Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:35 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I think they should be armed with two guns, just in case one fails.
Most of them are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 07:35 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smisk View Post
I was thinking about this recently too... As another poster mentioned, in Great Britain only certain police officers with special training carry firearms. However I'm not sure if this would be possible in the US with the easy availability of guns on the street.
Wow, ya think?

Old 12-16-2014, 07:39 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Should every poster have a dictionary and a grammar book?

Old 12-16-2014, 07:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post

Cops should be armed with revolvers. Since nationwide, cops miss their targets more than hit it this would lessen the chance of innocent Americans being hit.
And increase the chance that they don't get out of gangland alive. You volunteer first we'll be right behind you. How bout you start in furgeson.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:40 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The police need the proper tools. Maybe a whistle?

Simon says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bOQitInC84

Old 12-16-2014, 07:47 PM

348 posts, read 327,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Most of them are.
At least two handguns, sometimes three... a rifle and or a shotgun, OC spray, stun gun/ taser, ASP/ blackjack/ PR24/ nightstick, at least one tactical knife, sometimes three, radio, body armor.

Some are even more armed than that if they have a Kubaton or Stinger as well..... Stinger self defense article by Pete Kautz Alliance Martial Arts Comtech

Old 12-16-2014, 07:52 PM

348 posts, read 327,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson C. View Post
An unarmed Cop is not a Cop....he's a security guard or a hall monitor. Kind of like "Robotard" you see at the mall on his stupid motorized stand-up bike. When anything but Jr. High school age people are doing something they are always a day late and a dollar short. They're hiding until the smoke clears.....

They're good for scaring kids, woman and elderly.....that's about all. The 18+ MAN would punch 'em and knock them out with the first blow. Don't even get knives, firearms and blunt force weapons involved. The overconfident guy with the big mouth always dies first.
This clown has a radio and maybe if he is lucky OC spray. Don't forget the beat up Ford Explorer that is so carboned up it has no midrange or high speed capabilties due to years patrolling the mall parking lot.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:10 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
That and get them out of black areas. Since those white power freaks are intent on eradicating black people in this country.
Exactly the correct solution to the black genocide problem in America!

Black people have a right to have an all black police force while white areas should be forced to endure an all white police force in their area.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:39 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Exactly the correct solution to the black genocide problem in America!

Black people have a right to have an all black police force while white areas should be forced to endure an all white police force in their area.
Can you find enough black people that are ready, willing, and qualified to go to the Law Enforcement Academy and become police officers?
If so, GOOD, do it!
If not, then what?

Old 12-17-2014, 02:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
That and get them out of black areas. Since those white power freaks are intent on eradicating black people in this country.
I vote we pull police out of any area that doesn't want them.

Since I'm paying, probably more than my fair share for the police, let's keep them in my neighborhood, and armed. I don't mind increasing the number of bottled waters I hand to the local cops when they sometimes sit on my street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies