Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 11:11 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Even in North Dakota...not on my dime. Vacation money
I have no issue with my tax dollars going to protect any President that SERVES.
Obama included.
Obama has served circles around Reagan and Bush. Check your facts.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:11 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Where do you think the money in his paycheck comes from? I really don't understand the mentality that the President of the United States should live in a cardboard box under a bridge because anything more would be a waste of taxpayer money.
Please stop with the extremes, cardboard box.
That makes no sense.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:12 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I wish Obama had spent as many days as Bush on vacation. This country would be in far better shape if he hadn't had time to sign all those executive orders.
lol!

Old 12-20-2014, 11:15 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Even in North Dakota...not on my dime. Vacation money
I have no issue with my tax dollars going to protect any President that SERVES.
Obama included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Obama has served circles around Reagan and Bush. Check your facts.
Just what are you talking about???
This post of yours doesn't corolate with what I said.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:44 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times
The president is being much more responsible than most CEOs. I see no problem here. I see stupid posts attacking the president based on partisan lines.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:46 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Most of the extreme cost is because they have to carry around security details which they have to carry around because of their job. It doesn't bug me. It's a cost of business.

Go to Hawaii for Christmas if it bugs you. If you can't because you can't afford it, that's not Obama's fault. Improve yourself.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:56 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Where do you think the money in his paycheck comes from? I really don't understand the mentality that the President of the United States should live in a cardboard box under a bridge because anything more would be a waste of taxpayer money.
When you pay for your vacation doesn't the money come from YOUR paycheck??? He is getting a paycheck that YES is also taxpayer money but he should be using HIS pay (as the rest of us do) for vacations....Why was he also asking Americans to tighten their belts when he is not willing to tighten his....If his vacation is on his dime I don't mind but if its double dipping and the taxpayers not only have to pay his salary but also foot the expensive vacations then I am not willing to tighten my belt to expand his....Gee, I don't care if you are the president or not...Practice what you preach!!!! (ALL presidents included!!!!)

Old 12-20-2014, 12:26 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
When you pay for your vacation doesn't the money come from YOUR paycheck??? He is getting a paycheck that YES is also taxpayer money but he should be using HIS pay (as the rest of us do) for vacations....Why was he also asking Americans to tighten their belts when he is not willing to tighten his....If his vacation is on his dime I don't mind but if its double dipping and the taxpayers not only have to pay his salary but also foot the expensive vacations then I am not willing to tighten my belt to expand his....Gee, I don't care if you are the president or not...Practice what you preach!!!! (ALL presidents included!!!!)
He isn't. You're just ignorant is all. He doesn't pay for the security detail, but he does pay for his vacation. When he's not President of the United States, he won't have a security detail following him around. It's something that comes with the job. The tax payer isn't paying for his vacation rental. He is. Just like last year. And just like every other president has before him. Yes, they use Air Force One or another military plane. That's requirement for security reasons. You can't put the President of the United States on Delta Airlines. All presidents also have to pay back the cost of a commercial flight for personal use of Air Force One.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:46 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,966,821 times
Everyone deserves vacations. If you are at the top of the food chain then you get more vacation than those of us lower down. His roots happen to be in Hawaii, why is that a big deal to go home for Christmas? He is responsible for all the costs incurred except for his transportation and security detail...because as US citizens we prefer to pay to protect the President no matter where he happens to be. Unlike most of us who prefer to go on vacation and leave the office behind (I personally do not check those emails or answer calls from the office) the President takes his work along every day of his life. So if we pay a bit for transportation and security so that the government has 24/7 access then I believe it should be on our tab as taxpayers.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:03 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Most of the extreme cost is because they have to carry around security details which they have to carry around because of their job. It doesn't bug me. It's a cost of business.

Go to Hawaii for Christmas if it bugs you. If you can't because you can't afford it, that's not Obama's fault. Improve yourself.
Haha...that's a perfect response. "Get some skills".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies