Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 03:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A gun is nothing more than a tool, when gun nuts stop acting like a gun is their ticket to being superheros, then maybe we would have a real dialogue about real gun safety and real gun regulations.

You're partially correct (miracles never cease). Guns are tools. However, we never can have a real dialogue with anti-gun nut moonbat liberals. When gun laws prove to be ineffective their answer is of course more ineffective gun laws that only punish law abiding citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So you gunnies are going to modify the second and add 2A to require that car drivers be trained as well?
Maybe if you anti gunnies could come up with a relevant coherent thought we could actually have a conversation........

Old 12-31-2014, 03:52 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
Ah, the armed citizen, the guarantee of our freedom.

A candidate for the Darwin Award there--but no, she already reproduced. Well, the kid won't be having siblings.
heard about this last night and hold my hands up in horror at this gun culture.. sad ending though.. but could have been the wee boys life..an innocent.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Firearms are my business. If you followed my posts you would know that I teach CCW classes. I also am a national USPSA competitor. What gun doesn't have a safety and doesn't have at least a 6 lb trigger pull? A small kid won't be able to pull the trigger on a striker fired double action gun.
If it was a 1911 type, then it was definitely chambered and safety would have had to be off. If it was a revolver, the hammer would have had to be cocked for the kid to be able to pull the trigger.
Like I said earlier, training is invaluable, but I'm biased about that.

Quote:
What gun doesn't have a safety and doesn't have at least a 6 lb trigger pull?
Glock 19

Someone who teaches CCW classes isn't familiar with one of the most popular carry guns in the world? Also, as you (should) know one can have a gun smith lighten the trigger. A guy at my range carries a G23 that's at about three pounds. It feels like pulling air.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Cars are registered and drivers are licensed.
And cars are insured.
Might work for guns too.
Please explain how gun licensing and gun registration could have prevented this (or any) shooting.

Thanks

Old 12-31-2014, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Technically one needs to get a license to be able to drive a car on public roads, maybe he is suggesting that to own a gun one needs to have a license.
People need a license to drive yet we have accidents every day. However, anti gun moonbats seem to suggest that gun licensing will cut down on accidents. Go figure.....

Old 12-31-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Stop with the deflection nonsense. NO ONE BLAMES THE HARDWARE! It's the idiots allowed access and even encouraged to possess them that are at fault. With their proliferation has come an arrogant disregarding of their danger in lieu of the cachet of ownership.

None of those other things are designed for the express purpose of inflicting harm when used exactly as designed, either accidentally or deliberately.
Quote:
NO ONE BLAMES THE HARDWARE!
I beg to laugh. Oh really? Well then that clearly explains the massive push for gun control after Newtown.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
I learned how to be safe when cooking before I learned how to cook. That is why I don't put my hand on a hot burner or stick my fingers in the way of the knife when cutting anything. The key to this is SAFETY. We as a country do a p*ss poor job and pushing gun safety and it shows.

Quote:
We as a country do a p*ss poor job and pushing gun safety and it shows.

Well since your knowledge of guns and gun safety clearly couldn't fill a thimble you're not really qualified to comment on that.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Guns go off accidentally all the time due to many reasons. I think it is ironic that we have so many concealed carriers when our crime rate has never been lower and has steadily declined for almost 20 years.

This is the result of the gun panic of 2 years ago. I live in the same state where this tragedy occurred, and it is the 3rd incident of accidental discharge since early fall. One incident was a college teacher whose concealed gun went off while he was teaching class and shot him in the foot. The second incident came from when a concealed gun was accidentally dropped and went off in a store when it hit the floor.

I fully expect to see more incidents coming. Sooner or later, an innocent bystander will be killed, and there will be a whopping lawsuit that follows. I expect that will chill a few of the paranoids out. Being in the wrong place when a criminal is involved is going to be much more rare than incidents like this. I dread the day when two concealed carriers shoot it out with each other and kill everyone around them. It's going to happen. I hope I'm not there, or anyone I know.
Quote:
Guns go off accidentally all the time due to many reasons.
Not so much. Modern handguns are very stable and safe and they only discharge when the trigger is pulled. Why do people who clearly know nothing about the topic at hand insist on pretending that they do?

Old 12-31-2014, 04:13 AM

Quote:
You are intentionally being a bit dishonest here, the woman was visiting the Panhandle, she is from eastern Idaho, so she is still from the same state.

Second, why are gun nuts so afraid of gun safety laws? If one is too dumb to pass a gun safety law, then that person should be denied a gun.
Gun rights advocates oppose any new laws because when gun laws are proven ineffective the anti gun nuts respond with a call for more laws. They don't stop. Also, gun laws only restrict the rights of the law abiding while doing nothing to keep crime in check.

The nation’s toughest gun-control law made Massachusetts less safe - Opinion - The Boston Globe

Gov. Deval Patrick signs sweeping gun bill into law | MSNBC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies