Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:39 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Why do you think men don't have a say in this? You think women become pregnant through contact with toilet seats, or immaculate conception, or something?
You're trying to cloud the issue with a different discussion. The other posters point is that the man should have a sy in it since they have a lifetime responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 05:02 PM

580 posts, read 449,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You're trying to cloud the issue with a different discussion. The other posters point is that the man should have a sy in it since they have a lifetime responsibility.
How stupid do you have to be to not know that 9 months after having sex with a women, you may be hit up for child support? Make your decision at that time. Problem solved.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:08 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I would say your son should not have been banging a woman who did not first agree to have his children, if said banging resulted in a pregnancy.

It's time for men to take control of THEIR reproductive rights!
These men should just NOT HAVE SEX with women!

As we all know, celibacy is the ONLY way to ensure not creating a baby.

Keep it in your pants, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a logical argument for gay sex to me.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Sounds like a logical argument for gay sex to me.
Men, Men, Men. It's a ship all filled with men.
So throw your condoms in the trash,
there's no one here but men.

Men, men, men, It's a ship all filled with men.
You'll never have to lift the seat,
there's no one here but men.

Frisco Haiku

Old 12-17-2014, 05:18 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
If a sexual encounter ends in a pregnancy and the woman decides not to terminate, then the man is definitely responsible for his share in the support of that child. It takes two to create a life, so that is fair. However, ultimately, it is the woman who will do the actual bearing of the child, and if she decides she doesn't want to, that has to be up to her. You cannot force a woman to go through pregnancy, labor and childbirth if she doesn't want to.

So yes, it is a different discussion to a point. If a baby is the result of sex, both parties are now responsible for the support of that child. But no man should be allowed to force a woman to bear that child if she doesn't want to.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:28 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
At the very least there should be a "booty contract" between the parties prior to sex. It would spell out the repercussions and responsibilities for both parties. After reading the agreement, the man's vital reproductive organ will turn into a hidden turtle faster than diving into an ice cold pool.

Most men don't really think about the future when all the blood rushes to the vitals in the heat of the moment.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
If a sexual encounter ends in a pregnancy and the woman decides not to terminate, then the man is definitely responsible for his share in the support of that child. It takes two to create a life, so that is fair. However, ultimately, it is the woman who will do the actual bearing of the child, and if she decides she doesn't want to, that has to be up to her. You cannot force a woman to go through pregnancy, labor and childbirth if she doesn't want to.

So yes, it is a different discussion to a point. If a baby is the result of sex, both parties are now responsible for the support of that child. But no man should be allowed to force a woman to bear that child if she doesn't want to.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.
LOL. Except for the part where the woman gets to be the only one making the decision I suppose.

Tell you what, if we made it so that a woman wanting a abortion had to get the mans permission OR Pay him the equivalent of child support for terminating the baby, would you be OK with that?

Old 12-17-2014, 05:50 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
LOL. Except for the part where the woman gets to be the only one making the decision I suppose.
She gets the final say because it's her body that is required for the pregnancy to continue. I've had two children--it's no small thing to be pregnant for nine months, and we won't even talk about labor and delivery, or the toll it takes on your body. You can't force that on a woman.

Quote:
Tell you what, if we made it so that a woman wanting a abortion had to get the mans permission OR Pay him the equivalent of child support for terminating the baby, would you be OK with that?
Why would the woman have to pay the man the equivalent of child support if there's no child to support? Makes no sense.

Tell you what, find a way to incubate a baby outside of a woman's body and we'll have something to talk about.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
She gets the final say because it's her body that is required for the pregnancy to continue. I've had two children--it's no small thing to be pregnant for nine months, and we won't even talk about labor and delivery, or the toll it takes on your body. You can't force that on a woman.
You are incorrect. You can in fact force that, just as you can enforce many highly unpleasent things. Should you? Probably not. But I have to tell you, i'd rather go through giving birth then to give up 18+ years of a significant portion of my income for something a partner choose that I had no say in.

Quote:
Why would the woman have to pay the man the equivalent of child support if there's no child to support? Makes no sense.
Why should a man have to support a child he did not want then? You can't have it both ways is my point.

Quote:
Tell you what, find a way to incubate a baby outside of a woman's body and we'll have something to talk about.
Tell you what, admit the situation is unfair that someone who does not want the child to be born should have responsibilities when the other person forces them.

Its two sides of a coin, and you want women to have all the say in it, and thats really not fair.

The man cannot choose to abort the child, only the woman can, and if she chooses to keep it, he has a lifetime financial commitment.

The woman can choose to abort the child wether the man likes it or not.

You want the best of both worlds, and thats not right. But theres no easy solutions either. Making a woman financially liable for aborting a mans baby is not a unreasonable thing-you are recompensing him for the child he has lost that you choose to abort against his wishes.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:

How about the father who forced the woman to carry the pregnancy against her will goes to prison for life if that pregnancy kills her? Would you be OK with that?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies