Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: are chemtrail real?
yes 42 23.73%
no 120 67.80%
I don't know 9 5.08%
I don't wanna know 6 3.39%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:19 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,444,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
I agree, not right now at least.
It seems the opposition to the truth of these chemtrails are more obsessed with.... the act of obesessing over conspiracy theories than any intelligent discussion upon the actual topic.
Exactly. Don't even get me started on elk trails.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:22 PM

214 posts, read 279,277 times
What do you mean are they real? Really what?

In the sky? Yea

Out to kill us.. nope I doubt it

Old 01-04-2015, 09:51 PM

14,830 posts, read 8,464,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you in the past been convinced by the evidence for, in no order:
  • Sandy Hook being a conspiracy
  • 9/11 being an inside job
  • Vaccinations being linked to autism
  • and the moon landings being faked?

No offense, but it appears we disagree a bit on what constitutes convincing evidence.
In order for evidence to be considered "convincing", one would first have to be open to new information. For those who have already become entrenched in a particular position, no such openness exists, and therefore, it is impossible to provide them with "convincing" evidence.

Classic example of this is your list above. While I will not derail the thread by addressing each one comprehensively, let me just call attention to the fact that for numerous years, many have presented pretty compelling evidence showing a link between autism and vaccines. I have outlined my own personal experience with this that proved such a link, beyond any doubt. Be that as it may, I can understand how a skeptic might dismiss personal accounts in favor of the "official" line coming from the accepted authority position (CDC) denying such a link. BUT .... when an insider at the CDC who participated in the CDC testing comes foreword as a whistle blower, and presents internal CDC documents which revealed that such a link between autism and the MMR vaccine was indeed found during the testing, and subsequently covered up .... that should qualify as convincing evidence to anyone who is capable of rational thought.

There are several possible explanations for why someone would reject such compelling and convincing evidence ... none of them very flattering.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:24 PM

14,830 posts, read 8,464,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What boggles the mind is how a moving part (rotor discs either propellers or in certain jets either turbojets or high bypass ratio jets) combined with certain moisture conditions at altitude can be completely misconstrued by those with over active imaginations. Along with those who affirm those delusions for their own personal aggrandizements.

My little Cheyenne has produced contrails.
I really don't think you have a real understanding about contrail formation, or aviation in general .... based on what you just said and didn't say.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:11 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,527,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

My little Cheyenne has produced contrails.
I know what you are saying.... I found some of them contrails in which you speak... ceptin the guy who took the vid called it Chemtrails?? can you go tell him its contrails..... Prease....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lli-DWyKiaI

Old 01-04-2015, 11:21 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,527,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
In order for evidence to be considered "convincing", one would first have to be open to new information. For those who have already become entrenched in a particular position, no such openness exists, and therefore, it is impossible to provide them with "convincing" evidence.

Classic example of this is your list above. While I will not derail the thread by addressing each one comprehensively, let me just call attention to the fact that for numerous years, many have presented pretty compelling evidence showing a link between autism and vaccines. I have outlined my own personal experience with this that proved such a link, beyond any doubt. Be that as it may, I can understand how a skeptic might dismiss personal accounts in favor of the "official" line coming from the accepted authority position (CDC) denying such a link. BUT .... when an insider at the CDC who participated in the CDC testing comes foreword as a whistle blower, and presents internal CDC documents which revealed that such a link between autism and the MMR vaccine was indeed found during the testing, and subsequently covered up .... that should qualify as convincing evidence to anyone who is capable of rational thought.

There are several possible explanations for why someone would reject such compelling and convincing evidence ... none of them very flattering.
Great post....

seems once people got there minds set on?? False info, the info wars then begin. because they were fed something they though was tasty, when dessert comes along they don;t have room to digest or even entertain the menu.

The sad is the atrocities they put before us and expect us to...... believe.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:31 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,118,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I really don't think you have a real understanding about contrail formation, or aviation in general .... based on what you just said and didn't say.
I have more of an understanding than you think. Since I have been flying since 1979 and type rated in many aircraft even those not normally used anymore. I have studied weather phenomena and the effect aircraft have while passing through a region of airspace.

B-17's flying formation over Germany at 33,000 ft produced contrails. And many types of rotating parts be it propeller or rotors in a jet engine can produce contrails. Depending on winds aloft and the strength of the jet stream will determine how long the contrails last at altitude before dissipating.

This theory that spraying occurs at that altitude is just utter fantasy. Any thing sprayed at that altitude is evaporated. Ever heard of virga? Look it up.

When a aircraft descends from cold air to warm air, contrails or vapor can form from the engines to wing surfaces. Air temperature and humidity play a factor.

These "reports" from pilots who claim they have sprayed are usually discredited by the airlines as having been released from work for having mental issues.

Nothing in this world can convince me that "spraying" is going on. The whole premise borders on the lunacy.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,118,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
I know what you are saying.... I found some of them contrails in which you speak... ceptin the guy who took the vid called it Chemtrails?? can you go tell him its contrails..... Prease....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lli-DWyKiaI
Unbelievable.

Density altitude and humidity can vary.

And anything "sprayed" at that high altitude evaporates. Gone.

Look up what virga is.

And at that to your conspiracy.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:33 AM

24,338 posts, read 22,887,254 times
To the OP, make it possible to see who and how people voted. I'm thinking a bunch of people very new to the board chimed in on the subject.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:46 AM

46,757 posts, read 25,673,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
not sure if this convinces you.... not sure if anything can..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_810nqkCyNk
Now it's rocket fuel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies