Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 06:03 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times

Advertisements

Anyone making blanket race statements is a racist. I'm not responsible for Adam Lanza and all blacks aren't responsible inner city gang violence.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:32 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
Seriously. When. When will all White Americans take the blame and responsibility for the actions of other people who, save for the pure coincidence that they are of the same ethnicity commit these atrocities in stunning numbers?
What is there, about one of these spree shootings every 18 months or so? Seems to me there's no shortage of media coverage & White outrage considering spree shootings account for maybe 1/100th of 1% of gun deaths in the country.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:55 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Seriously. When. When will all White Americans take the blame and responsibility for the actions of other people who, save for the pure coincidence that they are of the same ethnicity commit these atrocities in stunning numbers?
At least we don't rally for them.....

Old 12-18-2014, 09:40 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
i know personally I would thing people should stand against .00001% of firearm related deaths

Old 12-18-2014, 10:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Anyone making blanket race statements is a racist. I'm not responsible for Adam Lanza and all blacks aren't responsible inner city gang violence.

Smart poster you are, everyone is accountable for their own actions, and not the actions of others, that is for every single individual.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:33 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I'm in agreement with this.

Look at Adam Lanza, and how he murdered those innocent poor babies and innocent teachers in Newtown, CT, just over a year ago?

My God, watching the media coverage of this was one of the most disappointing things ever. A million excuses were made for him why he was the way he was, and why he did what he did. I recall one news report, once, which mentioned that there was hopes of examining his brain tissue to determine if there was some biological/genetic anomaly that could have made him do what he did.

I watched that, and said "WTF?!?!," and had several discusses with my coworkers and family members and friends of color.

Sadly, he is one of several examples throughout recent history. His sins seem to be covered up (or at least covered, to a certain extent) and my belief is that it is b/c he was white...This is nothing now.

Amongst the people of color in this country (I will broadly say, specifically blacks and Latinos), there's a general consensus that while many whites commit horrific mass crimes, they are somehow always humanized throughout their horrific deeds...whereas, those of us who are of color are continuously demonized when crimes are committed by us (and btw, we typically do not commit mass murders at the same frequency as whites, but rather isolated homicides). We are dehumanized over and over again.
Just a few days ago was the 1 year mark of the heart breaking and horrific massacre.

The difference, that most people see, is that AL was mentally ill.

There was no cover-up, you can't cover up that fact.

Society wants answers when someone, no matter the color of his skin, commits such a horrible crime. AL grew up in a nice home in a nice neighborhood, he was educated, etc. so the blame went to his mother, "mental health" and providing better care/monitoring/insurance for the mentally ill. That's NOT "normal" or expected.

But when a crime is committed by someone who is black, grew up without a father figure present, in a not so nice neighborhood (housing project/low income housing) and his single mother was too busy not paying attention to him so he joins a gang or just acts like a thug....it's the same old story time and time and time and time again. Nothing new to see there. Who bats an eyelash? That's "normal" and pretty much expected.

Why is that? Racism? Nope. Just the statistics complied over years and years and years and years of facts.

But then society at large is told (again) that "society" caused THAT issue for that black kid but what is really meant is that "white privilege" caused that black kid to be an idiot or a gang banger. Also caused his mother to get knocked up 7 times by 5 different men and all 5 "men" to end up in jail so mom can't collect support for her 7 kids. Excuses.

Also caused all of baby boy/girl his/her angst and it's a problem we all have to fix - as a society (focus on white people who are supposed to have some innate guilt for NOT perpetuating generational eff ups over and over and over again - and without "special programs" IN BOLD to "even the playing field"). Excuses.

Society (read: $$$$) over decades has yet to and obviously can't help people who live with a mind set of "I don't care; it's someone else's fault" and who are good with blaming everyone else but themselves for where they are, who they are, what they end up being or doing. No matter the color of their skin.

Excuses come in all colors.

Last edited by Informed Info; 12-18-2014 at 10:44 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 07:48 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
At least we don't rally for them.....
Or burn down businesses and attack innocent people.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:04 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Or burn down businesses and attack innocent people.
Seriously?

(See the South pre-1964)

Get out of here with that nonsense!

Old 12-19-2014, 08:28 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Pre 1964!

Old 12-19-2014, 08:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Seriously?

(See the South pre-1964)

Get out of here with that nonsense!
UMMMM, wake up we are NOT pre-1964. Maybe, this is the problem with some people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Pre 1964!
Guess we can see why some are not moving forward......after all valet parkers are now to be referred as the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies