Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 07:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Should NY Police Officers That Turned Their Backs On Their Mayor Be Disciplined?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 07:55 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think the phrase 'all lives matter.' should sum it up adequately. Cops should not be killed in the line of duty- or off duty. And petty crime should not result in a death sentence.
It really is that simple.

Quote:
The killer in this instance wasn't even a protester he was a wacko who killed before & will probably kill again if given the chance. What he has to do with 99.99% of protesters is beyond me.

And what the vast majority of cops have to do with the very few who either use poor judgment or temper that results in death is also beyond me.
That last part isn't so simple. They refused to condemn the actions that lead to all of this also. The officer broke a rule and that lead to someone being killed. The union and the force should have backed him being fired.

Quote:
Its pretty said that we are having these conversations mostly for the benefit of Al Sharpton and the right wing noise machine when there are very real problems facing many citizens and police officers.
Getting killed is a pretty real problem.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:54 PM

17,312 posts, read 14,596,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

That last part isn't so simple. They refused to condemn the actions that lead to all of this also. The officer broke a rule and that lead to someone being killed. The union and the force should have backed him being fired.
You'll have to wait til the investigation is completed to see what will happen to Pantaleo.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:21 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,848,499 times
Not certain if I saw a black officer at the mayors hospital visit NOT have his back turned , if I saw correctly then it would just go to show who sides with the mayors views

Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,790,583 times
I'm a democrat and like De Blasio but, No. I would hate to see De Blasio expecting himself to be treated like royalty. Plus what do you expect from people that primarily use their muscle to get by in life? Rational deliberation? They're idiots. What are you gonna do?

I'm more concerned with incendiary statements made by Pat Lynch. Now he is deserving of being asked to step down.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:37 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,470,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
1) Slow-walk any responses to calls for help from the liberal upper west side.

2) Slow-walk any responses to calls for help from high-crime neighborhoods.

3) If there are any more insults from the mayor, or if another cop is killed, then go on strike for a few weeks.
"There is no right to strike against the public safety by anybody, anywhere, any time."

-Calvin Coolidge

Let them try to strike, and let their whole squalid, Mafia-ridden department be liquidated and replaced by decent public servants.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:55 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I'm a democrat and like De Blasio but, No. I would hate to see De Blasio expecting himself to be treated like royalty. Plus what do you expect from people that primarily use their muscle to get by in life? Rational deliberation? They're idiots. What are you gonna do?

I'm more concerned with incendiary statements made by Pat Lynch. Now he is deserving of being asked to step down.
Absolutely correct on all counts. These cops are little more than organized thugs. As far as Lynch, like most union leaders, these types are often the most belligerent and strident of the membership. It's often the same in any union. I just love that conservatives are told to love this union and hate all the others, and like well trained pack animals, they do as they're told.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:08 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,705,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Why is everyone on the cops side? Are we all forgetting the massive corruption rampant in the NYPD? I'm not excusing the murders in the least, but it seems all DeBlasio wants to do is bring accountability back to the police which is something they should want if they're real police. If they want the corruption, then they're just thugs with badges.
There may or may not be something to the claim of "massive corruption rampant in the NYPD", but most people commenting here live elsewhere and they are speaking to the big picture - not the NYPD.

They understand how quickly our society could and would turn into complete chaos and anarchy with the breakdown of respect for law enforcement. Anger is growing fast and we are pushing closer by the day to that line between cultural war and peace.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:36 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You'll have to wait til the investigation is completed to see what will happen to Pantaleo.
That's a part of the problem isn't it? The investigation shouldn't take longer than it takes to present a case to the grand jury, even a scam one especially considering the clear video evidence.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:45 AM

17,312 posts, read 14,596,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's a part of the problem isn't it? The investigation shouldn't take longer than it takes to present a case to the grand jury, even a scam one especially considering the clear video evidence.
The internal investigation was not set to begin until after the GJ made it's decision - so how is that part of the problem? And exactly what problem are you talking about?

Honestly, part of the problem as I see it is a whole bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks thinking that they know everything about the GJ process, how to interpret evidence and not understanding that law enforcement officers are given more leeway that an average citizen.

Last edited by Chuckity; 12-24-2014 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: i r a bad speler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies