Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 09:31 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's way overdue. My local Repug Congressman took to the airwaves saying he was wondering "what the world will think of us" for doing this, also saying that we should not have pulled out of Iraq or launched an investigation into the CIA torturing prisoners.

It truly spoke to how out of touch with reality Republicans have become.

LMAO!!! Out of touch? Republicans have the house, senate and the majority of the governorships in the nation. Yeah, they are out of touch?

Yeah lets put on trial the professionals in the CIA who are assigned the responsibility of the security and defense of our country and give our enemies an advantage.....you lefties liberals are clueless with your blame America doctrine. That train is never late with liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 09:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I already do share much of my "personal property" with my friends so that would not be a great change. However, I do not share with my enemies.

As far as our CIA is concerned I think we could learn a lot more just by reading our enemies newspapers. It is better to know your enemies and perhaps become engaged in mutual trade. Then, if they are still enemies, you can kill them without regret.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:43 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
50 years of boycotting hasn't worked. Time to try something different.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:45 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
LMAO!!! Out of touch? Republicans have the house, senate and the majority of the governorships in the nation. Yeah, they are out of touch?

Yeah lets put on trial the professionals in the CIA who are assigned the responsibility of the security and defense of our country and give our enemies an advantage.....you lefties liberals are clueless with your blame America doctrine. That train is never late with liberals.
Americans are also the least educated and most ignorant amongst developed nations, and you can thank the GOP for that, it is entirely by design.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
50 years of boycotting hasn't worked. Time to try something different.

you tell us, how do you deal with a totalitarian government? and explain that to the million Cuban-Americans in the U.S. that lost everything and rights were violated because of this totalitarian government.

forgive and forget, right? lol.....no formal apology? no reparations?

by the way the boycott works, it has prevented other Latin Republics in taking the same route as Castro and it prevented communism in taking control in South and Central America. It weaken Castro's regime in spreading his totalitarian revolution to other Latin countries.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
you tell us, how do you deal with a totalitarian government? and explain that to the million Cuban-Americans in the U.S. that lost everything and rights were violated because of this totalitarian government.

forgive and forget, right? lol.....no formal apology? no reparations?
There are totalitarian governments all over the world. We deal with them, have dealt with them and have even supported them militarily. What makes Cuba so different?

Old 12-20-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
There are totalitarian governments all over the world. We deal with them, have dealt with them and have even supported them militarily. What makes Cuba so different?

we deal with totalitarian governments when there is a bigger picture involved in the region. Like the war on terror or to defeat an enemy.

tell me what benefit the U.S. gets to open relations with Castro? can you tell me the benefits? cheap labor?

Old 12-20-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
we deal with totalitarian governments when there is a bigger picture involved in the region. Like the war on terror or to defeat an enemy.

tell me what benefit the U.S. gets to open relations with Castro? can you tell me the benefits? cheap labor?
What are the benefits of the boycott?

Old 12-20-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Americans are also the least educated and most ignorant amongst developed nations, and you can thank the GOP for that, it is entirely by design.

feel sorry for you that you view the U.S.A and Americans in a negative and low matter....you can always move. Wouldn't want you living in a nation full of low educated and ignorant people with your high I.Q. and high intelligence.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
What are the benefits of the boycott?

the benefits of boycott is for other Latin countries not take the totalitarian way of Castro and spread. It has work. Castro has tried for 50 years to spread his totalitarian revolution to Central and South America and it has failed and the boycott is part of that.

Now that we have Cuba on the ropes you want just to save that government without any concessions from the Cuban government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies