Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,480 times

Advertisements

4. Hunting for food: okay, some people living deep in flyover country might need to kill some animals once in a while to survive. This is literally the only valid reason for owning a gun.

3. Sporting Purposes: okay, shooting guns is fun. But smoking crack is fun too, and its illegal. So is racing cars on public highways. So is owning a pet lion. If you want to test your accuracy, there are bows and arrows or darts.

2. Hunting for sport: if you don't need to hunt to survive, but hunt anyways, then skrew you. You are a sadistic person who gets his jollies killing innocent animals.

1. Self defense: you are 43 times more likely to have a gun grabbed out of your hands by an intruder and be shot with it, than to use to successfully in self defense. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...99310073291506

There are only about 200 self defense shootings in a year. There are about 30,000 other gun deaths.
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/...-gun-use/?_r=0

Old 04-03-2015, 01:38 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Sorry but you are not special, you are in no position to tell someone the "valid reasons" for owning something.

Here is the number one reason for owning a gun.

1) Because they want a gun

They want the gun so they buy it.. no big deal.

I'm not going to get upset with someone else buying his or her own gun with his or her own money.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:40 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorc140 View Post
4. Hunting for food: okay, some people living deep in flyover country might need to kill some animals once in a while to survive. This is literally the only valid reason for owning a gun.

3. Sporting Purposes: okay, shooting guns is fun. But smoking crack is fun too, and its illegal. So is racing cars on public highways. So is owning a pet lion. If you want to test your accuracy, there are bows and arrows or darts.

2. Hunting for sport: if you don't need to hunt to survive, but hunt anyways, then skrew you. You are a sadistic person who gets his jollies killing innocent animals.

1. Self defense: you are 43 times more likely to have a gun grabbed out of your hands by an intruder and be shot with it, than to use to successfully in self defense. MMS: Error

There are only about 200 self defense shootings in a year. There are about 30,000 other gun deaths.
If you don't like the second amendment, then move to another country. It's never ever going to change in the US.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:

1. Self defense: you are 43 times more likely to have a gun grabbed out of your hands by an intruder and be shot with it, than to use to successfully in self defense. MMS: Error

Because I want to own them and owning them is my Right, why I own them is none of your business. Don't want to own a gun, then don't, that is your Right. See how simple it is.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:42 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
LOL

there is one single reason for owning a gun. The constitution says that right shall not be infringed.

what that means is, the right is innate and government has NO RIGHT to take it away. period. move along.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:45 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,215 times
Yeah! Let's repeal the 2nd amendment and get rid of all guns! I'm sure the criminals will be first in line to turn in their "legally purchased" firearms, right?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
When President Hillary appoints new members to the supreme court after 2016, the first thing they will do is overturn Heller vs. DC
You believe that nonsense?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
You'd be singing a different song if that guy shot up the school your children go to, huh?
I would not be singing a song if that happened

If that happened i would be worried about his state of mind, not the gun.

(i know this is getting old) but its same as not getting mad at cars when someone you know gets killed by a drink driver.... you get mad at the driver.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
most handguns used in crime were bought at gun shows in states with no background checks
Hey i will support background checks

just don't call people stupid just because THEY bought something YOU don't like.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:50 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,177 times
What happens when we outlaw or prohibit the sale/ownership of something? They are still purchased/attained illegally, generally from criminals. We shouldn't prohibit guns anymore than we should prohibit drugs. If you prohibit them by law people who want them bad enough will still get them and there's no way to trace it. If you make it legal to purchase but have a legal process and screening to purchase it, then people won't turn to criminals to purchase them. Same goes for drugs, legalize them and control the sale of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies