Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 07:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
First off who told you I am an Obama fan? I am not. He just is not a great leader. However he is in no way far left. Center left and pretty centered.

And no he has not divided the country. Virtually all of that comes from the lunatic right...which has gotten a big enough hold over the Republicans to prevent any compromise. Rational politicians do not sign no tax pledges. And rational voters don't elect people who make such pledges.

I look forward to a new President. Hillary would not be my first choice as she too si to hard nosed. But the Republicans will assure her election. Anyone who can win the Republican nomination will lose to Hillary.

So we can all cry together. Maybe in 2024 some new light...

The right hasn't passed anything so how can they be lunatic... Obama is far left on social issues, divides us through class and race and party to the extreme.. His words tell everyone that for fact.

Obamacare is radical left and will bring fines to all those who have no health insurance.. and their children will also be fined for having no health insurance.

This will carry over to the next generations if Obama has his way. The law will increase the fines as the years go by... many don't even know what is coming when they are taxed through the IRS if they don't have health insurance and file a W2.. mandates mean , you must have health insurance or pay the fine ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 08:00 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Time will tell if this 'president' truly wants to work in a bipartisan manner now that the shoes are on the right feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
You ignore the fact that illegals have taken union jobs from the AMERICAN people.. they will continue and the unions will dissolve as Obama brings in more illegals.. because the democratic party refused to support them . The two parties are there to ensure a balance for the AMERICAN people.. The democrats are no longer for the AMERICAN people..

Illegals make $2 an hour in their country equivalent to our money... it is equal to 10 times more money working over here and they send the money back.. billions of dollars are not circulating here ,, it is going to foreign countries.. it will get worse.
The spigot is on and the stupid left has no idea how to turn it off.

In my observations this current process is meant to REPLACE the middle class (union or no) with illegals that vote Mexican Conservative (aka liberal). It will take years for those that actually intend to become legal to realize they will become the new taxed base to support the ones that will not have jobs. And that seems to be heading towards the new minorities aka whites. And you can bet we'll get in line for our handouts when that time comes.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:24 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
....Obama won by a large margin in 2012 after a miserable outcome in 2010. And the public had four years of Obama by then. ....
LOL. You give Obama too much credit. He had a horrible opponent, and he struck a not so secret deal with the Clintons to keep Hillary from challenging him in 2012.

I knew the GOP lost when they nominated a Morman to run. You could have had Osama bin Laden in office and the outcome would have been the same. Romney didn't get the turnout. I voted for Obama in '08, in '12 I voted 3rd party because I couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the asses. If the GOP had nominated Gingrich, someone who would have properly school'd Obama, it would have been over for him before it started.

To quote the former President, Bill Clinton on the 2012 election & Obama having Romney as an opponent.
"He's luckier than a dog with two dicks."
I have to give it to Slick Willie. Always good for a laugh. A very drunk Hillary has recently had even more to say about Obama, but I will leave it up to the reader to find those quotes.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-01-2015 at 03:42 AM..

Old 01-01-2015, 10:09 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. You give Obama too much credit. He had a horrible opponent, and he struck a not so secret deal with the Clintons to keep Hillary from challenging him in 2012.

I knew the GOP lost when they nominated a Morman to run. You could have had Osama bin Laden in office and the outcome would have been the same. Romney didn't get the turnout. I voted for Obama in '08, in '12 I voted 3rd party because I couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the asses. If the GOP had nominated Gingrich, someone who would have properly school'd Obama, it would have been over for him before it started.

To quote the former President, Bill Clinton on the 2012 election & Obama having Romney as an opponent.
"He's luckier than a dog with two dicks."
I have to give it to Slick Willie. Always good for a laugh. A very drunk Hillary has recently had even more to say about Obama, but I will leave it up to the reader to find those quotes.
Romney polled vastly better than any of the other candidates. Ginrich or other would have simply increased the President's margin. Hilary never considered challenging Obama which would have been suicidal for her.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Romney polled vastly better than any of the other candidates......
Not where it counted. Romney lost the SC primary and it's pretty much a given that if GOP candidate can't win SC, then he stands no chance of winning the election.

Pollsters were also wrong about the clean sweep the GOP made in the election last November. They apparently had started to believe the mainstream media koolaid that this election was going to be very close. It was nonsense of course as the results speak for themselves. Democrats were routed out of office.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-01-2015 at 10:31 AM..

Old 01-01-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Not where it counted. Romney lost the SC primary and it's pretty much a given that if GOP candidate can't win SC, then he stands no chance of winning the election.

Pollsters were also wrong about the clean sweep the GOP made in the election last November. They apparently had started to believe the mainstream media koolaid that this election was going to be very close. It was nonsense of course as the results speak for themselves. Democrats were routed out of office.
Simply not true. 538 for instance was calling a 76% probability of a Republican take over of the Senate. Their highest probable case was 53 Republicans.

What was missed was the terrible turnout of the Democrats. In those states without a competitive Governor or Senate raise the turnout was down 43%. The Republicans also have an interesting advantage due to the 2010 gerrymander. They took 57% of the house seats with 52% of the votes. That will remains a problem the Democrats can do little about though it may change with the 2020 election.

This is not about to happen in 2016 and the Republicans have a high vulnerability in the Senate making it very unlikely they will hold the Senate after that election. The Democrats will also be running with what appears to be a very good economic situation. Add it all up and the Republicans are very likely to get creamed.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Simply not true. 538 for instance was calling a 76% probability of a Republican take over of the Senate. Their highest probable case was 53 Republicans. ....
Dear heart, that is a 24% miss. It might as well have been infinity. And it was 54 so even that was wrong. Furthermore the mainstream media, what I posted about, were doing their own polls. Not using 538. Maybe you had some of that koolaid too.

Here in NC the pollsters consistently said that Kay Hagan would hold her seat, Harry Reid's Senate Majority Pac and others spent $100M in adverts, yet despite all that, a newcomer GOP moderate handed her ass to her. She's out.

Democrats lost that election, badly, because they have ceased to represent the common working, tax paying, middle class person in America. They don't stand for anything and you can't trust them to tell the truth since they lie as easily as breathing air, about everything. The GOP are no saints either, but at least they are honest about where they stand on things. As I said before, as much as people like to hyperventilate that it isn't true, the results speak for themselves.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-02-2015 at 03:34 AM..

Old 01-02-2015, 01:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Romney polled vastly better than any of the other candidates. Ginrich or other would have simply increased the President's margin. Hilary never considered challenging Obama which would have been suicidal for her.
The media elected Obama.. let's not forget that the shallow minded vote too. The black vote was a given..

Old 01-02-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Dear heart, that is a 24% miss. It might as well have been infinity. And it was 54 so even that was wrong. Furthermore the mainstream media, what I posted about, were doing their own polls. Not using 538. Maybe you had some of that koolaid too.

Here in NC the pollsters consistently said that Kay Hagan would hold her seat, Harry Reid's Senate Majority Pac and others spent $100M in adverts, yet despite all that, a newcomer GOP moderate handed her ass to her. She's out.

Democrats lost that election, badly, because they have ceased to represent the common working, tax paying, middle class person in America. They don't stand for anything and you can't trust them to tell the truth since they lie as easily as breathing air, about everything. The GOP are no saints either, but at least they are honest about where they stand on things. As I said before, as much as people like to hyperventilate that it isn't true, the results speak for themselves.
You obviously do not understand probability. There is no "wrong" involved. The NY Times site was also on reasonably well.

No Democrats lost because the voters who vote Democratic failed to turn out. They appear to lack the vigor of the hard core Republicans.

In terms of voter approval the present approval numbers on Congress would indicate that the citizenry disapproves of both parties. In fact far more so than of the President.

And in 2016 it will be a very bad year for Republicans. The economy will be good. There will be a Presidential election likely featuring Hillary and the Republicans will be fresh off two years of little or no action.

Last edited by lvoc; 01-02-2015 at 03:46 PM..

Old 01-02-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
You obviously do not understand probability. There is no "wrong" involved.....
You obviously don't know how to read a post. Go back and read it again, and you will find that I only talked about probability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies