Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 07:46 AM

35,102 posts, read 31,367,047 times

Advertisements

If someone can't do better than $15k, they aren't trying, point blank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 07:53 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,949,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Again, everyone is operating under this system, yet many people succeed. Why am I doing great while OP is a loser?
And again, you must think very little of yourself if you are ok with your money being stolen from you. So clearly you are no better than these 'losers' who have also had their livelihoods stolen from them.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
And again, you must think very little of yourself if you are ok with your money being stolen from you. So clearly you are no better than these 'losers' who have also had their livelihoods stolen from them.
Who is getting their money stolen???

I am not.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Did your parents pay for your tuition? What kind of job do you have? Do you have any mental illnesses?
I can't answer for the responder but I can answer for my family: Hubby got no help with his education except he lived at home the first 2 years: I did get help, but also worked part time and summers while in school. Our kids did exactly the same as did our grandkids. They were lucky, they got scolarships but we have one granddauther who will start college this coming fall. Her parents are divorced, there isn't a lot of money but I can assure you she will graduate and yes, while in college probably be a waitress.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourself, and stop expecting everyone to help you or feel sorry for you!!!.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:50 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,973,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't answer for the responder but I can answer for my family: Hubby got no help with his education except he lived at home the first 2 years: I did get help, but also worked part time and summers while in school. Our kids did exactly the same as did our grandkids. They were lucky, they got scolarships but we have one granddauther who will start college this coming fall. Her parents are divorced, there isn't a lot of money but I can assure you she will graduate and yes, while in college probably be a waitress.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourself, and stop expecting everyone to help you or feel sorry for you!!!.
It shouldn't have to be that hard. Nobody should have to go to school full time and work and still go into debt. Even the Japanese don't work as hard as we do. I home schooled so unfortunately a scholarship isn't an option for me and none of the fields I'm interested in are lucrative.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:53 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
It shouldn't have to be that hard. Nobody should have to go to school full time and work and still go into debt. Even the Japanese don't work as hard as we do.
Have you lived in Japan? I have. I will NEVER work for a Japanese employer.

My grandmother owned 17 mini markets in Japan. She woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning and went to bed around 12pm.

I agree with you, nobody should have to go to school full time and work full time and still go into debt. This is b.s.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:25 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
While increasing my pay from 20K to 50K know what happened? I had less money. 50K to 70K was still pretty close to break even. Its only after that that I saw big increases in my real disposable income. For exactly the reason you indicate.

Its a huge work disincentive. And we need to fix it. Good for you for donating food, that stuff truly matters more then most realize.
This is increasingly happening to more people. Different states also handle federal programs very differently and many can have difficulty qualifying.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:39 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,973,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Have you lived in Japan? I have. I will NEVER work for a Japanese employer.

My grandmother owned 17 mini markets in Japan. She woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning and went to bed around 12pm.

I agree with you, nobody should have to go to school full time and work full time and still go into debt. This is b.s.
I read somewhere that Americans now work more hours than the Japanese.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
It shouldn't have to be that hard. Nobody should have to go to school full time and work and still go into debt. Even the Japanese don't work as hard as we do. I home schooled so unfortunately a scholarship isn't an option for me and none of the fields I'm interested in are lucrative.
Sounds like you are setting yourself up for failure.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:50 AM

19,854 posts, read 12,127,453 times
Quote:
I read somewhere that Americans now work more hours than the Japanese.
"Read somewhere" and now quoting it as fact? I seriously doubt Americans are working more hours than Japanese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies