Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 05:03 AM

46,200 posts, read 26,966,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
There's a reason people like the op are on my ignore list. They contribute nothing to this forum but hate and vitriol (not to mention a healthy dose of lunatic fringe hypocrisy).
NEVER....threads like this give me a good laugh and get my day off to the right start...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 05:32 AM

30,208 posts, read 23,629,906 times
As much as people want to deny things have been said on City Data, (yet again), desertdetroiter is right, those things have been said here on CD.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:38 AM

37,767 posts, read 40,889,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?
No reporter in their right mind and with sound head and attached body wants to cover the story. That's my guess.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
As much as people want to deny things have been said on City Data, (yet again), desertdetroiter is right, those things have been said here on CD.
The only thing dd provided was a quote that was actually said by isis.....that he even said may or may not have happened....

Old 12-24-2014, 07:15 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,484,803 times
Quote:
Yeah...i'll be getting to Ebola in a few months. No need to pile on today.

Nah...I'll stick to ISIS for now.

I thought that because that's exactly what everyone (meaning a whole buncha conservatives) said was gonna happen.

In fact, i'm sure you were one of them.

Right. I don't care.

But since you do, what are you doing about it? Is your "care" saving all of those kids being killed?
It wasn't the conservatives who ramped up the fear of ISIS. Obama did it. Have you forgotten the 'degrade and destroy' speech, his sending top military to all the talk shows and press conferences to tell us we've never seen a threat like ISIS. Though you didn't buy it, I'm sure many people who'd reject fear-mongering hyperbole from conservatives, bought it from Obama.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:25 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,195,747 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem as if that big bad boogeyman was all that bad, does it? 5 months ago, they were all the rage...the supposed new Islamic Empire coming to get us all.

And let's not forget for a minute how worked up and apoplectic many Americans were about ISIS..they were gonna conquer the whole Middle East if we didn't go over there and stop them. Then they'd turn their guns on the United States of America, storm our shores, rape and pillage all of our towns, and convert those of us that they didn't manage to decapitate into Muslims.

Guess not, huh?

well sitting safely at your computer I guess it looks pretty good
but over in the middle east where thousands have been slaughtered
they might disagree with you
how many need to be beheaded to wipe off your little smile?
how pathetic
and they captured a pilot having shot down his plane with a heat seeking missile
maybe you will be entertained some more by a video of his beheading unless they have not already done so
or perhaps the pictures of heads they have hacked off and now their kids are using for soccer balls
might give you a chuckle~

Old 12-24-2014, 10:15 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
well sitting safely at your computer I guess it looks pretty good
but over in the middle east where thousands have been slaughtered
they might disagree with you
how many need to be beheaded to wipe off your little smile?
how pathetic
and they captured a pilot having shot down his plane with a heat seeking missile
maybe you will be entertained some more by a video of his beheading unless they have not already done so
or perhaps the pictures of heads they have hacked off and now their kids are using for soccer balls
might give you a chuckle~
I don't live in the Middle East, so that's moot.

If you're concerned about beheadings, go try and stop it. (shrug)

Old 12-24-2014, 10:16 AM

68,298 posts, read 54,193,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
An Israeli retaliation in 1991 could have jeopardized the U.S-led coalition that then included Arab countries like Egypt, Syria and Saudi Arabia. The same is true now.
What's true now as I see it is it's about time the US admits the futility of leading any coalition in the middle east and bows out to let the players in the ME resolve their own issues.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:20 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I even gave them the thread title with all the scaredee-cat postings from people. The poster below actually went to that thread to make sure that he didn't post anything on that thread and came back here happily declaring that he didn't post on it (to his great relief).

Of course all of those things were said...that's obvious. Those things and more. And on other threads about ISIS too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The only thing dd provided was a quote that was actually said by isis.....that he even said may or may not have happened....
There is no proof that ISIS said any of it. It came off of a Twitter feed and a conservative poster put that in his rant as if it was the gospel.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I even gave them the thread title with all the scaredee-cat postings from people. The poster below actually went to that thread to make sure that he didn't post anything on that thread and came back here happily declaring that he didn't post on it (to his great relief).

Of course all of those things were said...that's obvious. Those things and more. And on other threads about ISIS too.

There is no proof that ISIS said any of it. It came off of a Twitter feed and a conservative poster put that in his rant as if it was the gospel.
Thanks again for proving you made a troll thread because of nothing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies