Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 03:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times

Advertisements

A traffic ticket is a criminal record.so no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,824,304 times
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, 30 percent of America’s adult population has a criminal record.
How to Fairly Hire Applicants With Criminal Records - DiversityInc

Illegal immigrants are criminals. There's only a few million of those. We have more criminals than they have...and they are ALL criminal.

What a weird country.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
It just shows that the ole 1% your mother warned you about has grown. Not surprising in a whatever turns you on world more and more.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:25 PM

16,503 posts, read 8,568,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There's always an excuse. Racism. Rich white people. The correctional money-making complex. Rogue cops (by which I mean most cops). The burning need to feel superior to "someone".

Take responsibility for your own actions and your own decisions. Obey the law. Work your damn asses off for what you want. It's not hard. But then even though its not hard it's still easier to excuse make.

Stop freakin whining. You have it rough? Big freakin deal. We all have it rough in one way or another. You want to say your rough life is worse than somebody elses rough life? You don't know what you're talking about. Stop complaining. Stop deflecting. Stop blaming someone else (everyone else) for your own lousy choices. Get off your dead ass, find some internal fortitude and FIX your own life.

And to the OP - instead of whining about criminals and chicken not mixing, take a step back and ask yourself why a chicken place would want to hire someone with a criminal background over someone who does NOT have a criminal background.

Not. Rocket. Science.
Well said.

Yet the same people who are against tort reform, would be the first to sue if XYZ Chicken hired a criminal and they harmed a customer. Heck I cannot even imagine how much McDonalds might have to pay for the crazed employees who have attacked customers and fellow employees;

Video inside the linked article;

VIDEO: Woman savagely beaten in front of her 2-year-old - NY Daily News

or this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utidor-tr60

Yet Eric Holder wants employers to overlook the past criminal records of "his people"

`

Old 01-19-2015, 09:29 PM

37,948 posts, read 17,844,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well said.

Yet the same people who are against tort reform, would be the first to sue if XYZ Chicken hired a criminal and they harmed a customer. Heck I cannot even imagine how much McDonalds might have to pay for the crazed employees who have attacked customers and fellow employees;

Video inside the linked article;

VIDEO: Woman savagely beaten in front of her 2-year-old - NY Daily News

or this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utidor-tr60

Yet Eric Holder wants employers to overlook the past criminal records of "his people"

`
Because the one time actions, though disgraceful, represent an entire race.
Walk in their shoes.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:48 PM

16,503 posts, read 8,568,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because the one time actions, though disgraceful, represent an entire race.
Walk in their shoes.
Those are your words not mine.

If anything it is obvious you are biased to assume most criminals are one time offenders.
Furthermore, don't you see how biased our AG is by trying to look out for black folks more than all citizens?
I have never seen such a divisive president in my lifetime, nor such a blatantly racist AG. I think MLK would actually be ashamed of how Obama has turned out to be so racially divisive. MLK preached unity and spoke to all peoples dreams, not just to those of his own race.

The point of course is why should the federal government be trying to mandate whom employers hire, and what criteria they use in their process.
I doubt that if a business hired an ex-con and he stole from them, or harmed a customer/fellow employee, the federal government will take care of his losses. Do you?

`

Old 01-20-2015, 12:32 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,844,201 times
Quote:
Those are your words not mine.
Noted

Quote:
If anything it is obvious you are biased to assume most criminals are one time offenders.
I don't necessarily consider someone a criminal because they broke a law. **

Quote:
Furthermore, don't you see how biased our AG is by trying to look out for black folks more than all citizens?
Don't you see how biased law enforcement is when minorities use drugs at roughly the same rates as whites yet minorities, especially those from the inner city, get arrested and serve jail time at a significantly higher rate?

Quote:
I have never seen such a divisive president in my lifetime, nor such a blatantly racist AG.
Obama is horrific, Holder isn't very good either imo

Quote:
I think MLK would actually be ashamed of how Obama has turned out to be so racially divisive. MLK preached unity and spoke to all peoples dreams, not just to those of his own race.
A hero who practiced civil disobedience. **whoopsie according to you he's a criminal and was arrested more than once

Quote:
The point of course is why should the federal government be trying to mandate whom employers hire, and what criteria they use in their process.
Agreed, Take title 7, I think it is, that relates to a private business out of the CRA and I'll be happy. Private businesses should be able to discriminate. I don't want them to but respect the property rights of others. We the people will out them for the defective creatures they are. Government doesn't own private enterprise. No ones rights would be violated. No one has a right to a job at anothers business.

Quote:
I doubt that if a business hired an ex-con and he stole from them, or harmed a customer/fellow employee, the federal government will take care of his losses. Do you?

`
If that business was on Wall Street they might

Take a leak outside and someone sees you, you make the sex offender list. Companies see that moniker and dont care what the explanation is. "If something happens we could sued"

Obey the law? So you'd report a mixed race couple who wants to get married even though its illegal in that state. You'd narc on a person of Japanese descent and have their property taken away because all people of Japanese descent were on Japans side during WW2? But now that it is no longer a law its okay? Whats the difference? Because government said so?

A day before and after prohibition it's okay to sell booze but during prohibition you're a criminal because government said so?

Old 01-20-2015, 12:38 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
There are plenty of studies and polls showing support for those statements. America is not a happy country. Millions of our people are wasting the irreplaceable hours and days of their lives in dead end "jobs" that don't even pay a subsistence wage. We have a sick, diseased society consumed with materialism, disdain for other peoples, zero regard for the future of the world, and an insane thirst for blood of those who strike back against what our government does around the world.

Hmmm...razor, razor...I can`t seem to find that darned razor...

Old 01-20-2015, 12:42 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Actually just read a story about a poll lined on Drudge that religious people are happy. You kind find the link yourself if you're not too bummed out.

Lot's of bad stuff is happening no question. But, Merry Christmas!

In U.S., Churchgoers Boast Better Mood, Especially on Sundays

Old 01-20-2015, 03:17 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,117,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If they cannot afford the fine, they should not speed but they are not going to jail for speeding. Claiming otherwise is dishonest.
They will arrest you for not being able to pay fines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies