Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 06:52 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,370,836 times

Advertisements

Bob thinks Obamacare is so great for the poor but now myself and millions of others have are health insurance in the hands of our leaders. I wonder how Bob would like it worrying about the SC striking it down or a change of leadership doing away with it. That would leave me and millions with out HC when before I had insurance with employer and all I had to do was keep my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 07:19 AM

23,581 posts, read 17,253,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yep, it is difficult to get some people to learn what is best for most all people, huh?
Too bad Obama didn't follow that sage advice as he set out to destroy healthcare for the majority of people for the sake of about 6 million.

Hate to have him as a lifeboat captain.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:20 AM

45,246 posts, read 26,482,257 times
As if 535 creeps could know what is best for over 300 million.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:14 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times
Quote:
I do like it when Govt does act in all our best interests, instead of just the privileged few which is too often the case.
You especially like it when government declares what is best for all without the input from "all', and then uses extortion to go about getting it. Then builds elaborate lies claiming it is urgent and the best thing for people it considers to stupid to make their won decisions.

Falls right into your political advocacy.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:20 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,976,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You especially like it when government declares what is best for all without the input from "all', and then uses extortion to go about getting it. Then builds elaborate lies claiming it is urgent and the best thing for people it considers to stupid to make their won decisions.

Falls right into your political advocacy.
In the case of Obamacare, the "privileged few" are:

1. Some insurance companies
2. A few who get their overpriced insurance subsidized

By
(the victims)

1. Everyone else.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You still believe that Obamacare is in the best interests of anyone other than the privileged few? How naive.

The insurance companies are making a fortune off of Obamacare by selling Bronze plans to people who will never be able to pay out the $5,000+ deductible required for those Bronze plans to even start paying for anything other than preventive care. In other words, those plans that we are all paying for with subsidies are for the most part absolutely useless to the people who buy them with our money. Exactly how is that helping anyone other than the insurance providers?

Had the ACA been meant to act in our best interests, it would have done what its name implies, which is to make health care more affordable.
My sister-in-law's company was bought out a few months ago, and she was let go the week before Thanksgiving after 22 years in the job, and a few years short of retirement, because they could replace her with someone younger and cheaper. She was offered COBRA for herself and my brother, which was close to $2,000 a month (note that, all of you who continue to claim that if you receive your healthcare through your employer you are "paying your own way." Your healthcare is just as subsidized as anyone buying it through the exchanges. COBRA is the REAL cost of your insurance, you leeches. )

My brother is disabled and needs back surgery in the next month. Pre-ACA, he would be out of luck, as his pre-existing condition would ensure that the loss of his wife's insurance meant he would never get coverage again, and would probably end up in a wheel-chair for the rest of his life. Instead, they have qualified for insurance through the exchanges and he will be able to have his surgery.

So yes, the ACA does help many people. Too bad your politics doesn't allow you to see that truth.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:36 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,976,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

So yes, the ACA does help many people. Too bad your politics doesn't allow you to see that truth.
No, it helps a tiny few, and hurts everyone else.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, it helps a tiny few, and hurts everyone else.
You are precisely who I'm talking about. Your politics won't allow you to see or admit the truth of how many people it's helped.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:52 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,886,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You are precisely who I'm talking about. Your politics won't allow you to see or admit the truth of how many people it's helped.
And your politics won't allow you to see how many more were damaged than helped.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Yep, it is difficult to get some people to learn what is best for most all people, huh?
its clearly difficult for some people to learn that a few million, i.e. those who actually benefit from ACA, doesnt make up "most" people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies