Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 08:03 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You should try some of the other Paradises in this world.
You are one of the fortunate few that can afford to say something like this.

Try living in a shack in Mexico.
Why don't you use Canada, Norway, or Switzerland as examples?
Sounds to me like you've been fed the "free and proud" BS for a bit too long!

Old 12-25-2014, 09:00 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGrohain View Post
The links are shown in your post. Look at what you qouted. I don't know why my links aren't clickable but if you copy and paste the links written in my posts after the http:// you'll get to the websites that I've linked.

The 1300 came from a local Cleveland news station website that the OP linked.Post #133. This one.

Students at Oberlin College seek a "pass" on failing grades because they were out protesting - newsnet5.com Cleveland

The claim that students from Columbia and Harvard are also looking for the same free handouts came from the same website the OP linked to start this thread.
So who started the petition? Not that it makes it okay to pile on. Still...curious who came up with the idea.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Why don't you use Canada, Norway, or Switzerland as examples?
Sounds to me like you've been fed the "free and proud" BS for a bit too long!
I've made comparisons. I can move anywhere in the world and make a good living no problem and am not tied down by family etc. The US. Has its good and bad, but overall (aside from the Alps and parts of new Zealand. ...beautiful...) I am quite a bit in favor of the US.

Check out the restrictive firearm laws in Canada and Switzerland. Then check out the tax rates in some countries like Switzerland! Not for me. Ymmv

Old 12-25-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGrohain View Post
It's just funny to see the same people who were saying "Ofcourse they're asking for free stuff... they're black"... "Those people are always looking for free stuff." "They're a disgrace". Until you find out it's white students and not black begging for the handouts. Now we've got a different story and approach to it. Now its, we can relate, can't we?. Hmmph just Funny.

Almost the same thing that happens when us whites commit certain crimes and are coddled and embraced by the media for being mentally ill, instead of the actual criminal or murderer that person is, so "it was okay that he did it". But when our black bretheren commits the very same crime he's a thug or killer. We should stop with the semantics.
No. Not coddling it at all. However, it's still racist. Noone wanted to skip finals when a Mexican kid got shot identically to Tamir Rice, but a Black being shot...now that's skip/pass/extension worthy! So I don't care who asked for it. It's a load of crap and racially motivated.

Also, I believe it was Blacks at Harvard who started it...so that's why I ask...who got this bright idea, since it seems a point of contention. Here is one source.

http://m.nationallawjournal.com/modu...cle/1729347053
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/william-desmond/36/117/222

That said...here are pictures from the Universities. I see plenty of white faces and arms laying on the ground...

I have always maintained that 13% of the population didn't vote themselves anything. Enabling is as racially degrading as asking for the handouts.

I think that president Johnson has a lot of blame for many things that Blacks are held back by.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1671715/har...am-extensions/

The cycle of "we need..." And "you should have..." is Black and White and needs breaking...

It is the liberal "everyone is a winner regardless of merit" mindset that is the root.

Let's look at those colleges in THAT light...check out those law colleges and you will note that a majority of students self identify as liberals. This tracks with Obama winning the presidency by popular vote. ..politics transcend racial boundaries and almost always have.

Last edited by JWG223; 12-25-2014 at 09:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies