Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 07:07 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Here's a hint.. when needing to support a family, don't take a job less then you need, then complain that you don't make enough..
If he had the skills to analyze it that way, wouldn't he be able to use those skills to get a better job? I'm almost constantly surprised by how people try to simplify this kind of situation to the point where they can say "me good you bad." As if their whole purpose of posting was to try to make themselves feel better about their own horrible problems.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:08 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Or don't have family when you are NOT financially, emotionally and mentally ready for one.
The same "me good you bad".

Old 12-27-2014, 07:10 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Ditto, WyoEagle. If I lacked marketable skills suited for earning enough for a family, I would NOT have kids at that point in time. To have them when you cannot raise them is incredibly selfish.
Another "me good you bad." They're everywhere.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:10 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
A long time ago it came out from the Clinton administration three things it said that would reduce poverty.

1) Graduate high school

2) Don't get married until you are 21

3) Don't have kids until you get married

Pretty much everyone I know of that is poor didn't at least one of these.

I'm not saying everything can be planned but it can't hurt.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
eok, No not me good, you bad. Live within your means. Do not breed if unable to provide for them. Think first about future gens who will need to depend on you.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:17 PM

906 posts, read 712,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
their whole purpose of posting was to try to make themselves feel better
it is.

don't ask for money. take money and ask for forgiveness.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:28 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
The same "me good you bad".
Sure. I am 30 and i don't have kids. I would not think of having kids until i am financially ready.

People need to take responsibility for their actions/choices.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:19 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Why is this a surprise? The United States has 1 of the highest corporate taxes in the world, .
I'd like to focus on just this part of your post. It's not true. It's not remotely true.

Actually, many of the large corporations in this country not only pay ZERO in income tax, they get subsidies (corporate welfare).

Now, the little guys, the mom and pop guys....well, those guys take it on the chin.

Just one of the many reasons that this country has collapsed.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ANTHONY MOORE said For the past year, I’ve worked at a Burger King in Tampa, Florida, making $9 an hour. Taxes are taken right out of my paycheck like they are for most people in America.

But Burger King doesn’t want to pay its fair share. Burger King wants to be seen as an All-American brand, and it is happy to benefit from taxpayer subsidies.

More lethal than the Whopper: How Burger King pleases the 1 percent, screws its workers - Salon.com
So Anthony needs to get a better job using that motivation. That what I did after working as young man;made sure I could get a better job.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:56 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
If a person is financially, mentally and emotionally ready to support a family then they will have an easier time pulling through when they experience hard times, etc.
So what happens when no one is financially ready to support a family?

(we are heading there. Just another 12-16 years of Republican rule would put us there.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Ditto, WyoEagle. If I lacked marketable skills suited for earning enough for a family, I would NOT have kids at that point in time. To have them when you cannot raise them is incredibly selfish.
....only well off are allowed to reproduce. *Sigh*

Why can't the poor just screw off and die, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Another typical worker without the skills or ambition to get a decent job, blaming his employer for trying to increase profits (as is the goal of any company). It's not BKs fault that he has kids without the income to support them. If he doesn't like working for $9 there he needs to find something better elsewhere, complaining about the company working to minimize expense and maximize profit isn't going to help his situation. I guess it's
easier then working to develop more marketable skills.
Is this a human speaking or a bot?

No wonder why Republicans run a "Republicans are people, too" campaign..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies