Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 09:19 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,381,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
What crooks are trying to take that away from her?

she does not work for a corporation she works for a school that is paid for by my tax dollars. In other words her whole life is paid for by those of us that pay taxes.
Not exactly. Your taxes don't pay for anything, actually. You have been duped by the big lie.

Quote:
I do not have any anger about that, of course you would know that if you actually read what I said, I do have an issue with those that refuse to take the help provided because it requires work from them, and turn around and complain how nobody will help them. If one chooses not to do anything for themselves, than why do they deserve someone else paying all their bills? What gives you or anybody else the right to anybody else's money? That young mother is thankful for all the help she gets, but she is at least trying to do something with her life, the ones that **** me and many others off are the ones who cannot work a physical labor job because they not in good enough shape, or any other number of excuses that comes down to they don't want to so we have to pay for them.
Why do you care so much about what other people do? Get over it.

The people you are referring to are the minority. They are far less of an impact on your life than the money you shell out every month to pay for Walmart to keep its rediculously low pay to feed its shareholders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 09:25 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,164,418 times
I'm not callous towards the downtrodden. I understand that millions of people are of very low intelligence and can't be expected to make good life decisions, but I reject the idea that they should be rewarded for the poor choices that they make.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:27 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,730,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Not exactly. Your taxes don't pay for anything, actually. You have been duped by the big lie.
Oh yep the whole world is a big lie, everything would be free if only not for the Illuminati am I right? Can I borrow your tin foil hat when you are done with it?

Quote:
Why do you care so much about what other people do? Get over it.

The people you are referring to are the minority. They are far less of an impact on your life than the money you shell out every month to pay for Walmart to keep its rediculously low pay to feed its shareholders.

Ridiculously low pay? do you do any research or just go along with what the media and your people tell you? My mother just retired from Walmart with over a million dollars in her retirement account, after making over $100K a year as a store manager, after starting there 20 years ago as a part time clerk making just over minimum wage. How many other retail stores do that for their employees? Hey those guys in their 20s that choose to push carts for a living make minimum wage, they should get more, after all only every adult with an iq of over 50 can do their job, but they deserve a living wage out of the goodness of your heart from others wallets.

As for me getting over it, why do you care what I think? how about you get over it and yourself? I care because I am tired of watching our government spend my money to make life harder on guys like me trying to support my family, while others sit around and ***** about how unfair life is while they collect my tax money.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:33 PM

2,923 posts, read 5,594,519 times
wal-mart employees look like they are homeless.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I'm not callous towards the downtrodden. I understand that millions of people are of very low intelligence and can't be expected to make good life decisions, but I reject the idea that they should be rewarded for the poor choices that they make.
Translation:

The poor can **** off and go die.

Quote:
Oh yep the whole world is a big lie, everything would be free if only not for the Illuminati am I right? Can I borrow your tin foil hat when you are done with it?
Yes, the entire world is a big lie. The entire world has embraced neoliberal economics using money that is not real. It is a pretty simple concept.

Quote:
Ridiculously low pay? do you do any research or just go along with what the media and your people tell you? My mother just retired from Walmart with over a million dollars in her retirement account, after making over $100K a year as a store manager, after starting there 20 years ago as a part time clerk making just over minimum wage. How many other retail stores do that for their employees? Hey those guys in their 20s that choose to push carts for a living make minimum wage, they should get more, after all only every adult with an iq of over 50 can do their job, but they deserve a living wage out of the goodness of your heart from others wallets.
Anecdotal
Using a personal experience or isolated example in place of sound argument or compelling evidence.

Walmart has the largest amount of workers on food stamps in this country.

Quote:
As for me getting over it, why do you care what I think? how about you get over it and yourself? I care because I am tired of watching our government spend my money to make life harder on guys like me trying to support my family, while others sit around and ***** about how unfair life is while they collect my tax money.
Sorry to burst your bubble, your tax money doesn't fund anything.

Now, don't you feel a huge burden lifted off your shoulder? Hopefully you will be less hostile.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
wal-mart employees look like they are homeless.
Pay them a better wage.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:53 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,164,418 times
Quote:
Translation:

The poor can **** off and go die.
Your translation skills need some work.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:09 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,730,715 times
Quote:
Translation:

Yes, the entire world is a big lie. The entire world has embraced neoliberal economics using money that is not real. It is a pretty simple concept.
If you do not agree that money has any value, than what has value, and how do you measure that value?

Quote:
Anecdotal
Using a personal experience or isolated example in place of sound argument or compelling evidence.

Walmart has the largest amount of workers on food stamps in this country.
Walmart is also the biggest employer in the country, in an industry known for low wages, if another retailer was larger than that retailer would have the largest amount of employees on food stamps. If you choose to do nothing with your life nor develop skills that others will pay for, than you will be making minimum wage, that is the way it goes.

I also know for a fact what people at walmart make, outside of the cart pushers nobody there makes minimum wage, and even department managers make a wage equal to the median income in my area, and yours probably as well.

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, your tax money doesn't fund anything.

Now, don't you feel a huge burden lifted off your shoulder? Hopefully you will be less hostile.
Once again make your argument, instead of throwing platitudes out there. Fact is whether you agree with the rest of the world, this fiat money that we all depend on to pay our bills has a value, as has been agreed with around the world, our government spends that money to buy goods and services for others, that money comes both from us and from borrowing from the federal reserve. The money we pay in comes from our labor, which they use to purchase those good and pay payments on the interest to the federal reserve. meaning yes tax payers fund our government through our labor who then use those proceeds to fund programs.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:29 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,963,893 times
I think the OP came off a little heavy handed and overly negative. However there is a genuine point to be made that government in a republic is a direct reflection of the people. People often complain that our elected officials are bad but who is voting them in? They're not being placed in there on their own. Americans complain over and over again about the president and Congress yet incumbents almost always get reelected.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:49 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,799,834 times
Quote:

How did she accumulate on average $50,000 a year starting out as a part-timer making minimum wage 20 years ago?

Maybe you should work there if you don't already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies