Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 PM

274 posts, read 238,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
With proper training you can load your gun pretty fast. At the range I can unholster, load a magazine, and chamber a round in 2 seconds flat.

People have been properly trained in getting dressed in the morning to but that all goes to cr*p once a group of big bad drill instructors start screaming an inch from your face. Adrenalin is a huge factor in motor coordination. Every seen someone shake when engaging in a fist fight and this is not a surprise attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Guns 101 - Revolvers do not have a safety. They have a very heavy pull, unless the hammer is cocked.

Not completely true Smith & Wesson Revolvers of the last what ten years have an Internal Lock. Not really meant to act as a safety for carrying but if locked it would prevent accidental discharge. I would never carry a firearm with an internal lock in the "locked" state. But those who are afraid should take comfort knowing the Gun has an actual lock built into the Gun.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 09:11 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A gun is nothing more than a tool, when gun nuts stop acting like a gun is their ticket to being superheros, then maybe we would have a real dialogue about real gun safety and real gun regulations.

Do we really need the government doing the parents job again?
Being that owning a firearm is a birthright as an american, on US soil, parents need to teach their kids all about guns up close and personal. When they turn 18, or even before at a friends house, they really already need to know all about firearms, or it may just be a toy to them, especially if they go buy one.

Mother nature has a good way of culling the stupid. This sounds like the perfect case.
I still cannot see a 2 yo. pulling the trigger, unless mom was behind them and the kid pulled the trigger with both thumbs, missing themselves.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:13 PM

8,490 posts, read 3,310,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This was clearly a tragic accident, and I'm so glad that you liberals got your jollies from it. ...
An accident is when you trip and fall.

Regardless of your position on second amendment rights, THIS resulted from profound stupidity. Her son is now traumatized, and motherless. So sad.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,181,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Do we really need the government doing the parents job again?
Being that owning a firearm is a birthright as an american, on US soil, parents need to teach their kids all about guns up close and personal. When they turn 18, or even before at a friends house, they really already need to know all about firearms, or it may just be a toy to them, especially if they go buy one.

Mother nature has a good way of culling the stupid. This sounds like the perfect case.
I still cannot see a 2 yo. pulling the trigger, unless mom was behind them and the kid pulled the trigger with both thumbs, missing themselves.

lol

Perhaps considering the subject of the thread, people should at least wait a little longer after birth before they get a firearm.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,079,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
Agreed. Mind doesn't have a safety, but it does have a 10lb trigger pull, which would probably impossible for a 2 year old to pull. You don't have to have a round chambered as it takes me less than 1 secons to chamber a round.

If someone pulls a gun on you, you will never be as fast as the person because reaction is ALWAYS slower than action, always, 100% of the time.
It's almost impossible to outdraw a drawn gun from a distance. However if done properly, and you are close enough, it's possible to grab the slide and push it away from yourself. Don't let go. This works well when you raise your hands so one of them are already close to the gun. It may go off but it won't cycle the next round. This buys you time to draw your gun. We offer advanced classes that feature this method. You should see the surprise on the faces when they realize that they successfully have done it.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

Perhaps considering the subject of the thread, people should at least wait a little longer after birth before they get a firearm.
Or exercise their 1st Amendment rights maybe? No of course not. Then you wouldn't be able to make a fool of yourself with such comments.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2014, 09:20 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,181,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
Or exercise their 1st Amendment rights maybe? No of course not. Then you wouldn't be able to make a fool of yourself with such comments.

Happy New Year!
lol

How did I make of myself a fool? I'm not the one who let my baby shoot me with my own gun. Universal gun ownership looks like a brilliant idea now, doesn't it? lmao! And what does the 1st have to do with this?

Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,961,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Mom Shot, Killed By 2-Year-Old Son at Walmart - ABC News

Kid pulled the gun from her purse and killed her in a freak accident. Probably isn't a good idea to keep a loaded pistol in your purse next to a toddler
So the mom just left her purse unattended and her toddler got into it? If you have a concealed weapon wouldn't you be more mindful of it especially around your kids.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:24 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

Ya, nature had a way of culling the stupid, didn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies