Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:46 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sure.

Trust me.......I would find a way to be of value to them.......and get some of that wealth.
Exactly.

NO ONE becomes a 1%er without creating wealth for others in their wake.

Stupid, ignorant people are just that.....stupid and ignorant.

The man/woman who opens a pizza parlor or nail salon next to Walmart will become wealthy.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:46 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why do you feel that wealth is "distributed"?
"Distributed" as in salt is distributed throughout the ocean. No, I don't think it is the role of government to count dollars and give them out. I do think a healthy society is one with a strong, healthy middle class and I support government policies that work toward that goal. When wealth is too concentrated in too few hands, that's the sign of an unhealthy society.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:50 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You are a smart woman!

We delayed having children for ten years. In that time, we established our careers and bought a home.
I chose not to have children at all.

I am sure that did make a difference.

We could not have lived in a camper while we built the business if we had children.......two big dogs was hard enough.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
"Distributed" as in salt is distributed throughout the ocean. No, I don't think it is the role of government to count dollars and give them out. I do think a healthy society is one with a strong, healthy middle class and I support government policies that work toward that goal. When wealth is too concentrated in too few hands, that's the sign of an unhealthy society.
Work harder, smarter or do something different to sooth your envy of wealth.

A healthy society works best when government is involved the least.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:03 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I won the genetic lottery, Jack, is the most appropriate.

Follow by "if i can do it why can't you? "

Followed by the ignoramus population sticking fingers in their ears .
Followed by an ignoramus electorate sticking their fingers in other's wallets. And insiting they're entitled to it.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:17 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Once a person has enough unearned money to eat, drink, drug or screw themselves to death why should they want any more. Maybe to mitigate their internal fears about their own worth.
Good questions.

We've poured millions and millions into our so-called disadvantaged urban and rural areas and still, nothing but people who continue to eat, drink, drugs or screw themselves to death.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:21 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Income inequality is a made up problem by liberals to solve.
Right-wingers, forever white-knighting for the 1% and their burgeoning wealth.

http://www.minnpost.com/sites/defaul...01g/7xf01g.jpg

The end result of 35 years of dismal conservative policies.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-29-2014 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright

Old 12-29-2014, 01:24 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Right-wingers, forever white-knighting for the 1% and their burgeoning wealth.

http://www.minnpost.com/sites/defaul...01g/7xf01g.jpg

The end result of 35 years of dismal conservative policies.
But look at all that wealth the 1 percent have. Surely they're going to use it to create jobs and wealth for the bottom 99 percent, right? It hasn't happened yet, but I'm betting 2015 will be the year that it will finally trickle down like a mighty golden shower.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:44 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
I'd say a healthy society is one where people respect others' property and have the right to keep their own...also one free from institutionalized violence (which we call government). People should follow the golden rule.

Basically, I don't think it's anyone's right to decide who should do well or who shouldn't. The more tampering there is, the more unjustice there is. Let the market (voluntary trade between people) decide. Trying to figure out the right combination of laws to control people's money will never be fair, especially since you can't prevent corruption. That's how we got where we are now.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:03 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
But look at all that wealth the 1 percent have. Surely they're going to use it to create jobs and wealth for the bottom 99 percent, right? It hasn't happened yet, but I'm betting 2015 will be the year that it will finally trickle down like a mighty golden shower.
Are you sure it has not trickled down? Over 90% of the public that want jobs have them. I think some of the wealth must have been allowed to trickle or there would not be as many jobs. Most of the bottom 99% have a lot of what in the past been considered luxuries. Hang outside of a local social service building and see how many people are on their iPhone's. See how many must of had enough money trickle down so they could buy tattoos, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies