Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 06:17 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times

Advertisements

It really doesn't matter what your background is, if you are a liberal, I am interested in hearing your thoughts on him. Even though he seems to share some of the same views as many in the liberal community, his constant race dividing tactics seems to be against many of the principles that liberals typically stand for. It would seem almost hypocritical to support him, but chastise Republican, who some liberals do not feel are very inclusive. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 06:25 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,763 times
How do you define liberal? On some issues I am liberal on others not so much. I do believe racism exists and any government agency that has a perception problem with citizens needs to take corrective action. Whether that be the IRS with conservative groups or police departments with minority citizens.

As for Sharpton I do not pay attention to him.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
How do you define liberal? On some issues I am liberal on others not so much. I do believe racism exists and any government agency that has a perception problem with citizens needs to take corrective action. Whether that be the IRS with conservative groups or police departments with minority citizens.

As for Sharpton I do not pay attention to him.
It's up to the person to interpret that. It doesn't sound like you identify yourself with being liberal. Someone that is liberal, I would expect to be liberal leaning on most issues, not necessarily all though.

Even with that said, why don't you pay attention to him?

Old 12-30-2014, 06:51 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
I just wonder why so many white Americans are obsessed with Al Sharpton.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
He's not even a blip on my radar.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:06 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It really doesn't matter what your background is, if you are a liberal, I am interested in hearing your thoughts on him. Even though he seems to share some of the same views as many in the liberal community, his constant race dividing tactics seems to be against many of the principles that liberals typically stand for. It would seem almost hypocritical to support him, but chastise Republican, who some liberals do not feel are very inclusive. Thoughts?
Seriously? With the use of the search function you could have gathered this information from any of the 100s of threads started about him by conservatives.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:12 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Al Sharpton is the Conservative Boogeyman. Sarah Palin is the Liberal Boogeyman.

I never know what either one of the blowhards are saying until one of their political opponents orgasms themselves into a frenzy and posts a thread on CD about the latest "outrage".

Case in point.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:49 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
I don't consider myself a full fledged liberal but a independent.

[MOD CUT/trolling]
Personally I can't stand him. He is too agressive in his disposition. He is too loud and to be so educated he has terrible diction.

During the Michael Brown eulogy I nearly fell in love. He spoke words that came right out of my heart concerning the value of life, White supremacy and the issues that plague inner city Blacks. He couldn't have said anything better.

I love his afternoon radio talkshow. Thats where you really learn what he stands for as an individual such as gay rights immigration and his urban anti violence campaigns.

As with anyone else there are things I like about him. There are things I hate about him.

He definatly does a fantastic job of raising the blood preasure levels of conservative and liberal racist.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-30-2014 at 11:25 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Seriously? With the use of the search function you could have gathered this information from any of the 100s of threads started about him by conservatives.
I don't know each individuals person's political affiliation so it's impossible to look at somebody's post and figure out what they are. That is why I wanted to narrow down the question to strictly that group of individuals.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I just wonder why so many white Americans are obsessed with Al Sharpton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I don't consider myself a full fledged liberal but a independent.

[MOD CUT/trolling]

Personally I can't stand him. He is too agressive in his disposition. He is too loud and to be so educated he has terrible diction.

During the Michael Brown eulogy I nearly fell in love. He spoke words that came right out of my heart concerning the value of life, White supremacy and the issues that plague inner city Blacks. He couldn't have said anything better.

I love his afternoon radio talkshow. Thats where you really learn what he stands for as an individual such as gay rights immigration and his urban anti violence campaigns.

As with anyone else there are things I like about him. There are things I hate about him.

He definatly does a fantastic job of raising the blood preasure levels of conservative and liberal racist.
Ignorance is bliss. I don't know why every time I come on this section, people assume certain things. I am a black man, who happens to be conservative, but I am an independent. The motivation of this question has nothing to do with his race in particular. It's just I don't see how people can be supportive of him when his message and his actions are largely divisive. I have friends, who are black also, but are more liberal leaning than me, who don't take this guy serious so I am just curious what liberals broadly across the board think about him.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies