Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 06:01 AM

46,222 posts, read 26,988,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not that you addressed much of anything I said but I've had to cover this over and over also and in every case the person retreated on this position.

So Rosa Parks should have simply complied and found her seat at the back of the bus?

Those filming police officers on the street when told to stop filming should have just stopped filming even though court after court has ruled they are permitted to film an officer while doing his job in public?

Rosa Parks was arrested 30+ other times...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 06:02 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,401,836 times
Quote:
Not that you addressed much of anything I said but I've had to cover this over and over also and in every case the person retreated on this position.

So Rosa Parks should have simply complied and found her seat at the back of the bus?

Those filming police officers on the street when told to stop filming should have just stopped filming even though court after court has ruled they are permitted to film an officer while doing his job in public?

You're making a comparison between Rosa Parks and a guy arrested 34 times. Cool story.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:02 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You're making too much sense, which is something that we can't expect from all on these issues. When the other poster mentioned that the officer wasn't justified being "choked to death" (firstly, Garner wasn't choked to death) over loose cigs, s/he shows that s/he doesn't have a grasp on the legal issues at hand.
We will note.....you were too cowardly to actually address me or any of my points so you decided to put on a little outfit and just be a cheerleader.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You're making a comparison between Rosa Parks and a guy arrested 34 times. Cool story.
I made two points. You addressed one and the Parks example addresses the position of "just do what you are told".

Those who say that (like yourself perhaps it would seem) don't actually believe that. You are afraid to state what you are actually thinking.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:06 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Don't throw the truth at lefties......it's not how they operate.
The truth is these " so-called civil rights activists" referred to by the OP DO NOT represent the Left but the truth is rarely if ever of concern to the righties who just enjoy baseless whining, eh?

Old 12-17-2014, 06:08 AM

30,566 posts, read 18,069,396 times
Quote:
We will note.....you were too cowardly to actually address me or any of my points so you decided to put on a little outfit and just be a cheerleader.
So sprites the one who ignored everything I posted in my original post; you've yet to adequately respond to that, yet continue to spew double stranded based nonsense. By the way, I directly addressed your first post in this thread. Cheers.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:10 AM

30,566 posts, read 18,069,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
That fact that any of these posters would link what happened on Staten Island to Rose Parks is a disgrace and shows just how low they will stoop in their efforts to divide the races and pushed a false, racialized narrative.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So sprites the one who ignored everything I posted in my original post; you've yet to adequately respond to that, yet continue to spew double stranded based nonsense. By the way, I directly addressed your first post in this thread. Cheers.
I responded to your post. You didn't address any of it.

You didn't address my post.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Rosa Parks was arrested 30+ other times...
Its funny how people do not even understand the flaws in their own argument. The argument wasn't that Garner should have complied. The argument was that everyone should comply.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:33 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What an excellently written excuse for the status quo within which right-wingers get to ignore the racism still institutionalized in society.
About as ignorant a statement as Nancy Pelosi's, "We can find out what is in it....."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies