Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 09:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hmong?

Like the US, there are many ethnic groups in Viet Nam and lots of issues amongst the groups.
I that's the name, thanks.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:04 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
he even lied about it on the UN meeting to convince the world
He lied about Iraq having biological WMDs? No. Even UNSCOM stated there were missing/unaccounted for tons of chemical and biological WMD agents.

DoD News: DoD Briefing on Iraqi Denial and Deception
(Click on each slide to enlarge and read.)

And right before the Iraq War...

Quote:
"I have mentioned the issue of anthrax to the Council on previous occasions and I come back to it as it is an important one.

Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 litres of this biological warfare agent, which it states it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction.

There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared, and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist. Either it should be found and be destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision or else convincing evidence should be produced to show that it was, indeed, destroyed in 1991."

Dr. Hans Blix, Chief UN Weapons Inspector
Addressing the UN Security Council
January 27, 2003
Quote:
"The nerve agent VX is one of the most toxic ever developed.

13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes."

Dr. Hans Blix, Chief UN Weapons Inspector
Addressing the UN Security Council
January 27, 2003"
Powell simply recanted when it was politically expedient to do so. THAT'S when he lied.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He never lied. He was wrong. There is a difference between lying and being wrong.
He was not wrong. He was reiterating the UN's Hans Blix's statements about Iraq's possession of tons of biological and chemical WMD agents.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
If Iraq had all these weapons and we could not find them, where are they now? Or did they never actually exist but were claimed to exist so Bush the Lesser could get on with assassinating Hussein and reprivatizing all of the wonderful oil under Iraq's deserts?

Old 12-28-2014, 10:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
ISIS Raped and Sold Yazidi Women and Girls for Sex: Report - NBC News

This would not be happening if we had not precipitously withdrawn from Iraq in 2011. Whatever you think of the decision to invade Iraq in 2003, it was supported by large majorities at the time, and so we undertook it. Colin Powell had his 'pottery barn rule' which was "you break it, you bought it." We bought Iraq in 2003, like it or not.

We as a country have the blood of these Yazidi girls on our hands.
You can thank Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld for her death.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If Iraq had all these weapons and we could not find them, where are they now?
According to Obama's Director of National Intelligence, they were moved to Syria right before the Iraq War. I've posted on this many, many times:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama's own current Director of National Intelligence [Clapper] said Iraq moved some of its illicit weapons to Syria right before the Iraq War.
Quote:
"The director [Clapper] of a top American spy agency said Tuesday that he believed that material from Iraq's illicit weapons program had been transported into Syria and perhaps other countries as part of an effort by the Iraqis to disperse and destroy evidence immediately before the recent war.

The official, James R. Clapper Jr., a retired lieutenant general, said satellite imagery showing a heavy flow of traffic from Iraq into Syria, just before the American invasion in March, led him to believe that illicit weapons material ''unquestionably'' had been moved out of Iraq."
THE STRUGGLE FOR IRAQ - WEAPONS SEARCH - Iraqis Removed Arms Material, U.S. Aide Says - NYTimes.com

Clapper was speaking in his then capacity as the Director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
https://www.nga.mil/Pages/default.aspx

He is currently Obama's Director of National Intelligence.
Director of National Intelligence

And exactly how would Iraq know to move its illicit weapons right before the invasion? Answer: The treasonous stunt Rockefeller pulled that prompted Iraq to move the weapons:
Quote:
Rockefeller (D-WV): "I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq, that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11."
Transcript: Sens. Roberts, Rockefeller

Oh, and by the way... Rockefeller voted FOR the Iraq War.
Guess who has control of them now?

Old 12-28-2014, 11:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How about we never invaded Iraq and unstabilized a country. Yes, Saddam was a dictator but he at least controlled his people. We went in and tore a country apart. We made it worse. We need to stay out of the middle east.
Correct. And i feel ZERO obligation to stay there and fix it. Those who do feel such an obligation should hop on a plane.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He was not wrong. He was reiterating the UN's Hans Blix's statements about Iraq's possession of tons of biological and chemical WMD agents.
Nah...he was wrong.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm afraid you're right. Even IF we collected ALL of the Yazidis what wanted to leave the Middle East; down the road they might be a big problem here in the US. Kinda like a "minority" of people that we bright here from Vietnam; they were persecuted up 1 side and down the other other there; but, they're kinda a mess here 40 years later. They were called the Hongs or something like that.
I don't think they'd be a problem. They'd be just fine here.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:38 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
there did not want our help, they are killing their own people. I see no problem with that. i think we ought to pull out of all middle east countries and let them handle their own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies