Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 09:50 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

Al Sharpton is NOT the voice of black america

Everyone with common sense knows this. Black America does have a single leader at all...

Old 12-22-2014, 10:08 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Al Sharpton is just one of those race obsessed tribal sheeple (that we see many of here on city-data) with the constant over generalizing.... i know we have freedom of speech in this country and these people have every right to preach what they preach but i just don't understand most of it.
Trying to find a link between the 30 million people who have the same dark shade of skin and trying to link all the police officers and police departments in America... sorry just don't understand it...

We are all individuals who for the most part peacefully coexist, we aren't a bunch of tribes running around at war with each other.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:56 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
Why aren't you denouncing Limbaugh???

Keep your own house in order before you complain about others
You're the one who keeps bringing him up over and over for some reason...

Old 12-22-2014, 11:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I'm hearing a lot of "testy" black people in here who don't like hearing the truth. Doesn't matter that you don't all agree, the fact is big Al is the voice of the black people, perhaps not all of them, but a large %.. Deal with it..
Me thinks thou doth protest too much...
Not protesting at all.

If Sharpton is our leader, so what? Got a problem with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No, but discarding my opinion on the basis of skin tone is racism. And that is what the poster did, and admitted to having done. Unrepentant racism--and not unusual coming from the left wing of the political spectrum.
Why wouldn't I discard your opinion on this issue? Black leadership in an intra black issue.a
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You're the one who keeps bringing him up over and over for some reason...
Because he's the leader of white conservatives.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:47 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Al Sharpton is NOT the voice of black america

Everyone with common sense knows this. Black America does have a single leader at all...
The thing is, alot of people who believe that Al Sharpton is "the voice of Black America" don't have such since. I would argue that said persons don't have critical thinking acumen, and speak from a position of anger, arrogance, and histrionics.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:49 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
The classic case of a creature who proclaims to know more about someone else's reality than said person himself. Quite entertaining. You should these testy folks that they prefer lemonade over orange juice next.
And this classic case of such, it is something else as well: Hubris.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:58 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Back this statement up. I find no merit in it.
Which side, the blacks or the arabs who call themselves "palestinians"?

Old 12-23-2014, 11:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I am not here to defend one soul on this forum. But I have very successful black friends, who feel that the negative message is getting listen too. It is sometimes the weak and meek who listen to negative. But our friends do not pay attention, to anything of any negativity at all, from Jackson, Sharpton, or the rest. Intelligent people do not listen to garbage.

In fact what we all need to do is dwell on positive and not negative, which just keeps people down. Media does not help make matters better but I feel much worse. Race relations will never get better, if all we dwell upon is the worse of the beast, and negative. But we also need to talk about positive, and the good. But problems do not get solved, with more violence, and killings either.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:56 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not protesting at all.

If Sharpton is our leader, so what? Got a problem with that?
I have no problem with that at all. The world is full of ignorant people, some examples would be those who voted for and approve of comrade obama and the ugliest **** of them all, big Al the people's pal... both of whom are racists who hate white people and America..
If that be your stance as well, I fully support your right to believe that way if you so choose....
I love America and all of God's children, even those who may be following down the wrong path..
Peace and good will, and Merry Christmas to you and yours..

Old 12-23-2014, 12:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would we include you? Answer that question.

What insights as a white man can you offer to the average black man relative to whom we see as a leader?

You can offer me some insight perhaps on sports, music, or something of little consequence.

But on the serious matters of intra-black affairs, you're useless. You've got nothing to offer.

Why does that pain you so much? I mean dang...you're THAT nosey?
It's not about me, or why I should be included. In fact I would not want to be included, nor would I participate in any gatherings of racists.

The point is solely about you. As you have overtly admitted on this thread, you would exclude people solely based on skin tone. That is racism, pure and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies