Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 11:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,367,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It is the point of the article. Believe what you want and allow others to do the same.
Have it your way.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:49 AM

18,438 posts, read 19,093,822 times
so on xmas the op needs demean people for what they believe. all because they do not believe like the op.

so compassionate towards my fellow man on this fine day. gee WWJD?

BTW this should be in the religion folder.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:51 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,823,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, how was it created? Where did the universe come from? What energy created it, and from what source?
I don't know, and feel no urgency to come up with an opinion. Now, I'd *love* to know these things, but the scientific evidence is yet in a state of flux.

Why do you think that definite answers to these questions are necessary?

Old 12-25-2014, 11:51 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,472,664 times
Quote:
It seems appropriate at this time of year to reflect on why we believe what we believe, and to ponder the strange logic of those who don't.

Articles: The Anti-Christmas Atheist MissionariesBelieving that something came from nothing, takes a lot of faith.
I ponder the strange logic of those who find it necessary to place some as yet unprovable being in their logic train. i know of no one who gives a flip about what you choose to place as christmas decorations on your private property. Yet you feel the need to post some drivel in an effort to try to make those who choose not to believe as you do into some sort of lesser human than yourself. If you were to be truly honest with yourself you could admit you believe what you believe because it soothes your ego.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:53 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
Quote:
Have it your way.
Agreed.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:55 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
I ponder the strange logic of those who find it necessary to place some as yet unprovable being in their logic train. i know of no one who gives a flip about what you choose to place as christmas decorations on your private property. Yet you feel the need to post some drivel in an effort to try to make those who choose not to believe as you do into some sort of lesser human than yourself. If you were to be truly honest with yourself you could admit you believe what you believe because it soothes your ego.
I can't imagine that anything I believe is done so to soothe my ego but if that makes you feel better over the fact that all people do not believe the same as you, so be it.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so on xmas the op needs demean people for what they believe. all because they do not believe like the op.

so compassionate towards my fellow man on this fine day. gee WWJD?

BTW this should be in the religion folder.
No, because it's not about religion, per sé. It is really about an attitude that atheists have that is a bit hypocritical; if you read the article ... which it seems you didn't.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Nothing could be further from the truth. You didn't read the article either, did you.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:58 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,823,566 times
Quote:
How about archaeological and historical evidence (supported by that archaeology)?
Exactly which story are you talking about?

Example - Jericho actually existed. It actually was destroyed and rebuilt numerous times (as is true of a lot of ancient cities). Did any of those destructions involve the sun standing still in the sky? No corroborating evidence from the numerous astronomical centers of the time, who surely would have made *a very large deal* about it.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:02 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,602,006 times
Quote:
Nothing could be further from the truth. You didn't read the article either, did you.
That article is one giant hypocrisy. Claiming that atheists are condescending yet here you are, doing that very same thing just as the author did. It's funny that the author & you didn't even catch on to the hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies