Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Are you saying that there are 100 million Americans that don't care about gun safety? If so, then yes I am a safety elitist.
I make a living teaching firearm safety so you would think I would be for mandatory training.... I would make a lot more money. However, (and this has been the topic of instructor seminars) how can you implement this without a records database? How do you enforce this with private party transfers? A lot of people have put their heads together make it work for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 07:37 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
You are intentionally being a bit dishonest here, the woman was visiting the Panhandle, she is from eastern Idaho, so she is still from the same state.

Second, why are gun nuts so afraid of gun safety laws? If one is too dumb to pass a gun safety law, then that person should be denied a gun.
You just admitted she's not from there, and yet you call me dishonest. Give it a rest.

BECAUSE YOU FRICKEN LIBERALS HAVE PASSED ENOUGH STUPID LAWS.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:38 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I make a living teaching firearm safety so you would think I would be for mandatory training.... I would make a lot more money. However, (and this has been the topic of instructor seminars) how can you implement this without a records database? How do you enforce this with private party transfers? A lot of people have put their heads together make it work for everyone.
National registry including "private" transfers.
Records database.
Bullet trackers!

All great ideas no one without anything to hide should be against!

Old 12-30-2014, 07:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
You are intentionally being a bit dishonest here, the woman was visiting the Panhandle, she is from eastern Idaho, so she is still from the same state.

Second, why are gun nuts so afraid of gun safety laws? If one is too dumb to pass a gun safety law, then that person should be denied a gun.
Well if you take away their little bang-bangs they'll be too afraid to leave the house; how will they fill their moon pie and skittles cravings?

If you're that afraid of your surroundings you need to be strapped to go shopping; what about that is characteristic of either 'free' or 'brave' ?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Two is old enough for gun training. Davy Crockett shot him a 'bar when he was only three.
(but seriously, that's tragic and could have been avoided)
Yes, it was tragic. Don't bars have constitutional rights?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Dumb ass.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:

She was carrying concealed. In Idaho, to have a CCW, you have already taken a gun safety course. If she didn't have a CCW, then she was carrying illegally.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
National registry including "private" transfers.
Records database.
Bullet trackers!

All great ideas no one without anything to hide should be against!
Or people who don't want these records used to confiscate their guns at some point in the future depending on the whims of whatever administration is in place at that time. It's already happening in states that have records.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:50 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:
Actually I would tell them that it is important to practice gun safety and that people should be able to prove that they have passed gun safety requirements to own a gun. It might reduce the number of morons owning guns that creates stories like this one.

No where in that post did I ever say one cannot own a gun, just that gun safety needs to be the number one thing we need to do with the purchase of a gun. Or we can just stick to this ideology garbage, which my response to you would be should we have things like this happen where this child will have to grow up knowing they shot their own mother due to her carelessness and lack of gun safety knowledge?
So how do you enforce that? Do the police get to do random inspections of anyone with a gun to make sure they're still being safe after training? Annual skills review?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:56 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Mom Shot, Killed By 2-Year-Old Son at Walmart - ABC News

Kid pulled the gun from her purse and killed her in a freak accident. Probably isn't a good idea to keep a loaded pistol in your purse next to a toddler
That racist *****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies