Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 07:45 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewww View Post
Just as Jesus would have said.

When I lived in Japan I laughed at the superstitious deep down but I respected their surface beliefs. They held to a high standard of living and morality, generally speaking.

With American Christians, it's almost like believing in Jesus gives them moral permission to be awful, dumb, uneducated human beings.

Jesus was a hippie, non violent above all.

You'd think he was a war lord talking to 'merican middle America christians.
As soon as many atheists stop trying to act like all Christians are alike, then maybe I'll take them more seriously. My mother figure is very Christian, and she is none of those things you just described.

As soon as many atheists stop throwing a fit anytime someone comments, "It was a miracle, God bless them", then maybe I'll take them more seriously.

As soon as many atheists stop saying stupid things like has been said on this thread, "fairy in the sky", then maybe I'll take them more seriously.

The fact remains: No one knows jack squat. We all have theories.

And just as soon as atheists realize that not all who may believe in something are not all Christians, then maybe I'll take them more seriously.

What I see from many atheists, (notice here I have not said "all"), is anger. Some atheists like to write that they "follow the teachings of Jesus more closely than a Christian", but their actions speak otherwise.

Atheists do not know.

Christians do not know.

No one knows.

If someone wants to believe something, who. cares. What I believe or don't believe does not have any bearing on your life. None at all.

A Christian telling someone they are going to hell for not believing can be ignored if you don't believe it. Why do you (general you), get all upset and livid? If you are that comfortable in what you believe, or don't believe, then it shouldn't matter what anyone says.

I don't believe in a hell. A Christian telling me I'm going to hell because I question the Bible doesn't upset me one bit. Who cares, they aren't the decision maker in what happens when we die.

If nothing happens, and you just become a pile of dust again, then who gives a flip what "horrible things" a Christian has said to you?

If you have faith in some other religion, then who cares what anyone says to you?

If you are like me, right in the middle somewhere, and someone answers in a way that is condescending, or they can't admit that they don't have all of the answers, (because no one does), then go find someone else.

No Christians nor atheists have convinced me of a single thing...and I've been asking for a very, very long time.

There's only one atheist in this entire thread who has made any type of points that are historical points, that can be looked up and verified. Everything else thus far has been nothing but a bunch of garbage.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:58 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
A
There's only one atheist in this entire thread who has made any type of points that are historical points, that can be looked up and verified. Everything else thus far has been nothing but a bunch of garbage.
That's one more than the Christian posters who rely on faith not facts.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That's one more than the Christian posters who rely on faith not facts.
And that's the condescending attitude I was talking about.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
And that's the condescending attitude I was talking about.
This long thread was started by a condescending Christian, and fed by other condescending Christians, yet your criticisms are directed at the atheist posters.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
This long thread was started by a condescending Christian, and fed by other condescending Christians, yet your criticisms are directed at the atheist posters.
Did you not read my entire post? I surely did not favor Christians in there, either. But if you want to play your victim card, by all means, do so.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
LOL! Just can't help yourself. Rave on!

Old 12-26-2014, 08:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
As soon as many atheists stop trying to act like all Christians are alike, then maybe I'll take them more seriously. My mother figure is very Christian, and she is none of those things you just described.

As soon as many atheists stop throwing a fit anytime someone comments, "It was a miracle, God bless them", then maybe I'll take them more seriously.

As soon as many atheists stop saying stupid things like has been said on this thread, "fairy in the sky", then maybe I'll take them more seriously.

The fact remains: No one knows jack squat. We all have theories.

And just as soon as atheists realize that not all who may believe in something are not all Christians, then maybe I'll take them more seriously.

What I see from many atheists, (notice here I have not said "all"), is anger. Some atheists like to write that they "follow the teachings of Jesus more closely than a Christian", but their actions speak otherwise.

Atheists do not know.

Christians do not know.

No one knows.
Well, of the "atheists" you speak, I doubt they care.
I'm an atheist and I've never met another atheist that gave a hoot who took them seriously.
It must be in our DNA

Old 12-26-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Did you not read my entire post? I surely did not favor Christians in there, either. But if you want to play your victim card, by all means, do so.
I'll play the math card. About 20 sentences most of which are critical of atheists and none which are critical of Christians.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:38 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I can fix the problem with atheists and public displays during the holidays. Don't allow any display to have words. Since atheists don't believe in anything, they can display nothing.
Atheists don't believe in an unknown entity to show them the way. They believe in themselves. And that's pretty powerful. What is wrong with believing you have control of your life instead of thinking a higher power controls you.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:45 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
[quote=andrewww;37782406]"Atheist" shouldn't be a word.

In context we should just say "emotionally mature grown-up".[
/QUOTE]

Many believe in god and no one should belittle anyone's beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies