Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 02:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,751,882 times

Advertisements

The President of the United States isn't paid ENOUGH IMO, and he is entitled to all the perks he can get. For example, the CEO of my company makes $1.2 million a year PLUS perks, and that is just one medium sized company.

Big damn deal, the guy gets a vacation with his family over Christmas. If this wasn't such a lunatic world he could safely board a regular flight like the rest of us, but with nut jobs running around he wouldn't survive 5 minutes without the Secret Service.

Just because none of us were smart enough to get that job, don't be sore losers. I hope he and the family have a great Holiday.

Don

Old 12-19-2014, 02:33 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,297,663 times
OP when your the leader of the free world you get to take a few extra days around the holidays. Hell i'm a dopey truck driver that humps packages all day and i'm taking the next two weeks off.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:56 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,506,241 times
Don and Thomas I get what you are saying.
Its on the tax payers dime is what gets me.
And its not just now at Christmas, the vacation.
He and his family have been on vacation more times in this calendar year, and also on our taxes.

Last edited by Atalanta; 12-19-2014 at 03:20 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 02:58 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,908,477 times
He should go on vacation more.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:07 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,953,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
It is hard to swallow when there is so much turmoil now.
And so many people working hard to make ends meet.

I seriously hate comments like this. Every year there are people working hard to make ends meet. There will ALWAYS be people working hard to make ends meet. There has never been a time in the past where people didn't work hard to make ends meet. My wife and I are very financially stable, but we work hard to have what we have. The CEO making millions worked hard to get where he or she is. So should the President not take a vacation just because there are poor people in America? They don't pay taxes anyways (a complete separate conversation), so it isn't like it is coming out of their pocket.

About the turmoil, there will always be turmoil. Nothing is going to change with this. There are always conflicts throughout the world as well as conflicts in the US, but we should not let those conflicts prevent us from enjoying some time off and the President is included in this.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:19 PM

37,084 posts, read 42,066,642 times
I don't get it. Is the outrage "faux" for fun here?

Old 12-19-2014, 03:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,751,882 times
Quote:
Don and Thomas I vet what you are saying.
Its on the tax payers dime is whag gets me.
And its not just now at Christmas.
He and his family have been on vacation more times in this calendar year.
Of COURSE it is on our dime !!!! That is how it works. Just like we pay for Senator's health insurance, and all the other niceties that are part and parcel of their benefit package. When we hire a President, or VP, or whatever position, with that goes not only their base salary, but other monies that go to support them in their work and in their free time.

Let me ask you this. Would you take a job where you would NEVER be free to ever go out in public again without an armed guard by your side? Would you ask you Wife and Children to accept a lifestyle that everyday of your life you could not go out and just walk around like the rest of us do ? No trips to the Mall or the beach or just being alone for a nice walk somewhere. What a great life !!

Anyone who takes this job is a prisoner for the rest of their life. There will always be some nut with a gun who would love nothing better than to take you out, and if he got your family, so much the better ! Wake up, big deal that the guy and his family get a nice vacation occasionally............I would too, and I wouldn't feel bad about it in the least.

Wake up and smell the coffee, their existence is paid for by us because that is how it has to be. We ask them to take these jobs and then we nitpick over every little thing they do ! What a bunch of whiners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

Old 12-19-2014, 03:24 PM

14,646 posts, read 14,554,802 times
I work Christmas and New Years and I'm not outraged. I guess because I work hard to earn my 4-5 weeks of vacation a year, and I know I don't work as hard as the POTUS.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:24 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,999,542 times
Quote:
Don and Thomas I vet what you are saying.
Its on the tax payers dime is whag gets me.
And its not just now at Christmas.
He and his family have been on vacation more times in this calendar year.
And Bush took 543 days for his entire two terms.

Obama has only taken 131 days.

Obama takes more vacations than any modern president | Liberal Bias

Quote:

Days Vacation per term
Ronald Reagan 242
George HW Bush 543
Bill Clinton 76
George W Bush 510
Obama (Term 1) 131

It's really not that serious.

I hope you were this vocal when George W was spending a third of his time partying instead of running the country.

Repubs seem to take A LOT of vacation days don't they?

Old 12-19-2014, 03:33 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,145,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The President of the United States isn't paid ENOUGH IMO, and he is entitled to all the perks he can get. For example, the CEO of my company makes $1.2 million a year PLUS perks, and that is just one medium sized company.

Big damn deal, the guy gets a vacation with his family over Christmas. If this wasn't such a lunatic world he could safely board a regular flight like the rest of us, but with nut jobs running around he wouldn't survive 5 minutes without the Secret Service.

Just because none of us were smart enough to get that job, don't be sore losers. I hope he and the family have a great Holiday.

Don
Exactly! Must have been some Fox News talking point this morning about how bad old Obama is doing nothing but taking vacations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies