Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 04:09 PM

963 posts, read 689,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black folks choose the qualifications...not you. The only thing you can choose is to be an interested or disinterested observer. But you ARE an observer...that's all.
Like I said, the fact that5 you REFUSE to answer whose vies most represent your own tells me you agree with the Communist leadership wing of black America -- Sharpton, Jackson, Waters, Obama, Holder

Sharpton is PROUD that he represents most black Americans

NAN PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER REV. AL SHARPTON IS THE “PERSON THAT MOST OFTEN SPEAKS FOR BLACK AMERICANS” ACCORDING TO ZOGBY POLL COMMISSIONED BY BET FOUNDER ROBERT L. JOHNSON | National Action Network

Old 12-27-2014, 04:14 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Conduct a poll of 1,000 whites and ask them if the kkk speaks for them. I bet you won't get 1% i agreement with that.

Now ask 1,000 black Americans if any of these people speak for them, Sharpton, Jackson, Waters. Nearly 50% agree with that! Deny it all you want, these ARE your leaders.
http://www.rljcompanies.com/phpages/...Obama_2013.pdf

Forty percent named "no one" speaking for them--that was the plurality. If you add the top three, you get slightly more in total for Sharpton, Jackson, and Waters. But that does not support an assertion that Sharpton is the leader. Sharpton, Jackson, and Waters are not the same person--each has his or her own constituencies.

Nor does it even support a contention that even that many blacks specifically agree with everything any of them says. "Speak for me" merely means "talks positively about my interests." That doesn't say anything about "leadership" (which means "I'll do what he tells me to do").

Old 12-27-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Forty percent named "no one" speaking for them--that was the plurality. If you add the top three, you get slightly more in total for Sharpton, Jackson, and Waters. But that does not support an assertion that Sharpton is the leader. Sharpton, Jackson, and Waters are not the same person--each has his or her own constituencies.

Nor does it even support a contention that even that many blacks specifically agree with everything any of them says. "Speak for me" merely means "talks positively about my interests." That doesn't say anything about "leadership" (which means "I'll do what he tells me to do").
NAN PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER REV. AL SHARPTON IS THE “PERSON THAT MOST OFTEN SPEAKS FOR BLACK AMERICANS” ACCORDING TO ZOGBY POLL COMMISSIONED BY BET FOUNDER ROBERT L. JOHNSON | National Action Network

So if you don't agree with EVERYTHING a leader says, he's not a LEADER? You're really grasping at straws. Fortunately, everybody (who can think) sees how foolish the two of you are. You really shouldn't attempt to debate until you develop some basic reasoning skills.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Like I said, the fact that5 you REFUSE to answer whose vies most represent your own tells me you agree with the Communist leadership wing of black America -- Sharpton, Jackson, Waters, Obama, Holder

Sharpton is PROUD that he represents most black Americans

I did answer you. You didn't like the name i gave you. That's not my fault nor is it my problem.

And doubling down on the "Sharpton is your leader" stuff isn't helping your case because my retort to that is the same...so what if he is?

You're still an observer, and you're powerless to do anything about it anyway.

Accept it and move on.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I did answer you. You didn't like the name i gave you. That's not my fault nor is it my problem.

And doubling down on the "Sharpton is your leader" stuff isn't helping your case because my retort to that is the same...so what if he is?

You're still an observer, and you're powerless to do anything about it anyway.

Accept it and move on.
Let it be noted that you pretty much admit what we've been saying and have yet to personally reject him (you're not going to), because he DOES speak for you. You have not provided an alternative who reflects your personal views.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

The standard you and some others set to be considered 'A leader' ['I'll do what he tells me to do'] is more like a boss, parent, drill sergeant. Add your standard of agreeing with Everything a leader says, and there might not be a leader of anything except a cult.

Last edited by jazzarama; 12-27-2014 at 05:05 PM..

Old 12-27-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Let it be noted that you pretty much admit what we've been saying and have yet to personally reject him (you're not going to), because he DOES speak for you. You have not provided an alternative who reflects your personal views.
"Let it be noted?" Stop it.

I'm not going to reject him nor will i endorse him. You can infer from that what you want. I mean, what are the consequences to me either way? Nothing.

I gave you an alternative...and even doing that was more than i should have done. What do you have against Wynton Marsalis. He's a nice fella with a good outlook on life.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The standard you and some others set to be considered 'A leader' ['I'll do what he tells me to do'] is more like a boss, parent, drill sergeant. Add your standard of agreeing with Everything a leader says, and there might not be a leader of anything except a cult.
Guess that's the standard then.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:52 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Guess that's the standard then.
I guess it's his standard and maybe yours, but not 'the' standard nor a sensible standard. Anyway...

I suppose the white media and power structure promoting Sharpton as the black voice beats promoting someone more threatening.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I guess it's his standard and maybe yours, but not 'the' standard nor a sensible standard. Anyway...

I suppose the white media and power structure promoting Sharpton as the black voice beats promoting someone more threatening.
LMAO...is that what it is? You feel threatened?

FINALLY!!! We get the truth.

Black folks are 12% of the population and falling steadily. We don't even live in whole swaths of this country. Why in the hell would you use the word "threatening" on any topic relative to African Americans? You're THAT skeered?

"Who are the blacks gonna choose as a leader? (in a whisper)...I hope he's not threatening."

That's the beautiful thing about you conservatives...you talk long enough, it all comes spilling out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies