Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:00 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I know lots of girls that play with basketballs (dont know any who play with legos though).

if there were enough gifts to go around then its really a non issue, but if the toys were bought specific to gender, i.e. they bought 10 boy toys and 10 girl toys, then it would be an issue. I'd probably guess there was more than enough to go around though.
The article doesn't mention anything about 10 boy toys and 10 girl toys, all the article mentions is the Obamas helped sort toys.

So let's say this is a non issue and there is no point in trying to turn this into anything, though there is nothing wrong with a boy playing with a barbie other than a barbie creating a false idea of what a woman looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 11:09 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Get over it. Seriously. It's toys. That are free. It's christmas.
I guess if you didn't say boys would be ok with dolls, I'd have passed on responding.

I'm just saying that if you gave a bunch of boys a bunch of dolls, you'd be a rotten Santa, and deserving of a Bah Humbug.

As for Obama giving girls Legos, a t-ball kits, and science kits, good for him. I do the same and don't personally know anyone who think of those as boy toys.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Listen, why don't you call up Toys for Tots & ASK them what their process is for giving the gifts. You're pseudo scientific approach to it is simply a ploy to bring about yet another partisan argument. It's pathetic.

And yes, girls do play with Legos. I shouldn't even have to inform you of this, it's basic common knowledge.
I dont need to call Toys for Tots up and ask them. You just acknowledged girls play with legos and I've acknowledged they play with basketballs..

What exactly would you suggest that I ask them?

Old 12-26-2014, 11:10 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Did Obama hand out any prosthetic limbs to the children his bombing missions have maimed?

Old 12-26-2014, 11:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The article doesn't mention anything about 10 boy toys and 10 girl toys, all the article mentions is the Obamas helped sort toys.

So let's say this is a non issue and there is no point in trying to turn this into anything, though there is nothing wrong with a boy playing with a barbie other than a barbie creating a false idea of what a woman looks like.
Clearly you dont understand the definition of the word "IF",

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-26-2014 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: no

Old 12-26-2014, 11:29 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
obama is such a bastard
Yeah! If he knows what's good for him he'll start a few unnecessary wars of choice with countries that did nothing to us, maybe then some of these folks will admit he's a 'real' 'Murican.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:31 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
“I’m just trying to break down these gender stereotypes.” - he wants to get rid of gender characteristics and differences...for what?
I think that very few boys would be happy to receive barbie dolls and so on for Christmas. And the same thing about girls
When I was a kid back in the 50s and 60s, the company my father worked for always had a christmas party for all the employees and their children.

We each got a toy; the tables were set up as: boys (different ages) and girls (different ages).

We had to choose according to our gender and age.

I wanted so desperately some of the boy toys. Basically all the toys for girls were dolls and crap like that. BORING!!!

Fortunately, I had three brothers, so I eventually DID get to play with the boy toys!

So, that is FOR WHAT.

I didn't even end up a lesbian after all that boy-toy playing..<<<snicker>>>!

Old 12-26-2014, 11:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you dont understand the definition of the word "IF",
I am aware of your use of if, you are using it in this strawman argument because you have no real foundation to argue on.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-26-2014 at 01:41 PM..

Old 12-26-2014, 12:04 PM

307 posts, read 245,758 times
Quote:
And I think stating that girls would like Legos or a basketball is correct. I also think people who start threads complaining about this need to start smoking pot. Seriously, relax.
After reading all the nonsense in this thread I want to start smoking pot

Old 12-26-2014, 12:05 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
When asked to hand out toys that were specifically targeted to boys and girls, Obama refused. Instead he went the progressive route and claimed all toys were for all genders
Did you read your own link?

Obama did not HAND OUT TOYS to anyone.

Stupid thread, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies