Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 09:31 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,129,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
? perpetuate what lie? You are arguing the facts now?

And you do understand that a small percentage of black folk commit these crimes. I didnt say 80 percent of black people commit crimes. You do understand that right?
Well, the facts are that 80% of violent crimes aren't perpetuated by black people. Using arrests as a proxy, it's 38%. That's rather a lot considering the number of black people but it's a far cry from this 80% "fact."

Old 12-16-2014, 09:35 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Well, the facts are that 80% of violent crimes aren't perpetuated by black people. Using arrests as a proxy, it's 38%. That's rather a lot considering the number of black people but it's a far cry from this 80% "fact."
38 percent? LOL. Ok ... I will check my number as it may include hispanic. But 38 percent arrest rate? cmon..can you show me where you got that number?

Regardless..look I dont want to get into a pissing match about it. All i was trying to say was there are many good hard working people of all races and they succeed. White privilege is becoming a thing of the past and is an excuse for all the people who dont want to put forth the effort..

Old 12-16-2014, 09:38 PM

Yup.

FBI — Table 43

Old 12-16-2014, 09:44 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Here's the last figures I can find available from the FBI by race for comparison. By percentage the number are without a doubt high for people of color. It just can't be called into question. But all reasoning people know that a great deal of the crime is committed by a small percentage of any group. I don't know whether it tends to stay approximately the same percentage across the races.

FBI — Table 43

Old 12-16-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Thanks ok..that is a good post. Still shows abnormally high percentages for 13 percent of the population as you said though. I think my number included all other races.

As an fyi..I did look up the number I quoted and I was mistaken. That number is the percent of interracial crime. Over 80 percent is black on white . Under 20 percent White on Black but that is not the same thing so I apologize for my erroneous numbers there.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Here's the last figures I can find available from the FBI by race for comparison. By percentage the number are without a doubt high for people of color. It just can't be called into question. But all reasoning people know that a great deal of the crime is committed by a small percentage of any group. I don't know whether it tends to stay approximately the same percentage across the races.

FBI — Table 43
Its a shame really. I bet if you took the bottom 10 percent out ..all races crime would drop ridiculously low. Sad there isnt a way to do it really.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
African American is some old term from the 50's. It isn't used anymore in the civilized US, but sadly a lot of the US isn't very civilized. I don't do the African American thing. If I did, I would expect to be called Celtic American. Such a silly thing really. If you are American, you are American. I don't give a crap about skin tone.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
African American is some old term from the 50's. It isn't used anymore in the civilized US, but sadly a lot of the US isn't very civilized. I don't do the African American thing. If I did, I would expect to be called Celtic American. Such a silly thing really. If you are American, you are American. I don't give a crap about skin tone.
Well, if you're outside the African American Community, it gets really confusing. Every few decades the SJWs decide they want some other term used. It's very difficult to explain here because evading the profanity filter is a violation. Wikipedia, which I assume I can link to, has brief explanation in an entry I'll link however. Basically, it's gone full circle. You used to call someone "A" because black was offensive. Then "A" and black were offensive so they invented African American. Now African American is considered offensive to some while black is offensive to others. It's all too much to keep track of. I use black because it's shorter and because "A" is, at least as far as I know, still more offensive than either black of African American. I've been corrected for using both black and African American, however, so I just don't let it bother me if someone gets their panties in a knot about it.

Wikipedia article that may be offensive to some

Old 12-17-2014, 03:24 AM

106 posts, read 140,932 times
Hello there, originally from Camden NJ, have heard and called just about everything one can imagine. I DO NOT CARE. I do my own thing, go my own way, live my life and to heck with the ignorant.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:24 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,857,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
As a black male, I am somewhat offended by that title. What the hell IS this "African American Community?"
Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et all DO NOT speak for me, nor do they represent what I stand for.
Am I alone in having an issue with this nonsensical generalization?
It is a wonderful place where Koreans, Arabs, and other non-Black folk can come in, set up shop, and we willingly give our hard earned cash to them. It is a place where we allow our sons to sell drugs and behave as terrorists. It is a place where we condone our daughter's unladylike behavior. In short, it is a place where dysfunction is rife. The African American community was NOT created in a vacuum. Said community exists for sociopolitical and economic reasons. Indeed, it is a MUST that Black people be backwards, dysfunctional, self-hating, etc. Our enemies benefit from our collective dysfunction.

That said, it is a place of opportunity. This crisis is an opportune time for us to take advantage of all of the smoke in the air.

We'd better become a community, real quick like. Only we, function as individuals. If we're smart, we will one day be a functional, special interest group. We won't vote as individuals for the Black candidate, or the democratic candidate. We will force the candidates/ parties to cater to our collective demands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies