Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:23 PM

698 posts, read 794,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Ehh...

There is fact to what you say. It is in the Bible. No one argues that. The opinion part comes from it's relevancy. Some think the Bible is the most truthful document ever; others do not. So, it is an opinion. The only fact is that it's written down, but what is written down is not necessarily fact.
I understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 10:49 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,725,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
A Homosexual, by definition in the Bible, isn't saved.
The Bible never says homosexuals are not saved. Stop lying.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,725,919 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter whether you are Christian or not, I'd think you'd want to understand his stance.

And this is not an opinion, its what the bible teaches. Whether you are a Christian or not, makes no difference
The Bible teaches no such thing. Only obnoxious fundamentalists who have butchered the Bible to support their hate teach such nonsense.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:23 PM

29,183 posts, read 22,202,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Even though he is partially correct. Gays can't breed with each other.
But they can, and do, breed. There's nothing about being gay that stops their reproductive abilities at all, and these days, there are a ton of options when it comes to making babies that are all outside the way most babies are made. Those methods are being used by hetero and gay singles and couples, and gays and straights who are celibate, and all of them want to be parents.

Being gay does not stop their natural desires to become mothers and fathers. Sexual orientation and political belief has nothing to do with any of those natural desires at all. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1
Quote:
A Homosexual, by definition in the Bible, isn't saved.

So Pat Robertson whom I suspect would say the Bible is his authority, has stated exactly what the Bibles outcome is for homosexuals

They will be extinct.

Except he's put a bizarre twist on it which is not based in scripture

Also let me clarify that the Bible teaches a Christian is saved via being Covered through

Christs blood on the Cross so this person, who by definition of doing homosexual acts is a homosexual, is NO longer a homosexual

They are not viewed as a Sinner but a Saint. Just as other sins are covered through his blood, this one could be too.

But it's not something to bank on,, keep sinning freely. I am just saying it is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Bible never says homosexuals are not saved. Stop lying.
1 Corinthians 6:9-12New King James Version (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Umm it says exactly that^^^ Homosexuals will NOT inherit the kingdom of God. Sinners do not inherit the kingdom of god. Saints do
Lets' break it down...

Verse 9, they along with other groups of sinners listed, they do not inherit the kingdom of God (heaven)
Verse 11. As such WERE Some of you. aka you WERE a homosexual , thief, drunkard etc..but are not any more<<-- again past tense.
Verse 11 BUT You were WASHED (via Christs Blood), you were SANCTIFIED, & JUSTIFIED.

Washed Clean of those sins. Sanctified through Christ. Justified ...to live as a Child of God now.

Sinner is no longer, by definition, a sinner- aka a thief, an adulterer, a drunkard, reviler, or whatever...after accepting Christ as their God

Sinner went from unrighteous (Verse 9) to righteous, a Saint... due to Christs blood covering their sins. They died alongside Christ, aformer life now dead along with Christs, now born a new creation. Just as Christ died and came back to life in the tomb
Again, I forgive you about your false accusation that I am a liar about what the Bible states. Please be careful about your false accusations
How this relates to the OP, and Pat Robertson, not sure. But hopefully if Pat claims to be a Christ Follower he has adopted this universal
belief of the Christian Faith

Last edited by CaliforniaGal1; 12-17-2014 at 11:53 PM..

Old 12-17-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
But they can, and do, breed. There's nothing about being gay that stops their reproductive abilities at all, and these days, there are a ton of options when it comes to making babies that are all outside the way most babies are made. Those methods are being used by hetero and gay singles and couples, and gays and straights who are celibate, and all of them want to be parents.

Being gay does not stop their natural desires to become mothers and fathers. Sexual orientation and political belief has nothing to do with any of those natural desires at all. Where there is a will, there is a way.
Thanks for this reality check.

Last edited by CaliforniaGal1; 12-17-2014 at 11:47 PM..

Old 12-17-2014, 11:46 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,013,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I think homosexuality is spread by cultural influences and our acceptance of deviancy and perversion is affecting young people and the habits they form early. Robertson SHOULD understand that the Scriptures warn of an INCREASE in deviancy in the Last Days, not less.
I think you are wrong...
A study of gay men in the US has found fresh evidence that male sexual orientation is influenced by genes. Scientists tested the DNA of 400 gay men and found that genes on at least two chromosomes affected whether a man was gay or straight. Male sexual orientation influenced by genes, study shows | Science | The Guardian

Old 12-17-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think you are wrong...
A study of gay men in the US has found fresh evidence that male sexual orientation is influenced by genes. Scientists tested the DNA of 400 gay men and found that genes on at least two chromosomes affected whether a man was gay or straight. Male sexual orientation influenced by genes, study shows | Science | The Guardian
Sounds plausible. They say the same thing about Native Americans and alcohol, that their genes are what makes them susceptible to being drunks.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
We understand Pat perfectly. He's been saying hateful, ridiculous, asinine things about gays for years:

"You know what they do in San Francisco, some in the gay community there they want to get people so if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger. Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”

“I would warn Orlando that you’re right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don’t think I’d be waving those [rainbow] flags in God’s face if I were you.”

"[Gay people say] we're not only going to go into the schools and we're going to take your children and your grandchildren and turn them into homosexuals." Now that's wrong."

"The widespread practice of homosexuality will bring about the destruction of your nation, if it will bring about terrorist bombs, if it'll bring about earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor, it isn't necessarily something we ought to open our arms to."

The 700 Club (TV Series 1966

And that's just a small sample. There are many, many more.

Yeah, I think we all are very clear on what Pat's stance is. He is a very clear indication of why I left Christianity behind me years ago.
This doesn't surprise me one bit ^^though I have no knowledge of it until now
I watched a small part of his show? him on TV many years back. He said something so shocking, but I think it was concerning Adultery/Adulterers. I was never drawn to the guy after that though I cannot remember his comment. That show was annoying.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,500,182 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter whether you are Christian or not, I'd think you'd want to understand his stance.

And this is not an opinion, its what the bible teaches. Whether you are a Christian or not, makes no difference
Do you think Pat Robertson follows Leviticus? Does anybody in 2014? Orthodox Jews, maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies