Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:46 AM

15,579 posts, read 10,294,065 times

Advertisements

How does Sharpton manage to insert himself and his anti-cop propaganda into every high profile news story regarding a Black person? Sharpton's presence at any venue and his rhetoric are poison to our society, in my opinion.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:01 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,074,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
As long as the blacks don't disown him, he will always be their leader.
More like as long as the media elite choose to put him on tv to solve black issues, he will be the perceived black leader by those not in touch.

Those media elite are all white mind you. Even BET sold out a while ago.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,877,037 times
As long as the President invites him to events and the White House he remains a spokesman for Black America.

Obama and Sharpton have become BFF.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:04 AM

6,513 posts, read 7,513,873 times
I still dislike Al. He put my desired career in jeopardy.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:11 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,902,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
More like as long as the media elite choose to put him on tv to solve black issues, he will be the perceived black leader by those not in touch.

Yep.....it's the media that continues to promote him not the people in general. There has been more than one occasion where he has been told to stay away.

NYPD shooting victim’s family: Stay away, Sharpton! | New York Post

Old 12-21-2014, 09:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,162,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
How does Sharpton manage to insert himself and his anti-cop propaganda into every high profile news story regarding a Black person? Sharpton's presence at any venue and his rhetoric are poison to our society, in my opinion.
Because he's asked to come and help by the victim's family.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:16 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,214,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because he's asked to come and help by the victim's family.
I know the Brown family did invite him.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,162,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

The victim's families are calling Sharpton to come and help.
That even happened with Ebola man in Dallas. Not even dead for 24 hours and Sharpton was at the family's side shouting about discrimination and racism.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:31 AM

68,279 posts, read 54,049,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
but he sure is the voice of the left and Obama and Belasio sure listens to him.
Sharpton's the "voice of the left" like Haggard's the voice of the right.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:41 AM

267 posts, read 309,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
As long as the blacks don't disown him, he will always be their leader.
He's not my leader at all. I dont think he doing enough to get the younger generation involved with the cause. He hold out-dated, racists opinions on today's society. He still preaching about white people being our oppressers when, in reality, we're holding each other back. I think most whites just believe that he's our leader because he fit the typical militant Black "leader" stereotype.

I think you have to understand how the media works as well; they are going to go for the story or person that is going to provoke the most interest, controversy, or both. While Sharpton has been at the forefront of many protests and issues involving race and civil rights, he is seen by his critics as fanning the flames of racial tensions and causing division among whites and blacks and even within the black population.

In many comment sections of articles involving blacks, He along with Jesse Jackson are often mentioned in a negative manner. But he is far from the leader of ALL blacks just like Limbaugh or James Carville do not represent the views of ALL whites...

The country is too diverse with many civil rights laws passed over the last forty years or so to narrow a single person to represent an entire subset of a population like King did in the 50's and 60's. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Is there still division and hatred? Of course. But I think one way to get there is to treat each other according to their merits and character first and not their particular race, political leaning, or any other classification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies