Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,196,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You are precisely who I'm talking about. Your politics won't allow you to see or admit the truth of how many people it's helped.
ACA was passed because Obama said we had 32 million uninsured americans and thats just unacceptable..

We now have 41 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 10:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,149 times
Quote:
You are precisely who I'm talking about. Your politics won't allow you to see or admit the truth of how many people it's helped.
And your biased tunnel vision won't allow you to see how many people it has hurt or not helped in the manner you claim.

Go get some new talking points from this administration.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,889,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And your biased tunnel vision won't allow you to see how many people it has hurt or not helped in the manner you claim.

Go get some new talking points from this administration.
I don't need "talking points," when I can look around me and see real live people who have been helped immensely by the ACA, myself included. You only need "talking points" when you have nothing else.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
My sister-in-law's company was bought out a few months ago, and she was let go the week before Thanksgiving after 22 years in the job, and a few years short of retirement, because they could replace her with someone younger and cheaper. She was offered COBRA for herself and my brother, which was close to $2,000 a month (note that, all of you who continue to claim that if you receive your healthcare through your employer you are "paying your own way." Your healthcare is just as subsidized as anyone buying it through the exchanges. COBRA is the REAL cost of your insurance, you leeches. )
This is a fine example of people with the attitude

"i got mine, fk you"

and healthcare isnt subsidized by the employer, its compensation, I've schooled you on this at least 3 times now, but hey, you got your talking point...
Quote:
My brother is disabled and needs back surgery in the next month. Pre-ACA, he would be out of luck, as his pre-existing condition would ensure that the loss of his wife's insurance meant he would never get coverage again, and would probably end up in a wheel-chair for the rest of his life. Instead, they have qualified for insurance through the exchanges and he will be able to have his surgery.

So yes, the ACA does help many people. Too bad your politics doesn't allow you to see that truth.
Sure sounds like your brother isnt paying "his fair share", when will you demand he do so?
Shame it

Old 12-26-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I don't need "talking points," when I can look around me and see real live people who have been helped immensely by the ACA, myself included. You only need "talking points" when you have nothing else.
You're nothing but a walking talking talking point, just like you continue to post that healthinsurance funded by the employer is a subsidy provided by the taxpayer..

So by your own admission, you have nothing else.. Glad we agree on something.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:28 AM

30,319 posts, read 23,800,844 times
This was already said by many Conservatives last year, but the liberals wanted to deny it all:

Quote:
The agency will not be permitted to resort to its usual collection tactics, such as using levies — like wage garnishment — or liens. It cannot criminally prosecute those who do not comply, either.

But the I.R.S. can deduct the penalty from any refund due. And if a taxpayer isn’t owed a refund — and fails to pay the penalty — the amount will accrue interest and roll over into the following tax years. The I.R.S. could continue to deduct the growing amount from any refunds due for 10 years, which is how long the agency is allowed to collect payments.
If you never get a refund, then hell with them. The best thing you can ever do for yourself when doing your taxes is break even.

And frankly, this article came across as a threat, to which I don't take kindly. Their example of a family making $100,000 having to pay $800 in penalties for 2014, and then $1650 in 2015 is STILL CHEAPER THAN THAT JOKE CALLED OBAMACARE.

So spare me with threatening me with saving my own damn money.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This was already said by many Conservatives last year, but the liberals wanted to deny it all:

If you never get a refund, then hell with them. The best thing you can ever do for yourself when doing your taxes is break even.

And frankly, this article came across as a threat, to which I don't take kindly. Their example of a family making $100,000 having to pay $800 in penalties for 2014, and then $1650 in 2015 is STILL CHEAPER THAN THAT JOKE CALLED OBAMACARE.

So spare me with threatening me with saving my own damn money.
i'd recon the largest segment of the nation who gets refunds are the middle class and poor. We all know the poor already gets medicaid, but now ACA takes tax refunds from the middle class, wait till the penalties grow in a few years.

People think ACA is hated now, wait till they start losing their expected refunds they count on for things like home repairs, vacations etc..

Old 12-26-2014, 10:35 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,889,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This is a fine example of people with the attitude

"i got mine, fk you"
You are confused. That is the attitude of everyone who is getting their employer subsidized health insurance.
COBRA give you an idea of the REAL cost of insurance, which those of us without employer-based insurance had to pay pre-ACA. Those who have employer health insurance have never paid their "fair share," and yet still have that "F you, I got mine," attitude to everyone else. I see that exact sentiment from people like you here on C-D on a regular basis.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:39 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,147,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yep, it is difficult to get some people to learn what is best for most all people, huh?
It sure is.

So when do you expect to start learning?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:39 AM

30,319 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
You are confused. That is the attitude of everyone who is getting their employer subsidized health insurance.
COBRA give you an idea of the REAL cost of insurance, which those of us without employer-based insurance had to pay pre-ACA. Those who have employer health insurance have never paid their fair share, and yet still have that "F you, I got mine," attitude to everyone else. I see that exact sentiment from people like you here on C-D on a regular basis.
What part of this do you not get?

Employer: I have a job for you. It is worth $100,000 a year. So, your pay will be $88,000 a year, and you will get health insurance to go along with your job. The two equal $100,000 a year.

What part of that do you not comprehend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies