Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 10:41 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL....do you have another bogus Thomas Jefferson quote to back that up?
What in the world are you talking about? Jefferson did say rebellion starts with the ignorant. It comes from the same writing that "the tree of liberty ..." that you've loved quoting is from.

As for Pantaleo, there were never previous "excessive force" charges. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 10:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
So a kid got shot (black kid shot by another black kid) in my county and back in the fall. Just one of many over the recent past few years.

Kid who got shot stabbed the kid who shot him....kid stabbed and ran, kid who was stabbed brought a gun to the knife fight.

Kid who stabbed? His mother just couldn't BELIEVE her precious son (who she let run the streets since he could walk...and she's an idiot, I know her - just one more of my famous and pathetic clients).

Quote:
His mother, Tina Riley, said this morning that Burton was one of her four boys and two girls, ranging in age from 14 to 30.

"I knew things were gonna happen," Riley said. "My son was unarmed, he had nothing, maybe a knife."
17-year-old shot and killed in Franklin didn't have a gun, mother says | NJ.com

Tina, you useless baby-making machine you- keep your kids in your house, on a school night or ANY night. Protect what you created like they actually mean something.

But dont worry. The idiot with the gun was caught...and Odell Sullen (the interviewee who was in a stroller at 5 years old and drooling and humming along to "voices in his head"...his mom loved her weed/Boone's Farm/Jack/Gin and Juice. I'm amazed the kid can form a sentence at 26) got out of his stroller.

Franklin teen shot, killed Joell Burton in church parking lot after a fight, prosecutor says | NJ.com

Since both morons were black, there was no rioting...just a "vigil" (and lots of t-shirts for sale) for the poor boy taken too soon and away from a life of crime and gang violence that he was well on his way to being a part of.

So cry me a damn river.

Cops are supposed to parent ******* teen aged thugs? I don't think so. Pull a gun on a cop, charge a cop, you're getting double tapped.

It's not "beer and nuts time with Obama in the Oval".

Last edited by Informed Info; 12-26-2014 at 11:11 PM..

Old 12-26-2014, 10:57 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post
Are you serious?!?! He was frickin 18 years old!! A great majority of 18 year olds are still in high school. He is less than a year removed from being a juvenile.

And onto your pseudo-psychology B.S. (too much Dr. Phil?) "past behavior is indicative of future behavior"...try reading up on the cereal cortex, which is the reasoning centers of the brain that is scientifically demonstrated to NOT develop fully until age 25, and even longer for men. That's why you look back on the 'dumb' things that you did when you were - what - 18 years old or younger - and know that now you would do things differently.

Now you grow up, if possible.
Dr. Phil who? If the shoe fits...

The Cereal Cortex: mix 1/4 cup of almond milk with some air popped rice...but not white rice, that would be racist.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:11 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Are you serious?!?! He was frickin 18 years old!! A great majority of 18 year olds are still in high school. He is less than a year removed from being a juvenile.

And onto your pseudo-psychology B.S. (too much Dr. Phil?) "past behavior is indicative of future behavior"...try reading up on the cereal cortex, which is the reasoning centers of the brain that is scientifically demonstrated to NOT develop fully until age 25, and even longer for men. That's why you look back on the 'dumb' things that you did when you were - what - 18 years old or younger - and know that now you would do things differently.

Now you grow up, if possible.
18 is an adult. I was on my own making my own way and living in a house with my friends at that age. My parents taught me well. They taught me responsibility and to be accountable for myself.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:48 AM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Seriously? His 'juvenile past'? How relevant is that...

Try this on for size:

Let's talk about how the officer failed to:

1. Activate his body cam
2. Activate his dash cam
3. Immediately seek and/or administer medical attention
4. Immediately call an ambulance
5. Use the judgment of a 3 year old who can discern the difference between an iPhone and 'something bad', i.e., weapon.

Essentially, the coward failed in his due diligence to serve the public good. He assassinated an unarmed, innocent, boy in cold blood. The officer is responsible for this death, and should be swiftly indicted.
He's dead he deserved it. It wouldn't matter if he was white, yellow, tan, purple or pink. Move on.. Your posts are beyond asinine.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:40 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Remember Ferguson? White Mayor, White City Council, 68% Black population, White Cop, Black 18 year old dead kid that resisted the Police Officer and even attacked him. Story was ..... They are all racist, it's wrong for Ferguson to not have Black Leadership. Riots, Looting, Demonstrations, Burning-Burning-Burning and attacks on the Police. This was supposed to be "proof" of "racism" and Justification for "protests".

Now we have Berkely, MO .... just a few miles away from Ferguson and the same actions by the crowds of "protestors". They converged on the crime scene within an hour of the shooting, something between 200-300 angry people who came with Bricks, Rocks, Bottle Rockets and implements to smash windows.

The Wall Street Journal had some interesting information about Berkeley, MO They have a pay-wall, so I will just list the statistics.

Berkley has a little over 9,000 people and is 80% Black. They have a Black Mayor & majority (if not totally) Black City Council. More than 50% of their small Police Force is Black. Like Ferguson, Berkeley called in the St Louis County Police Department .... which has authority all over the State and TOP Investigative Unit in the State of MO.

None of the Demographics made a Hill of Beans difference to the crowds that immediately showed to "protest". They didn't even know what happened, and they didn't care .... the ONLY thing any of them cared about at all is that the Dead Guy was Black and the Police Officer was White.

Now they know more -- the video is out there, the gun recovered, the Criminal Record revealed, a reported robbery -- it still doesn't matter. Facts are inconvenient & don't fit the preconceived narrative - so they are ignored. Protests and Riots are just a Fun activity now, they have NO meaning or relationship to reality. Smash and Grab is Entertainment.
this sums it up. most people don't care what they are protesting for or about, it is the "in thing" to do, and they go with the flow. Do people even stop and read what they post ? The gun was planted? the officer shouldn't have feared for his life? The object was a white I phone? really? You libs would soil your panties if you came across these situations these officers deal with all the time.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:39 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
There were eyewitnesses that would have seen the cop plant the gun. I'm sure the cop felt real comfortable hiding the phone, planting the gun, and making sure his fingerprints were on it, all in front of witnesses.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:44 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:

And onto your pseudo-psychology B.S. (too much Dr. Phil?) "past behavior is indicative of future behavior"...try reading up on the cereal cortex, which is the reasoning centers of the brain that is scientifically demonstrated to NOT develop fully until age 25

Old 12-27-2014, 08:42 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
There is a never-ending supply of idiots who will believe something even when facts prove otherwise.
YEP - they easily believe the myths of:

1. A man with his Hands Up was shot execution style in the back of the head while charging a Police Officer
2. A man fired 3 shots from a Turkey Sandwich at a Police Officer.
3. A man had no trouble speaking when he supposedly had no breath and was choking.
4. All witnesses and all forensic evidence to the contrary of items 1, 2 & 3 should be disregarded.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
YEP - they easily believe the myths of:

1. A man with his Hands Up was shot execution style in the back of the head while charging a Police Officer
2. A man fired 3 shots from a Turkey Sandwich at a Police Officer.
3. A man had no trouble speaking when he supposedly had no breath and was choking.
4. All witnesses and all forensic evidence to the contrary of items 1, 2 & 3 should be disregarded.
Yep.....that sums it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies