Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I'm always amazed at the utter hypocrisy of those men who are against women having abortions ("think of the poor little babies!!!"), who also say they want to be able to walk away and not have any responsibility or care for a baby they fathered once it is born.
Add to that the pro-lifers who do the same (you're murdering babies!) but then have absolutely no compassion for the children that result. So much so that they advocate cutting WIC and SNAP and other social safety nets that many of these children depend on to survive. Which leads to the logical and inevitable conclusion that they don't actually give a damn about the babies, and never really did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodWayOfDoingThat View Post
Many women also regret murdering their child through abortion. This will be my final reply on the matter.
Good.

It always amuses me when freedomhaters claim they believe abortion is murder. If there was a building where women were taking their seven-year old children to actually be murdered, as in put down like diseased livestock, right-wing freedom haters would be doing more than weeping and wailing on messageboards. Anti-choice freedom-hating right-wingers don't really believe abortion is murder.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:03 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And if they have a say, then they should agree to have their wages garnished for the next 18 years for child support. But even that isn't any assurance. I knew a guy who worked jobs where he got paid under the table so there were never any wages to garnish precisely for that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And what if the woman got pregnant just to collect child support? And yes this does happen.
To me, it does not matter if a woman "tricked you", claimed to be infertile or on BC, if you stuck it in, she got pregnant, and you are proven to be the guy, then you are responsible for the child. Period. How much do you owe? That's the difficult question about parenthood.

If one spouse is poor, and the other rich, should it be a 50/50 financial responsibility? Or should the rich partner be required to pay more (for the sake of the child). I would guess the latter is the most proper.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
This is pure non-sense; even tho I am against abortion seeing it has legal murder unless to save a life. Now are they going to force naming of the father or testing often many males?

Old 12-18-2014, 12:39 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It always amuses me when freedomhaters claim they believe abortion is murder.
The science says it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Anti-choice freedom-hating right-wingers don't really believe abortion is murder.
Denying the father Due Process is justified how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
But since abortion is legal, a woman who doesn't want to be pregnant, could be forced to stay pregnant against her will. And since giving birth would be an outcome of the forced pregnancy, the giving birth would be against her will.
The abortion would be against the father's will.

Quote:
Abortion isn't "murdering an innocent child."

A fetus isn't a child.

You cannot murder a fetus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
your use of the word murder is more opinion than fact.
Your Supreme Court and science disagree.

The Supreme Court defines death as the absence of brain-waves.

Since the fetus exhibits brain-waves at about the 12th-14th week of gestation, it is not dead, it is alive, and it is self-aware, meaning it is a sentient being.

So, it is murder. The science and your Supreme Court say so.

Murders are committed with premeditation for personal profit, benefit or gain.

Can't exactly claim self-defense.

I can see some women claiming to be "under attack" gaining weight and not looking "sexy" (snicker) in a thong, but that still isn't self-defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you really think all men who hit and otherwise beat the women they are involved with, let them know that is what to expect when they start dating. yeah right.
What kind of moron is having sex while dating?

The whole point of dating, is to get to know someone to the point that a relationship is worth pursuing.

If you taught young girls to keep their panties on for at least the first 10 minutes of the date, they might actually learn something and that something they learn just might save their life.

If you spent more time teaching interpersonal communication skills, assertiveness, self-esteem and how to recognize abusers instead of how to use dildos and condoms, you might actually do something positive, like empower women.

Or do empowered women frighten you?

Scientifically...

Mircea

Old 12-18-2014, 12:41 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Abortion is legal and that's never going to change. When are they going to spend time on more important subjects for a change?

Old 12-18-2014, 01:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

The abortion would be against the father's will.

Yes. And I believe that a woman should consult with the man who fathered her child when circumstances allow her to do so safely. But ultimately, the pregnancy and birth of the child impact HER. It is HER body. And beyond the physical impact, there is the economic impact that she has to consider as well. If men could conceive and be pregnant, then there wouldn't be any disparity involved in this. But women bear this burden, and since I respect women as intelligent, responsible, moral creatures who are capable of evaluating the impact an unwanted pregnancy has on their lives, both good and bad, I respect women to make the decision that is right for them.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:03 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Yes. And I believe that a woman should consult with the man who fathered her child when circumstances allow her to do so safely. But ultimately, the pregnancy and birth of the child impact HER. It is HER body. And beyond the physical impact, there is the economic impact that she has to consider as well. If men could conceive and be pregnant, then there wouldn't be any disparity involved in this. But women bear this burden, and since I respect women as intelligent, responsible, moral creatures who are capable of evaluating the impact an unwanted pregnancy has on their lives, both good and bad, I respect women to make the decision that is right for them.
It's obvious you aren't a Conservative.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:52 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

The science says it is.

most abortions are done prior to 12 to 14 weeks, so no brain waves no "murder".

Denying the father Due Process is justified how? just what right does a man have to due process with a woman's pregnancy?

The abortion would be against the father's will. men can't have abortions. if they wanted children they should make sure they are using BC or make sure their lovers want a baby should one happen.

Your Supreme Court and science disagree.

The Supreme Court defines death as the absence of brain-waves.

Since the fetus exhibits brain-waves at about the 12th-14th week of gestation, it is not dead, it is alive, and it is self-aware, meaning it is a sentient being.

So, it is murder. The science and your Supreme Court say so.

again most abortions happen before 12 weeks.

Murders are committed with premeditation for personal profit, benefit or gain.

Can't exactly claim self-defense.

I can see some women claiming to be "under attack" gaining weight and not looking "sexy" (snicker) in a thong, but that still isn't self-defense.

calling it murder does not make it so, even with your logic.

What kind of moron is having sex while dating? lmao are you kidding, most people who "date" have sex.

The whole point of dating, is to get to know someone to the point that a relationship is worth pursuing.

If you taught young girls to keep their panties on for at least the first 10 minutes of the date, they might actually learn something and that something they learn just might save their life.

If you spent more time teaching interpersonal communication skills, assertiveness, self-esteem and how to recognize abusers instead of how to use dildos and condoms, you might actually do something positive, like empower women.

what a bunch of judgmental moralizing. no one has to live their life by your morals.

Or do empowered women frighten you?

Scientifically...

Mircea
sounds more like empowered woman scare you. when women control their reproduction they also control their economic life as well. don't want an abortion don't have one. it is called choice. or are you afraid of choice for women?

Old 12-18-2014, 03:18 PM

580 posts, read 449,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"A Republican lawmaker in Missouri is introducing a bill that will require women to receive consent from the man who impregnated them before getting an abortion...
Well, everyone knows that Islam is a right-leaning theology...

Here's your Republican version of sharia law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies