Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:53 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,446,249 times

Advertisements

Calling Dubya "the MBA President" is about as relevant as calling him "the ingrown toenail President." His marginal competence at running the country and his own administration would embarrass his MBA alma mater, if it were any place other than Harvard U.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 08:53 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,411,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Thanks for the laugh! I just learned that I have a job interview Monday morning as well, so keep the good news flowing so I can uncork my bottle of birthday champagne! It's amazing the types of people who think Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly are more qualified to have opinions than Anderson Cooper or Wolf Blitzer when all four are EQUALLY qualified.
At least you got the joke
Good luck on the job interview!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 01:31 AM

24,483 posts, read 33,191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I am not upset at all
I find it amusing that people that watch Fox news make remarks about CNBC...
In addition to Fox, I watch CNN and MSNBC. But Fox gets about 80% of my viewing.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:30 AM

531 posts, read 1,740,451 times
If Bush is so intelligent,you'd think he would have learned to pronounce "nuclear." Heck, I only went to a state university, and I can do that!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:41 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,406,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Basically all of those stations report the same news. The fact that Fox News doesn't put a liberal spin on it seems to upset some people and they call it "fake."
Yes, sort of like how people used to criticize Pravda and Izvestia just because they didn't put a capitalist spin on everything. Sheesh!

Quote:
Also, the fact that Fox News has far higher ratings than the other stations upsets others and they have to bash it.
And in turn, SpongeBob SquarePants has much higher ratings than Fox News. Two cartoons going head to head, and SpongeBob beats the SquarePants off of them every time...

Old 01-06-2008, 06:38 AM

44 posts, read 183,056 times
"It's amazing the types of people who think Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly are more qualified to have opinions than Anderson Cooper or Wolf Blitzer when all four are EQUALLY qualified."

Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly want EVERYONE to have their opinion or else they are called stoopid.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yes, sort of like how people used to criticize Pravda and Izvestia just because they didn't put a capitalist spin on everything. Sheesh!

And in turn, SpongeBob SquarePants has much higher ratings than Fox News. Two cartoons going head to head, and SpongeBob beats the SquarePants off of them every time...
See... Fox News upsets you, too!
Why can't you just accept that it is a news station and leave it at that? There are no more errors in reporting on Fox than there are on CNN or MSNBC or CNBC.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
If Bush is so intelligent,you'd think he would have learned to pronounce "nuclear." Heck, I only went to a state university, and I can do that!
If you go by how many people in the south pronounce words, than most of the people of the south or not intelligent going by your flawed "logic."

Don't they pronounce the word "oil" as "awl."
And "tire irons" as "tar arns."

Does that make them "dumb?"

Old 01-07-2008, 11:35 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,732,168 times
Quote:
If you go by how many people in the south pronounce words, than most of the people of the south or not intelligent going by your flawed "logic."

Don't they pronounce the word "oil" as "awl."
And "tire irons" as "tar arns."

Does that make them "dumb?"
Your right, that doesnt make them dumb but, Bush wanting "you to put food on your family" and have gyns "practice their love for woman" etc. DOES

Old 01-07-2008, 01:07 PM

365 posts, read 697,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I watch CNBC religiously mainly because I work in the financial sector and have a strong interest in financial markets. One thing that I find ridiculous about CNBC is how they refer to Bush as "The MBA President". I mean, he received a MBA from Harvard but how has that made him a better person or a better leader/manager? According to Bush, "Harvard gave me the tools and the vocabulary of the business world" I guess, "nucular" would be one of the business terms he learned at Harvard? How can this guy be Harvard material? Something just does not add up.
well, your question may not belong here, but its still an awesome question and one I ask myself alot too...Bush was saying on television here at work just a few mins ago, that some people didnt deserve to have bought the homes they live in here in America, he said "thats my speculation"....I almost died laughing, what a choice of vocabulary, I cant wait til he climbs back in his saddle and rides off in to the sunset, I hope too HE winds up living in a tepee one day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies