Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Your post did not quote him at all, but instead shoved words into his mouth. Ask yourself: why are you unable to make your point by quoting his words, and instead have to resort to making stuff up?
I never said I directly quoted him. No I detailed the meaning of what he said. I can't quote him because it was a verbal interview.

Besides, I fully capture the meaning of his rhetoric.

It's the usual anti-black people bs that conservatives and racists love to hear out of the mouth of a black man.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Of course you're right, but how far do I need to read in this thread before someone tells you, "You don't get to decide who our leaders are!"? (code for "We like Sharpton, but can't admit it" )
No, its code for, you shouldnt tell black people who we can and can not listen to , just like i shouldnt tell white people, conservatives who they should or shouldnt listen to.

And no, he isnt right, he is simply putting forth his opinion.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Typical response from the Reverend Sharpton /Wright chorus. That dog is gonna stop huntin at some point.
lol, I mean just irrational nonsense.

I know you think that such a thing exists, a Rev Wright and Al Sharpton chorus, but the idea just shows how you see black people.

should have thrown in Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Eric Holder, and President Obama, basically any black person that doesn't fully tow the black people suck rhetoric that specializes in reassuring conservatives their feelings about black people aren't racist, and racists that their racist feelings about black people are right.

This is the appeal of Mr. Clarke, cause he is only regurgitating boiler plate conservative talking points, that come out of the mouths of nearly every white conservative that talks about black people.

Here is the basic boilerplate conservative talking point about black people( it can be any subject)

Hey, such and such problem exists cause there is something wrong with the black race, they are deficient in some manner, that's really the cause of the problem, and we can't talk about their deficiencies because everyone will say we are racist, but yeah really the truth is there is something wrong with the black race.

black men like this Sheriff stands up and says, no I agree with these conservstives and it's not racist to say what they said, it's the truth black people are deficient in these ways and those deficiencies are the real issue that everyone is too afraid to discuss.

This is the appeal of Mr Clarke to conservatives and racists.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:51 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
This thread is like a gateway view into the past. You can see the typical black supporters turn on this guy. This is why dr king's message of unity, equal treatment and hard work lost out to the al sharpton theory. It's easier to convince people to sit, play the victim, and demand things.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This thread is like a gateway view into the past. You can see the typical black supporters turn on this guy. This is why dr king's message of unity, equal treatment and hard work lost out to the al sharpton theory. It's easier to convince people to sit, play the victim, and demand things.
Lol, conservatives and their revisionist history about MLK. It's pathetic.

White Americans hated MLK with more passion, then they have ever hated Sharpton and they hated that many black Americans supported him and though black people sucked for backing MLK.

The black people supporting MLK were said to be supporting a criminal, a communist, a racist, who was leading them astray.

But now that they can attempt to co op MLK's message by lying, now he was the greatest thing ever, whom white people loved and whose message is being destroyed by the current generation of black people who suck.

Rinse and repeat

Old 01-01-2015, 10:24 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
lol, I mean just irrational nonsense.

I know you think that such a thing exists, a Rev Wright and Al Sharpton chorus, but the idea just shows how you see black people.

should have thrown in Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Eric Holder, and President Obama, basically any black person that doesn't fully tow the black people suck rhetoric that specializes in reassuring conservatives their feelings about black people aren't racist, and racists that their racist feelings about black people are right.

This is the appeal of Mr. Clarke, cause he is only regurgitating boiler plate conservative talking points, that come out of the mouths of nearly every white conservative that talks about black people.

Here is the basic boilerplate conservative talking point about black people( it can be any subject)

Hey, such and such problem exists cause there is something wrong with the black race, they are deficient in some manner, that's really the cause of the problem, and we can't talk about their deficiencies because everyone will say we are racist, but yeah really the truth is there is something wrong with the black race.

black men like this Sheriff stands up and says, no I agree with these conservstives and it's not racist to say what they said, it's the truth black people are deficient in these ways and those deficiencies are the real issue that everyone is too afraid to discuss.

This is the appeal of Mr Clarke to conservatives and racists.
One can go back and read through just your posts on this thread and see that it is YOU, who is guilty of the very thing you accuse Clarke of. If some one disagrees with your leftist conventional wisdom regarding Race. They are RACIST!! Conservatives are RACIST! What a shame

You have no idea how I see black people or if I see one in the mirror or at my dinner table, when I tuck my children in at night or at my family reunion. Your ignorance is astounding and your attitude is what will keep feeding the racial divide for years to come.
The good news is, blacks are starting to wake up and starting to question and stop believing all of your divisive, sickening, hate filled rhetoric. When you make a deal with the devil you cant see the light no matter how bright it is, but at the end of the day the light will prevail.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:04 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Martin Luther King Jr. was a divisive man that attacked the white supremacy mindset wherever it reared its ugly head. He agitated the status quo so much he was assassinated by a white supremacist because of his radical ideas. It's quite disheartening how his messages are now being "cherry picked" by the same type of people [white conservatives] that gave him hell during his life and killed him for his ideas.

There was much more to MLK's ideas than what he spoke to in the I Have a Dream speech, unity, equal treatment and hard work, etc.! During his time the unity he achieved with pro-civil rights whites and religious minorities like the American Jewish community, wasn't achievable with 1960s white conservatives. He bumped heads with white conservatives on areas such as organized labor, voting rights, civil rights, and deep rooted prejudices held by the white establishment.

Al Sharpton is his own man and he isn't an MLK! But with that said, he uses some of the same tactics that MLK used during his short but meaningful life. He's attacking the white supremacist establishment and just like MLK is receiving hell for doing so, he's getting flack from the same type of people. Whether you agree with what Sharpton is fighting for or not, his divisive tactics are very similar to what MLK did.

Since you enjoy highlighting MLK's opinion on unity, I've put together a couple of his past quotes from a speech touching on his opinion on white supremacy. The actual audio clip is linked below for so you can educate yourself directly if you so choose. He speaks towards the 1960's white conservative's opinion on his ideas of unity... The same unity that white conservatives of today says he was "all about" but in reality he was about building unity by dismantling the white supremacy mindset. For some reason conservatives like to leave that last part out when attempting to make their points!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jr.
There has never been a solid unified determined thrust to make justice a reality for Afro-Americans. The step backwards has a new name today, and it’s called White backlash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jr.
"For the good of America It is necessary to refute the idea that the dominate ideology in our country even today is freedom and equality; while racism is just an occasional departure from the norm on the part of a few bigoted extremist. Racism can as well be that corrosive evil that will bring down the curtain on western civilization."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8d-IYSM-08

Old 01-01-2015, 12:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Well, there's always Al, Jesse and of course ol' Louis. Great guys I tell ya whut!

So, when a black guy makes sense ya'll cower from listening to him - sunshine racism at it's worst. Maybe the FBI misdirector was right about 'cowards' - perhaps he wasn't speaking of just white Americans?
Who we listen to is none of your concern. Mind your business.

If you don't like it, MAKE US listen to him.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:11 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, conservatives and their revisionist history about MLK. It's pathetic.

White Americans hated MLK with more passion, then they have ever hated Sharpton and they hated that many black Americans supported him and though black people sucked for backing MLK.

The black people supporting MLK were said to be supporting a criminal, a communist, a racist, who was leading them astray.

But now that they can attempt to co op MLK's message by lying, now he was the greatest thing ever, whom white people loved and whose message is being destroyed by the current generation of black people who suck.

Rinse and repeat
My point exactly!!!

Most people that are actually educated on the civil rights movement can see right through conservative revisionist history...

Old 01-01-2015, 12:12 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Martin Luther King Jr. was a divisive man that attacked the white supremacy mindset wherever it reared its ugly head. He agitated the status quo so much he was assassinated by a white supremacist because of his radical ideas. It's quite disheartening how his messages are now being "cherry picked" by the same type of people [white conservatives] that gave him hell during his life and killed him for his ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8d-IYSM-08
Fail !! Any credibility you might of had is gone, you no longer deserve to be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies