regional?

Old 12-16-2014, 10:17 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
I live in NYC and I also lived in Los Angeles for several years and never heard the blacks there refer to whites as "whitey" either. We don't call whites anything, but "whites". That's it.

Maybe "whitey" and "crackas" are southern racist stereotypes, because I've never heard them in real life.
Same, I live in NYC too & I've never heard such terms. Ironically enough the only people I see using those terms are Whites when they try to make a point about how racist or when they give "advice" to the "Black Community" lol

I wonder if thatguydownsouth has posters of Reverend Al and Jesse hanging over his bed too...

Old 12-16-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
I could not agree more. The main reason I mostly avoid this and the politics and other controversy forum is I get sick and tired of the ignorant generalizations. It gets tiresome. No matter what the situation is, it's a guarantee that someone will bring up Sharpton or Jackson or blame Obama somehow. Where was I when Sharpton and Jackson were appointed spokesmen for the entire black race? I must have missed it.

I noticed it moreso in the NYC forum than anywhere else. Anytime a black criminal would do something, all of the black neighborhoods in NYC were "responsible" for it. Of course they said the "black community", but in NYC, there are various black ethnicities, so WHICH black "community" are you referring to?

Is it the caribbean community? The African community? The European Black Community? Or is the BLACK AMERICAN community responsible for ALL the black "communities" regardless of whether or not we share an ethnic or cultural bond??

Oh yeah, Sharpton's and Jackson's name would be mentioned constantly as well.

It's stupid and always has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies