Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:33 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think he cares at all. Most Blacks I know don't pay much attention to Sharpton. I don't care. I'm not looking to him for leadership.

The thing about Black people is this. Most people aren't going to focus on the Black people who are just trying to make a living, and live their lives. Many people, in my opinion, are going to focus on Al Sharpton, on the Black people who are causing problems. The worst of the Black population gets the most attention. Those within the Black population who are despised get more attention.
At the end of the day, like you pointed out, average black people living their lives isn't gonna draw any media attention, same for white people too... I mean the media needs sensationalism... to sell "papers" although it's not papers, but I think you get the idea.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:34 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
It has nothing to do with who this "reverend" () represents, and everything to do with how he insinuates himself into arenas that affect everyone. When the president entertains anything this crook/rabblerouser has to say, it's everybody's business.

Now Sharpton gets to decide who runs SONY after supreme wimp Amy Pascal schedules a meeting with him as if he's the pope? Give me a break.

The kicker is how that brouhaha arose out of some offensive emails sent by Pascal. We know by his own words how bigoted Sharpton is and which groups of people he's publicly offended. Wouldn't you love to see what's in his private emails?

Just a little something to think about...

Old 12-21-2014, 12:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What is there right wings ultimate goal of demonizing the man and appointing him leader of all black people ???
Sharpton, like Jesse, are out to line their pocket first and foremost at the expense of race relations in the US.
In order to keeps the funds rolling in the racial divide has to continue.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..no you won't. You didn't get to vote on Sharpton being one of your leaders..did you ?
Yeah, i will.

And yeah...i got one more vote than you did. And you didn't get even one.

Besides, when did Sharpton proclaim himself to be one of my leaders? I didn't get the memo.

White folks designated him as such. But still, whether he is or isn't is not a concern of yours.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, i will.

And yeah...i got one more vote than you did. And you didn't get even one.

Besides, when did Sharpton proclaim himself to be one of my leaders? I didn't get the memo.

White folks designated him as such. But still, whether he is or isn't is not a concern of yours.
When he wants tax payer funded special divisions he certainly does become a concern.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Sharpton, like Jesse, are out to line their pocket first and foremost at the expense of race relations in the US.
In order to keeps the funds rolling in the racial divide has to continue.
And that is an opinion given to you by right winger media.

You can believe it, but it doesnt change the fact that these issues come up, Sharpton and Jackson didnt create them. Sharpton didnt bring attention to the Martin case or Gardner, or Brown, America knew about them before anyone else did.

Heck it seems like the Gardner Case didnt even become controversial until he came out and organized marches( that were already happening).

When your perception of a situation changes because one individual gets involved, then the problem is your perception, not the individual.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
And that is an opinion given to you by right winger media.

You can believe it, but it doesnt change the fact that these issues come up, Sharpton and Jackson didnt create them. Sharpton didnt bring attention to the Martin case or Gardner, or Brown, America knew about them before anyone else did.

Heck it seems like the Gardner Case didnt even become controversial until he came out and organized marches( that were already happening).

When your perception of a situation changes because one individual gets involved, then the problem is your perception, not the individual.
Follow the money my friend.

Sharpton is the racial equivalent of an Ambulance Chaser.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:

Again, the problem with your argument is that the ambulance is already going to the emergence, he didnt cause it.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:03 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
At the end of the day, like you pointed out, average black people living their lives isn't gonna draw any media attention, same for white people too... I mean the media needs sensationalism... to sell "papers" although it's not papers, but I think you get the idea.
And the thing is, many people do not get that. Being violent, being stupid, and being a leach sells papers in large numbers.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:08 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,124 times
Quote:

No he's not, he's a white cop chaser if anything ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies