Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 02:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqblaze View Post
Yes it works for some....
You know how many men set out to become billionaires? Only 1% actually succeed..
Im not saying African Americans should give up this belief, but they should also be grounded in reality...It RARELY works out that way...

Those white billionaires, most inherited that wealth anyway or were given opportunities many blacks do not have....This is not theory, this is reality and we must be realistic...Poverty doesnt end over night by believing in yourself only...the system must work for the player to achieve and right now the system, the policies, the government, the peoples ideologies..its all not working in favor of the Black man..this is just the reality of the situation.
I did not say that believing in yourself guaranteed success.

I said that not believing in yourself guarantees failure.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So a black man locked up for Marijuana possession deserved to be ripped away from his family?

Don't go acting all noble like he screwed up either. Whites are more likely to possess marijuana, yet almost never get arrested for it.
The answer, of course, is stay away from pot.

Whining by claiming the other guy stole cookies first isn't a solution.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:32 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The answer, of course, is stay away from pot.

Whining by claiming the other guy stole cookies first isn't a solution.
Marijuana should be de-criminalized to begin with.

The answer is not to stay away from pot. The answer is the government needs to leave people alone. The answer also is to enforce laws equally with no preferences.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Yes, it has bearing on today

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

Is why there is so much black crime, despair, suicide, and ghetto behavior.

When you insist that some unchangeable past event with no bearing, relationship, effect, meaning, importance, or reason for the behavior of the present, you are purposely attempting to prevent the realization of the actual problems. Blaming what's not at fault and focusing solely on that, is how you forever continue the problem and forever continue the industry of race baiting.
As much as Whites embrace their own psychological issues and health in any and everything and for any reason, it's surprising to see their ignorance when discussing Black's psychological health. Black crime, despair, suicide (which is much lower than Whites and all other groups so not sure why you even mentioned that), and ghetto behavior is the consequence of internalizing all of the psychological damage that has been inflicted by unleashed White racism and White superiority for a few hundred years.

I'm sure you and many other Whites don't won't to hear the truth which you call "blaming what's not at fault". Since you weren't there, not only do you not won't to be blamed but you don't want the White race blamed either: from either racial pride or due to not wanting guilt by association. However, we can't undo history.

Historically there are Whites who were at fault and that can't be glossed over simply because it makes some people feel bad. No group of people are perfect, not even close, although they might have made a lot of great accomplishments in science, medicine, commerce, industry, and building a great country on the backs of one group of people while stealing the land of another group.

This is not to excuse Blacks' bad behavior because, when a person knows right from wrong, even if said person is traumatized, they still accountable for their behavior. As horrible as our deep wounds are, they are indeed curable, but it won't happen overnight.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:44 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqblaze View Post
but thats beside the point when the issue is how do we correct the problem? Killing the minority off wont solve the problem if the majority is at the root...you must uproot the poisoned tree...The infected majority will just infect some other minority group...We go back to 0 where it began...the majority...the root of the issue...
Even the lowest of the economic classes were better off when the economy was strong, and jobs were more plentiful. When the economy was strong more people had more extra money to spend on their wants as opposed to their needs. The extra disposable income was not just a result of the strong economy, it helped create the strong economy. More people spending meant more people working to provide the products and services people spend their money on.

So how do we get back to that? People need more disposable income. You can start by working harder or you can start by taking less out of the pockets of those that are already working harder. Or better yet, you can get people to start working harder AND start taking less out of the pockets of people who are already working harder. The former is up to you and you alone. The latter is up to you to vote in the politicians that preach lower taxes and self responsibility.

You now have the answer. What do you plan to do about it?

Old 12-27-2014, 02:52 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Agreed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
White people, right? Is it okay if we blame those who put the system into place that would ensure blacks are never born into the same opportunities as whites?

In 2014, I feel that most of the responsibility lies on those blacks who have "made it" and have the power to make a change within our community. But it will always be the white man's fault. Always.

So I'll say what I say to all of my black family and friends: we didn't get ourselves into this mess but we are the only ones who can get ourselves out.

"We didn't get ourselves into this mess but we are the only ones who can get ourselves out".
Amen!!

I think threads like the OP starts when a Black person asks themselves the question, how did we get in this mess? They investigate and find there is a historical paper trail which leads to the origins. Then said person verbally acknowledges the origins in a sense of saying "oh, so I'm not crazy there is a logical explanation for my psychological issues which include self-sabotaging and often backwards behavior". Upon hearing this, "other" people become very antsy and upset because they don't like a historical trail that doesn't paint them in a grand, virtuous, and heroic light. However, a Black person asking themselves the initial question, which leads to post like the OP, is an important step for that person to move forward.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Marijuana should be de-criminalized to begin with.

The answer is not to stay away from pot. The answer is the government needs to leave people alone. The answer also is to enforce laws equally with no preferences.
Of course the answer is to stay away from Pot.

Sheesh. Addling your brain is yet another self imposed disadvantage.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
As much as Whites embrace their own psychological issues and health in any and everything and for any reason, it's surprising to see their ignorance when discussing Black's psychological health. Black crime, despair, suicide (which is much lower than Whites and all other groups so not sure why you even mentioned that), and ghetto behavior is the consequence of internalizing all of the psychological damage that has been inflicted by unleashed White racism and White superiority for a few hundred years.
If you are claiming this is genetic, show me the evidence.

Otherwise, what happened in 1840 has absolutely NO bearing on what someone living today has "internally".

I
Quote:
'm sure you and many other Whites don't won't to hear the truth which you call "blaming what's not at fault". Since you weren't there, not only do you not won't to be blamed but you don't want the White race blamed either: from either racial pride or due to not wanting guilt by association. However, we can't undo history.
This has nothing to do with race. It has to do with wanting to solve problems. You can never solve a problem if you never identify it.

Quote:
Historically there are Whites who were at fault and that can't be glossed over simply because it makes some people feel bad. No group of people are perfect, not even close, although they might have made a lot of great accomplishments in science, medicine, commerce, industry, and building a great country on the backs of one group of people while stealing the land of another group.
Presentism (literary and historical analysis) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your argument is invalid, in all ways.

Quote:
This is not to excuse Blacks' bad behavior because, when a person knows right from wrong, even if said person is traumatized, they still accountable for their behavior. As horrible as our deep wounds are, they are indeed curable, but it won't happen overnight.
So, today, the children of Ben Carson are broken and trodden down because of what happened over 100 years ago?

Abject nonsense.

If you were never told of anything of history, you would bear no weight, there would be no wound.

Every generation is a clean slate upon which to build.

Except that the last few generations have not been built, they have been torn down, and you can't blame slavery for that.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:42 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
But Eric was likely given guidance that many black men are not getting and that their parents never got. I noticed you said that his father had multiple children but you didn't exactly say that his father wasn't in his life. There is a difference.

I grew up in a working class black community without a father. I don't doubt that the only reason I'm not another statistic is because I was lucky enough to have people who took time out of their day to push me in the right direction. Many blacks do not have that. No one makes it on their own, and you can't do better if you've never been shown better.
I can't believe you have your own grasp of, not only the source of the problem, but the solution as well, yet you still argue against it!

Old 12-27-2014, 03:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
No matter what each generation are held accountable for their deeds. no different than this generation of blacks. They will be weather they realize it or not.We are dealing with real humans; not some made up hoped for version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies