Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 08:05 AM

165 posts, read 169,775 times

Advertisements

No charges for ex-Milwaukee police officer in shooting death of a black man

Quote:
A white former Milwaukee police officer who fatally shot a black man in a city park won’t be charged in the April 30 death
Officer Christopher Manney was justified when he shot Dontre Hamilton 14 times during a physical struggle in which Hamilton grabbed Manney’s baton.

Manney was fired from the police force in October for not following the department’s procedures for dealing with the mentally ill 31-year-old during the incident
No charges for ex-Milwaukee police officer in shooting death of a black man - The Washington Post

What??? He shot him 14 (!!!) TIMES! What kind of fear might make you shoot 14 times in a man, even if he mentally ill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 08:08 AM

45,411 posts, read 60,608,674 times
The training is that you keep firing until the threat stops. If he's standing you keep shooting.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:12 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
The cops was just doing his job.

Only a fool would try to attack a cop.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:03 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The cops was just doing his job.

Only a fool would try to attack a cop.
Sigh. He was schizophrenic. I saw the immediate aftermath as I work in a building right next to Red Arrow. That cop was not even close to the suspect when he went down, I'll say that much. I didn't see the struggle beforehand, just right after he fired the shots. I also noticed how long it took for the cops that came on the scene to give him CPR. And yes, I believe 14 shots is overkill. However, I knew the DA wasn't going to charge him & thankfully, our protestors here have been respectful enough that they're not freaking out or looting. Just a relatively small group of people yesterday who walked from the courthouse down Water St. The cops closed off a part of Water St, that's about all that happened. No protests as of yet today.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:13 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
What??? He shot him 14 (!!!) TIMES! What kind of fear might make you shoot 14 times in a man, even if he mentally ill?
What kind of fear? Fear of a Black man, that's what kind.

Racism pure and simple.

#BlackLivesMatterWayMoreThanAnyOtherMinorityLives

Old 12-23-2014, 09:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post

Racism pure and simple.

Do you look up at the sky while crossing busy streets to make sure a meteor doesn't hit you?

The reason I ask is because a black man is in much greater peril of being killed by another black man than by a police officer.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:46 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you look up at the sky while crossing busy streets to make sure a meteor doesn't hit you?

The reason I ask is because a black man is in much greater peril of being killed by another black man than by a police officer.
I'll have to get back to you on that one. Right now I'm waiting for my white media overlords to tell me whether or not I should be outraged by this incident or not. See, we are kind of laying low now that all our bluster has killed two other minorities (ahhh who am I kidding they were in a police uniform right?) in New York. The game is paused right now...but be on the lookout for a post from Taneshi Coates or Leonard Pitts and all the self hating white women will retweet and some white academic will then bless with an article using the words "institutionalized", "jim crow", "racism", "republican", "conservative", "black baby bodies", "privilege"...then it's back on cuz!

Old 12-24-2014, 03:04 AM

165 posts, read 169,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post

Racism pure and simple.

Negrophobia? Is that what you mean?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:39 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:

No charges for ex-Milwaukee police officer in shooting death of a black man - The Washington Post

Ever heard of Dillon Taylor?

How about Kelly Thomas?

Charles Brown?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:

So, let's riot, break into stores, loot, pillage, set fires ...! Isn't that what you people think the answer is? And because of Obama, Holder, Sharpton (the charlatan) et al stoking the flames of racism (AND THREADS LIKE THIS ONE), two NYC PD officers were executed last week.

All of you who engage in this race baiting, and fanning the flames of racism, have blood on your hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies