Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 08:19 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
huh? Why do anybody want to protest at a funeral except the westboro clowns? Why don't you give the protesters a medal already?

lol

Turning back on somebody they don't respect at the funeral has nothing to do with disrespecting the dead.
That was a form of protest or am I missing something, tough to defend their insensitivity and putting politics front and center. Even David Lynch indicated this was not the time for protests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:21 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That was a form of protest or am I missing something, tough to defend their insensitivity and putting politics front and center.
Right, some (I said SOME ) vietnam veterans will turn their backs on Fonda if she showed up at a Vietnam vet's funeral. I suppose you need to RESPECT Their feelings too, no?

I don't see it as a form of protest, then again, I am a morally flawed person, you are the saint.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:39 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Right, some (I said SOME ) vietnam veterans will turn their backs on Fonda if she showed up at a Vietnam vet's funeral. I suppose you need to RESPECT Their feelings too, no?

I don't see it as a form of protest, then again, I am a morally flawed person, you are the saint.

Please, Jane Fond is an actress and I don't think we have to worry about the far fetched scenario you created. DeBlasio is mayor for a few million people and this was funeral for two police officers. It wasn't about them it was about the grieving families and the remembrance of the officer but they put themselves first.

You don't need to be a saint to see that the police officers actions were just as reprehensible as the protestors at the monument for the fallen officers, common sense and judgment would go a long way.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:43 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
mlassoff"So, back in the real world, this is more than anything about: a contract dispute.

NYPD officers (not supervisors) have been working without a contract with the city-- which means the old contract continues to be in effect. This means: No raises. Other municipal unions have been able to hammer out and ratify contracts with the De Blasio administration. The police haven't yet."

I hope they get their worst offer in decades. Pimping a funeral for one's wallet (and you are spot on) is even more lowlife than how they typically act.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:43 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Please, Jane Fond is an actress and I don't think we have to worry about the far fetched scenario you created. DeBlasio is mayor for a few million people and this was funeral for two police officers. It wasn't about them it was about the grieving families and the remembrance of the officer but they put themselves first.

You don't need to be a saint to see that the police officers actions were just as reprehensible as the protestors at the monument for the fallen officers, common sense and judgment would go a long way.
Please, I don't see it as a protest, you do. That is the difference. Common sense is not so common.

You think they put POLITICS before everything, I don't. That is the difference. I don't think everything is about Politics, maybe you do.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:44 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Liberals don't believe the police have a right to express themselves. In their warped minds, only those protesting the police should be afforded that right.

Hypocrites.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:45 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I commend NYPD Officer Polcano for speaking the TRUTH. He's extremely brave in speaking up and out (where a lot of officers who agree are afraid of the internal backlash they would get).

What's been lost in the discussion is that the FAMILIES of the slain NYPD officers in addition to Mayor De Blaiso called for a putting aside of politics during the funeral services. De Blaiso essentially said tomorrow you can resume hating me, but today let's honor those that have fallen and respect the families need to grieve. The officers who turned their backs disrespected the wishes of the family and outward insubordination to their "boss" (the mayor is the top of the food chain).

It's ironic in that the police say we've being disrespected and then in turn do something disrespectful.

I support officers who speak truth and are honorable and call attention to disception and dishonor.

NYPD officer rips cops for turning backs on mayor: Parents see black kids ‘killed by police over and over’
The mayor is reaping what he has sewn.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Goodnight, Common sense and being union members are mutually exclusive. At least when union thugs go overboard in the private sector, moving either the corp or the jobs sends them to the woodshed, but good.

FDR was correct. There should not be any public sector unionization..ever..anywhere.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I commend NYPD Officer Polcano for speaking the TRUTH. He's extremely brave in speaking up and out (where a lot of officers who agree are afraid of the internal backlash they would get).

What's been lost in the discussion is that the FAMILIES of the slain NYPD officers in addition to Mayor De Blaiso called for a putting aside of politics during the funeral services. De Blaiso essentially said tomorrow you can resume hating me, but today let's honor those that have fallen and respect the families need to grieve. The officers who turned their backs disrespected the wishes of the family and outward insubordination to their "boss" (the mayor is the top of the food chain).

It's ironic in that the police say we've being disrespected and then in turn do something disrespectful.

I support officers who speak truth and are honorable and call attention to disception and dishonor.

NYPD officer rips cops for turning backs on mayor: Parents see black kids ‘killed by police over and over’
one officer? I think people know what the mass things of mayor as well as others who have spoke out. So you speak for the dead officer families; get a clue. Its not about politics; its about leadership. That was the mayors problem playing politics with the situation. He has loss trust and his ability to lead them; plain and simple.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:56 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
one officer? I think people know what the mass things of mayor as well as others who have spoke out. So you speak for the dead officer families; get a clue. Its not about politics; its about leadership. That was the mayors problem playing politics with the situation. He has loss trust and his ability to lead them; plain and simple.
What did the mayor do precisely?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies